And now showing on the LHN for the 137th time

4,660 Views | 24 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by GAC06
45-70Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
The season

I guess it'll play until Gabriel blows his horn. Or some dude
dixichkn
AG
And yet I wonder......how do y'all know? I have that f'ing channel blocked. Just pass right by it.
45-70Ag
AG
It shows on the guide

If I can block it i have no idea how to
W
AG
perhaps more like the 537th time
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

perhaps more like the 537th time
This year
Wildcat
AG
Kids presently being recruited were between 4 & 5 years old at the time of that season. Given that A&M joined the SEC in 2012, these same kids would have been no more than 11-12 when we played in the BDF, there was an A&M/tu rivalry, and anyone outside of a the I35 sliver gave a sheet about tu football..

Point being, and I've said this for years, the hardest sip alum to tolerate is the "look-back", when his head is turned to some point in ancient history when they were actually relevant.

HTownAg98
They showed the 1983 A&M game earlier this week. The rest of their game tapes from the 80s from that game going forward must have been destroyed in a fire or something.
MD20/20
AG
Jackie whipped 'em and made 'em say they liked it.
At some point, Vince is not going to score on 4th and 5 from the 8. However, he might pick up the first down and then the clock is a bigger issue.

Note: I don't have LHN (or any cable/dish service). This thread reinforces my decision to get rid of my u-verse almost two years ago.
Tamu_mgm
AG
Dude, that's pretty much all they've had to cheer about in the last 8 years, let 'em have it. It's sad really.
nu awlins ag
AG
Craig Way is absolutely stoked.....again.
elfurioso92
AG
Surely they will schedule in some of the highlights from the Coming on Strong era.
huisachel
outside of a couple of Johnny Football games, what would you guys show if you had your own network?

My own favorite on the LHN is our last game with A&M; what a thriller, and JFF was on the sidelines watching. And I think: if you guys had stayed in our conference and kept your coach another year you would have rolled us up like a hay bale the next year and probably played for the national championship. Unintended consequences.

Better you left; so much more money and the prestige of being competitive, sort of, in the world's greatest conference.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Holy **** dude guess you finally woke up from your back to back to back losing seasons coma! Go dig up rv horn when you get time.
Aggiejay512
huisachel said:

outside of a couple of Johnny Football games, what would you guys show if you had your own network?

My own favorite on the LHN is our last game with A&M; what a thriller, and JFF was on the sidelines watching. And I think: if you guys had stayed in our conference and kept your coach another year you would have rolled us up like a hay bale the next year and probably played for the national championship. Unintended consequences.

Better you left; so much more money and the prestige of being competitive, sort of, in the world's greatest conference.

Hey guy if this is so important tell me who won when they met up at dkr? Atm ?

Wait so the last time Texas s home crowd saw atm it was when von Miller played
45-70Ag
AG
huisachel said:

This is why networks for a single university are an incredibly stupid idea, the lhn has proved it over and over.
W
AG
yep, this is why the statue of limitations on championships is about 5 years. Maybe 10 years at most. Beyond that the new group of players don't know or don't care
vin1041
AG
I feel that if A&M would have won that game the SEC move would of never happened.
GenericAggie
AG
vin1041 said:

I feel that if A&M would have won that game the SEC move would of never happened.

Sarcasm?
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
huisachel said:

Any of our bowl games from the last three seasons. Texas should show theirs from that time too.

Oh wait.
TPS_Report
AG
Holy hell! Three straight losing seasons! It's been like 40 years since A&M has had that trifecta! Here's hoping Hotlips Herman can keep the sheet-train rolling!
WestAustinAg
AG
Actually Texas A&M would have much more compelling content over the past 5 years. Better games...better matchups...more wins...more bowls...

And new content is better than older content. The 1969 Arky/Texas battle is only interesting to about a hundred people in the world. Any win last season, for instance, by Texas will have better ratings than that 50 year old game.
huisachel
the network is aimed at alumni and they are interested in old glories, hence the constant re showing of the 1969 Arkansas game, the doc on the national championship seasons in '65, and 69 and 70 and the one in 2005. The wins over OU and A&M get re shown all the time..

A&M kicked our tails regularly when Jackie was around and for a while under RC but for years you really only had one rival whereas Texas had two. Tech doesn't count imo.

The idea of one school having its own channel always struck me as bizarre and I consider the LHN a bust as a whole.The only school which might be able to pull it off right now is Alabama, and I stress the right now part. Now if you guys had joined in, as offered by DeLoss Dodds, that would be worth watching assuming we were still in the same conference.

ESPN is overextended moneywise and is going to have to shed some of its expensive toys. LHN should be among the first to go IMO.
petey88
huisachel said:

the network is aimed at alumni and they are interested in old glories, hence the constant re showing of the 1969 Arkansas game, the doc on the national championship seasons in '65, and 69 and 70 and the one in 2005. The wins over OU and A&M get re shown all the time..

A&M kicked our tails regularly when Jackie was around and for a while under RC but for years you really only had one rival whereas Texas had two. Tech doesn't count imo.

The idea of one school having its own channel always struck me as bizarre and I consider the LHN a bust as a whole.The only school which might be able to pull it off right now is Alabama, and I stress the right now part. Now if you guys had joined in, as offered by DeLoss Dodds, that would be worth watching assuming we were still in the same conference.

ESPN is overextended moneywise and is going to have to shed some of its expensive toys. LHN should be among the first to go IMO.

no thanks, we're a helluva lot better off wanting to be big dogs running with the big dogs.

No offense, but you sound like this high school drop out baylro tee shirt fan I know, that always tries to tell us stories that are common knowledge. Only difference is he gets so excited, he starts stuttering while thinking he is the smartest guy in the room.
APHIS AG
Our game is being shown right now.
GAC06
AG
huisachel said:

If we weren't in the SEC we wouldn't have beaten Alabama. Zero chance an undefeated Big12 team bumps an undefeated Alabama or Notre Dame. Yet sips keep saying this same stupid *****
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.