Report: Baylor set to release information on sexual assault reports

4,947 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ArcticPenguin
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/report-baylor-set-to-release-information-on-sexual-assault-reports/
Bottlehead90
AG
Why should I believe anything baylor says?
Flashdiaz
AG
Boodlum
AG
an interesting note pertaining to this. For several years they submitted reports to various outlets (I think even governmental) stating they had ZERO assaults. It will be interesting if they release new reports contrary to that and what if anything will happen once the reports are out.
HtownAg92
AG
Quote:

Per the Tribune, below are the parameters of the information that will be included in the spreadsheets.
  • Date of alleged assault
  • Date alleged assault was reported to Baylor employee
  • Whether alleged victim was Baylor student
  • Gender of alleged victim
  • Gender of alleged assailant
  • Whether Baylor knew the identity of alleged victim
  • Whether Baylor knew the identity of alleged assailant
  • Whether alleged victim asked Baylor to keep the alleged assailant's identity confidential
  • Location of alleged assault
  • How Baylor learned of alleged assault
  • Specific offices or type of Baylor personnel who were made aware of alleged assault
  • Disposition of complaint

Also to be reported:

* Whether "victim" was drinking
* What "victim" was wearing
* How "victim" was asking for it
* Why "victim" was hanging out with "bad dudes" in the first place
* How much "victim" will be paid to shut up and go away
* Efforts made to ruin the "victim's" life
Wunder
AG
What's the o/u on how many say the victim "wanted to keep the assailants identity confindetial"?
DifferenceMaker Ag

redd38
AG
aggielee03 said:

an interesting note pertaining to this. For several years they submitted reports to various outlets (I think even governmental) stating they had ZERO assaults. It will be interesting if they release new reports contrary to that and what if anything will happen once the reports are out.

This was my first thought as well. They've already reported the number of incidents and that number was zero. Are they now ready to admit that was a lie?
J.P. 03
AG
Right before a four-day weekend. This is my shocked face.
W
AG
yep, Friday at 5pm... book it.

or if Kennedy announces his retirement one day this week...30 minutes after that
Garrelli 5000
AG
Probably all but the ones we know of in the public domain wanted the assailants identity kept confidential, and I'm certain that every Baylor employee the crimes were reported to (per the report) "have not been employed by Baylor for some time now".
moriarty90
AG
Baylor makes me sick to my stomach. First they say nothing is going on, then fire the lady because she was "finding to much evidence" and then of course - BLAME THE countless VICTOMS. --- they even tried to hire ART back in a midnight vote selling tshirts for his solidarity -- Seriously ? I hope the Texas Rangers go on there and restore order
TexAg1987
Quote:

This will be an interesting column.
BESCo91
AG
aggielee03 said:

For several years they submitted reports to various outlets (I think even governmental) stating they had ZERO assaults.
Correct .... those numbers are submitted formally to the federal government.

All universities are required per federal law to submit reported sexual assault statistics yearly.
For the last several years, Baylor has reported 0.
By way of comparison, A&M and tu both reported about 150.
BiochemAg97
AG
aggielee03 said:

I think that is a subject of the DOJ investigation. Submitting false reports to the federal govt doesn't go over so well.
Biz Ag
AG

Quote:

Citing a brief filed in court Friday by attorneys representing Baylor, the Waco Tribune is reporting that "[g]eneral information behind every alleged sexual assault reported to Baylor University since 2003 will soon be released by the school." The university is currently in the process of putting together spreadsheets that will shed light on the incidents over the last decade and a half. Per the Tribune, below are the parameters of the information that will be included in the spreadsheets.

• Date of alleged assault
  • Date alleged assault was reported to Baylor employee
  • Whether alleged victim was Baylor student
  • Whether Baylor knew the identity of alleged victim
  • Whether Baylor knew the identity of alleged assailant
  • Whether alleged victim asked Baylor to keep the alleged assailant's identity confidential
  • Location of alleged assault
  • How Baylor learned of alleged assault
  • Specific offices or type of Baylor personnel who were made aware of alleged assault
  • Disposition of complaint

That's gonna be one long spreasheet.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/06/26/report-baylor-set-to-release-information-on-sexual-assault-reports/
TPS_Report
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

trm94
AG
So is that the equivalent of lying on your tax return? Reported zero...
vegasaggie
If Chevy Chase is involved.....it's funny to me
Science Denier
AG
BESCo91 said:

aggielee03 said:

For several years they submitted reports to various outlets (I think even governmental) stating they had ZERO assaults.
Correct .... those numbers are submitted formally to the federal government.

All universities are required per federal law to submit reported sexual assault statistics yearly.
For the last several years, Baylor has reported 0.
By way of comparison, A&M and tu both reported about 150.
The Collective
AG
So, is tonight the night?
BESCo91
AG
CJS4715 said:

For ........ ?
goodAg80
AG
CJS4715 said:

Are you female going to Waco?
McInnis80
Busy news cycle, summer, Friday before a holiday weekend, look for it around 6:30 this evening. They don't want to make the 6:00 local news, but will be in the Saturday Tribune-Herald.

Somehow I don't think the numbers on the new report will tie to their Clery Act report.
petey88

if able & catch the 5 & 6 newscast, give notice here.

Edit: 4:26 pm, KWTX.com & tv up here, nothing yet.

Second tv is on KCEN tv, but they moved the studio to Temple from Bruceville Eddy recently. Don't watch KXXV much.
LHIOB
AG
Classic Baylor
petey88

nothing yet
DifferenceMaker Ag

wbt5845
AG
petey88 said:

nothing yet
The night is young
LHIOB
AG
Maybe Monday at 5:30 as the news switches to hands blown off by fireworks
petey88

still nothing, BTW, I do not reside in that dump, about an hour south.

Sold my house there in 2008

Edit: rehashing 6 pm newscast for lead stories
dixichkn
AG
I have the distinct feeling y'all will be waiting a looooooooong time
Token
AG
In emails, then-Baylor regent calls students suspected of drinking 'perverted little tarts'

Quote:

Then-Baylor University Regent Neal "Buddy" Jones referred to female students he suspected of drinking alcohol as "perverted little tarts," "very bad apples," "insidious and inbred" and "the vilest and most despicable of girls" in 2009 emails to a faculty adviser, according to documents filed in a Title IX lawsuit against the university.
ArcticPenguin
trm94 said:

So is that the equivalent of lying on your tax return? Reported zero...
There is a federal law that was passed during the Civil War that makes it a felony to file a "false claim" to the government called the False Claims Act.

It was first put into place because arms dealers were selling crates of gun and ammo to the North with bags of sawdust on the bottom to make them weigh the right amount, but actually be "light" on the merchandise.

It is used today by the DOJ to prosecute all kinds of different certifications to the government. Whoever signed the false report is facing up to 5 yrs in prison for every false certification, if the DOJ chose to go that route.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.