Whorns can KISS it goodbye

9,139 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgCat93
Joe Schillaci 48
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From today's Houston Chronicle. ......Gene Simmons is tradmarking the whorns favorite finger gesture.

By now we all know that KISS frontman Gene Simmons has filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office seeking to trademark the "rock on" or "devil horns" hand gesture. He claims he's been doing it since 1974, and and being Gene Simmons he wants to start making money from it.
PREVIOUS: Gene Simmons of Kiss tries to trademark the sign language gesture for 'love'

Many also know it as the American Sign Language gesture for love, but in the Lone Star State it's better known as the University of Texas "hook 'em" gesture.

sleepybeagle
AG
padreislandagfan
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
How has that not been trademarked already?
Al Bula
AG
One gesture is thumb in, one is thumb out. Stupid.
Flashdiaz
AG
anyone who tries to trademark a hand gesture should get this arm gesture:

Lungblood
Gaaaaaaaaay
heddy Lamarr
AG
Quote:

Does anyone have a lamer hand gesture than us?
tu and Gene Simmons
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
EliteZags said:

OU
aggieclay
EliteZags said:

Thumbs up? Uh, that's probably the most popular in the world, well second to flipping you off gesture!
Lateralus Ag
AG
FishingAggie said:

Where's our law people when we need them?

I hate tu. Well I dislike them a lot. Both parents are horns so my brother and I secretely laugh when they lose.

However, I think tu > gene Simmons.

Besides, what will tu have to complain about if people aren't "horns down" That's my favorite hand gesture, second only to half a peace sign.

Number 1?
VanZandt92
EliteZags said:

Highway 6 runs both ways
BostonAg74
One of my proudest moments in college was the time I convinced a Texas sorority girl that the hook 'em sign was derived from a hand signal used in ancient Greece whereby Eunuchs would greet each other on the street. The two middle fingers turned down, representing missing testicles, were actually the most significant element of the gesture, and the extended outside fingers served no other purpose than to draw attention to the middle fingers.

In all fairness, she was pretty drunk, but considering the fact that I made the whole thing up on the spot, I was still pretty proud of myself.
alamoaggie 64
"L for Loser" Tech
HTownAg98
Randy Duke might just lose his **** over this.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Now, as I understand it, Sip trying to fight this in any way is a sign of weakness and cowardice because REAL schools don't defend their IP
DifferenceMaker Ag
Did you provide her a practical demonstration of non-eunuch boot knocking afterwards?
Love Gun
What was the reason the Saw em Off logo had to put a spot on the cow's nose?
DeangeloVickers
AG
goodAg80
AG
Champ Bailey said:

How has that not been trademarked already?

No, but they do have a trademark.

The™ University of Texas.
AGinHI
AG
aggieclay said:

EliteZags said:

Thumbs up? Uh, that's probably the most popular in the world, well second to flipping you off gesture!
Ragoo
AG
EliteZags said:

basically everyone from the old SWC started using hand gestures following the "gig'em".
SchizoAg
AG
yep
mellison
AG
Ever seen Baylor's?
malenurse
AG
SchizoAg said:

yep
That article's description of how UH came up with their sign is laughable.
malenurse
AG
EliteZags said:

You serious, Clark?

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Okay, first off......it's going to be hard to Simmons to convince a jury he came up with it first, thanks to it being popularized by this man:

Yeah, he doesn't have a chance in hell of this copyright.
Potcake
AG
malenurse said:

EliteZags said:

You serious, Clark?

Is that middle one the Extreme Shocker or just what you use on women who have given birth?
Bottlehead90
AG
That last photo is sad.

Dyed hair color and body paint at a game nobody cares about. As can be seen by the empty stadium.
aTm2004
AG
Champ Bailey said:

EliteZags said:

OU

They should be worried about it being trademarked by the Skidmore School if Proctology.
BiochemAg97
AG
GiveEmHellBill said:

Okay, first off......it's going to be hard to Simmons to convince a jury he came up with it first, thanks to it being popularized by this man:

Yeah, he doesn't have a chance in hell of this copyright.
Gene's gesture has the thumb extended. Isn't the same as this or tu.
always gig em
AG
Quote:

I found dr curry's ga right here
Science Denier
AG
BostonAg74 said:

One of my proudest moments in college was the time I convinced a Texas sorority girl that the hook 'em sign was derived from a hand signal used in ancient Greece whereby Eunuchs would greet each other on the street. The two middle fingers turned down, representing missing testicles, were actually the most significant element of the gesture, and the extended outside fingers served no other purpose than to draw attention to the middle fingers.

In all fairness, she was pretty drunk, but considering the fact that I made the whole thing up on the spot, I was still pretty proud of myself.
Well, did you **** her? If not, you fail. Especially if she was drunk.
Tmoneyag99
AG
pepe the dog said:

From today's Houston Chronicle. ......Gene Simmons is tradmarking the whorns favorite finger gesture.

By now we all know that KISS frontman Gene Simmons has filed an application with the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office seeking to trademark the "rock on" or "devil horns" hand gesture. He claims he's been doing it since 1974, and and being Gene Simmons he wants to start making money from it.
PREVIOUS: Gene Simmons of Kiss tries to trademark the sign language gesture for 'love'

Many also know it as the American Sign Language gesture for love, but in the Lone Star State it's better known as the University of Texas "hook 'em" gesture.

Man I hope it happens. I hope Mr Simmons does get to trade mark the longhorn sign (not the sign for love). I can't wait to see the hand wringing in the streets if this happens. *fingers crossed*

IDGAF how stupid this idea sounds. I hope it works out in Simmons' favor because F* tu
Your Friend
Hahahhaa that'd be hilarious
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.