Texas A&M University is the revenue king for Texas college sports

6,600 Views | 36 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by txjortsagent
who?mikejones
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
https://www.texastribune.org/2017/06/22/ballpark-figures-texas-m-reigns-uh-gets-boost-texas-college-sports-rev/

No comment needed.
aTm2004
AG
Quote:

UT-Austin and A&M continued to fare far better than the other six schools in the Tribune's analysis. Texas Tech earned significantly less than those two, but it came close to breaking even without needing a subsidy.
aTm2004
AG
So, the sips' profit was only about $16mm while daddy's was about $57mm? That's good, right? Can I get a sip to tell me how 16 > 57?
Bottlehead90
AG
sec
AgOutsideAustin
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

UT-Austin and A&M continued to fare far better than the other six schools in the Tribune's analysis. Texas Tech earned significantly less than those two, but it came close to breaking even without needing a subsidy.

Coming close to breaking even without needing a subsidy is the best EVAR!
Al Bula
AG
Redneck accounting confounded by stadium bonds/Randolph Duke

(On a serious note... now that A&M continues to be rich AF, the TMF nor A&M need my money any more as long as they employ an underachieving coach and racist libtard arts teachers)
BESCo91
AG
2015/16 school year:
- A&M had $57.3 in profit.
- tu had $16.6M in profit.

"A&M claimed its perch for one key reason: It was still bringing in contributions to pay for the $485 million renovation of its football stadium, Kyle Field. During the 2015-16 school year, the university collected $75 million in donations. Without that boost, A&M would probably have fallen behind UT-Austin in total revenue." - Texas Tribune

That's fine .... no problem.
In the future, I expect A&M and tu to be very close in number$ .... tu will likely edge A&M by a couple million.

The goal is to have your AD take in a sh-t ton of money, and spend a sh-t ton of money .... so profits are optimally small.
redd38
AG
Still can't afford the track we want though
45-70Ag
AG
I gave $500 of that

Oops, wrong. Only 250
Your Friend
Where does the profit go?
The Collective
AG
So, is that fake money A&M took in to finance the stadium project? Also, I thought we were incapable of servicing our debt load per our obsessed little friend...
BESCo91
AG
Ol' Randy is home suck starting his 9mm right now.
91_Aggie
AG
Poor Bill Yoeman:

Houston was $26 million in the red... the article explains why;

Quote:

Because the big business nature of college sports forces the less competitive universities to spend more than they brought in.
Your Friend said:

Good question. I hope it goes to serve the University in a better way than athletics.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^^ dumb just answered dumber.

Jk 33.
The Wonderer
AG
aTm2004 said:

Quote:

Paradise Ag
AG
33 said:

Your Friend said:

Good question. I hope it goes to serve the University in a better way than athletics.

Nope. Stays in the Athletic Department for things like flying athletes to Omaha or to bowl games or to NCAA track meets. Y'know, things the other school referenced doesn't have to budget for.

But don't you worry 33, the University's doing fine too.
Ronnie Mund
Daddy is rich as ****.
petey88
33 said:

Your Friend said:

at least we don't Vints on the pay roll doing absolute nothing except being an idiot,...

and paying 3 guys to coach football
coldmoose
redd38 said:

Still can't afford the track we want though
Ag83
AG
petey88 said:

33 said:

Your Friend said:

at least we don't Vints on the pay roll doing absolute nothing except being an idiot,...

vINTs is(was) on our payroll (i.e., state of Texas taxpayers), not the sip AD payroll. Had it been the latter, it'd have been fine. Instead, they chose to let him leech off all of us. Public malfeasance of the highest order.
realestateguru
AG
Hello Charles M Satterfield III!

Quote:

What is either hilarious or pathetic is the ags proclaiming their school to be "the wealthiest public university in the nation" and their athletic department to be the wealthiest in the nation.

No non-redneck has ever set foot in College Station, Texas and though they were in the midst of opulent wealth.

In a way it's fitting that a 10k ring that most of their alumni have trouble affording and has nothing to do with graduating from college is the status symbol of their culture. At the same time, it is also both sad and pathetic.

And, in all fairness, I believe the going rate for an **** ring at the pawn shops of College Station is $130. Balfour is making a killing off those stupid idiots.
45-70Ag
AG
So he's reduced to insulting the aggie ring? That's all he has left.
The Collective
AG
He used to be somewhat funny. This "character" has run its course.
millertyme
AG
aTm2004 said:

So, the sips' profit was only about $16mm while daddy's was about $57mm? That's good, right? Can I get a sip to tell me how 16 > 57?
I think this is the same math that says 5-7 > 8-5
vansprinkle
AG
I purposely bought my ring in 10k. I didn't want some pansy ass 14k ring that I would wear out. I may sit in an office with an awesome window view all week, but on the weekends I'm wrenching on my multiple cars, helping at my parents ranch, playing with my kids in the water at my parents lake house, going bay or offshore fishing with my inlaws, or killing **** at the family hunting ranch. I don't need some girly ass 14k that I'll have to replace every 5-10 years due to its softness.

But I guess that's something horn men prefer, being soft, as evidenced by every football team they've had over the last decade.

I'll add that i could have either been frugal and bought a used ring (although $130 sounds far too cheap to be real) or I could have been a big baller and have just bought a higher grade gold and replaced it as it wore. But my ring means something to me. It represents hard work, sleepless nights, sacrifice, friendships, family, and great memories. This is my ring, I wouldn't want someone else's, and I never want to replace it.
RDV-1992
millertyme said:

aTm2004 said:

I think this is the same math that says 5-7 > 8-5
But that 5-7 is trending up!

lol
petey88
Ag83 said:

petey88 said:

33 said:

Your Friend said:

vINTs is(was) on our payroll (i.e., state of Texas taxpayers), not the sip AD payroll. Had it been the latter, it'd have been fine. Instead, they chose to let him leech off all of us. Public malfeasance of the highest order.

yeah, those dumb asses hired him, not us.
Caesar4
AG
realestateguru said:

Hello Charles M Satterfield III!

Quote:

What is either hilarious or pathetic is the ags proclaiming their school to be "the wealthiest public university in the nation" and their athletic department to be the wealthiest in the nation.

No non-redneck has ever set foot in College Station, Texas and though they were in the midst of opulent wealth.

In a way it's fitting that a 10k ring that most of their alumni have trouble affording and has nothing to do with graduating from college is the status symbol of their culture. At the same time, it is also both sad and pathetic.

And, in all fairness, I believe the going rate for an **** ring at the pawn shops of College Station is $130. Balfour is making a killing off those stupid idiots.

Ironic x Eleventybillion that Charles is making an ASSertion regarding anything hilarious & pathetic.

Charles is the posterchild for hilarious & pathetic.
DayAg!
S
Quote:

Because the big business nature of college sports forces the less competitive universities to spend more than they brought in.
Damn bagman aint cheap.
DeepEastTxAg
AG
I'm not even joking. That mother****er needs to be institutionalized.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Pretty sure $130 wouldn't even cover the gold in a ring. They're roughly 31 hands for a men's ring, which would be like $500 in gold alone.
45-70Ag
AG
vansprinkle said:

I purposely bought my ring in 10k. I didn't want some pansy ass 14k ring that I would wear out. I may sit in an office with an awesome window view all week, but on the weekends I'm wrenching on my multiple cars, helping at my parents ranch, playing with my kids in the water at my parents lake house, going bay or offshore fishing with my inlaws, or killing **** at the family hunting ranch. I don't need some girly ass 14k that I'll have to replace every 5-10 years due to its softness.

But I guess that's something horn men prefer, being soft, as evidenced by every football team they've had over the last decade.

I'll add that i could have either been frugal and bought a used ring (although $130 sounds far too cheap to be real) or I could have been a big baller and have just bought a higher grade gold and replaced it as it wore. But my ring means something to me. It represents hard work, sleepless nights, sacrifice, friendships, family, and great memories. This is my ring, I wouldn't want someone else's, and I never want to replace it.

I bought a higher grade gold so it would wear out eventually. I want a smooth piece of gold in my 60's. I've worn it every day since '02 and I can't tell a difference.
Ol Rock
AG
Quote:

For the second straight year, A&M topped the state in athletics department revenue. It even surpassed the University of Texas at Austin

That second sentence seem a little redundant to anyone else?
David_Puddy
AG
Your Friend said:

To bolster education in order to keep noodle armed dumbasses like you from ever getting accepted.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.