Old "Del" isn't very smart

7,873 Views | 49 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ThunderCougarFalconBird
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
BohunkAg
AG
Also, he I'm not sure he "upset" anyone. He just showed what a dumbass he is.
up-n-aTm
AG
"LOL" doesn't do this article justice. I don't even know where to start......
Schrute
Macarthur
It was a good natured jab. He mentioned that it allowed TCU into the Big 12. Everyone needs to chill.
I think he's not dumb; in fact, he's correct. A&M leaving opened the door for TCU and they've benefited greatly.

I don't think he's judging the A&M decision, just noting the positive consequence for TCU.
Macarthur
Yes, and he's very smart. Check his twitter. All tongue in cheek.

DelConte is actually really good at his job. If you look at the entire athletic program, he's been very salty.

DifferenceMaker Ag
33 said:

I think he's not dumb; in fact, he's correct. A&M leaving opened the door for TCU and they've benefited greatly.

I don't think he's judging the A&M decision, just noting the positive consequence for TCU.
How, exactly, has that been a mistake for us? WGAS about the fortunes of TCU and the great fortune they have to languish in the bdf until it all implodes. Granted, it has been a big step from the MWC.. for awhile anyway.
Hood
AG
DMN clickbait
Potcake
AG
What exactly is an erroneous mistake?
Schrute
Potcake said:

What exactly is an erroneous mistake?
erroneous: containing error; mistaken; incorrect; wrong

Our move to the SEC didn't contain an error, was not mistaken, was not incorrect, and was not wrong.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Did he really say an "erroneous" mistake?

erroneous /rns/ adjective
synonyms: wrong, incorrect, mistaken, in error, inaccurate, untrue, false, fallacious

So he said the Aggies made a mistaken mistake, cleverly using a double-negative to say we did the right thing. If he really wanted to criticize the move to the SEC, he'd have called it an egregious error.
Scrap Iron Ag
AG
Dang, too slow.
FTAggies
It was a joke, he was basically saying it was a mistake to let TCU in the door because now they're an athletic juggernaut we have to recruit and compete against. He would have made the same comment had we stayed in the Big XII and been responsible for letting them in. Look out world TCU's coming!!
Your Friend
Look at all the idiots getting trolled. "Erroneous mistake". Think about it
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

33 said:

How, exactly, has that been a mistake for us? WGAS about the fortunes of TCU and the great fortune they have to languish in the bdf until it all implodes. Granted, it has been a big step from the MWC.. for awhile anyway.
I'm guessing their AD (Del Conte himself) gives a ***** That's sort of the point.
ABATTBQ11
AG
33 said:

This is stupid. TCU benefited, but we would not have benefited from staying. This is like some jackass saying, "Haha! Gotcha sucker. I'm dating your ex and banging her good! She's way better than my last girlfriend! You ****ed up leaving this one!" all the while missing the fact that you dumped your *****y 6 ex for a new 9 that makes better money and likes the same stuff you do. Just because he left his 4 and picked up your old 6 does not make you dumping that 6 a mistake. Good for him, but better for you.
ABATTBQ11
AG
DifferenceMaker Ag said:

33 said:

How, exactly, has that been a mistake for us? WGAS about the fortunes of TCU and the great fortune they have to languish in the bdf until it all implodes. Granted, it has been was a big step from the MWC.. for awhile anyway.

FIFY
The Collective
AG
LOL @ this dude...

Quote:

"I've got one shot," he recounted, "to go see DeLoss."

It was a quite a visit. Del Conte grabbed a car, a driver and a bunch of reference material, binders, extolling the advantages of TCU and Fort Worth.

"I get up at 8 o'clock in the morning and drive to Darrell K. Royal Stadium. I get to [Dodds'] office. Nine comes around, 10 comes around. I've got a GA [graduate assistant] outside waiting for me, by the way. I tell him, 'Just wait 10 minutes I'll be back.' Pretty soon it's 3:30.

"[DeLoss] comes out and says, 'Who are you?' Chris Del Conte, Texas Christian U. He doesn't hear 'Chris.' he hears 'Del'. 'Del, let's go get ourselves a drink and discuss it.'

"We went to a restaurant and had a little libation at 3:30. By the time 8:30 rolls around, we were [into it] pretty good but we got ourselves in a situation. I kept trying to give him my [binders]. He said, 'I've heard enough, Del' and just walked away."

The Big 12 ADs had a conference call the next day.

"The next morning I got up. Joe [Castiglione] goes, 'I don't know what you did but it worked.' We got the vote. The Frogs are in,' Del Conte said.

BohunkAg
AG
FTAggies said:

It was a joke, he was basically saying it was a mistake to let TCU in the door because now they're an athletic juggernaut we have to recruit and compete against. He would have made the same comment had we stayed in the Big XII and been responsible for letting them in. Look out world TCU's coming!!
He still sounded stupid. As did Ben Baby for breathlessly tweeting it out like it was going to ruffle feathers. TCU is still a gnat on our ass. If a Big Four conference job came open, Old Del would leave at the first chance he got.
BESCo91
AG
It's pretty simple really ......

A&M benefited greatly by leaving the Big12.
TCU benefitted greatly by A&M leaving the Big12.
Our move to the SEC was a boon for BOTH A&M AND TCU.
The Collective
AG
BESCo91 said:

Yes, a true win-win scenario.
Macarthur
Good grief there's a lot of snowflake Ags on here. He said it tongue in cheek for god's sake.
Macarthur
BohunkAg said:

FTAggies said:

He still sounded stupid. As did Ben Baby for breathlessly tweeting it out like it was going to ruffle feathers. TCU is still a gnat on our ass. If a Big Four conference job came open, Old Del would leave at the first chance he got.

If you look at lists around the country, his name is high on most lists. He has done a great job at TCU and is thought of very highly around the country.
BQ_90
AG
Macarthur said:

BohunkAg said:

FTAggies said:

If you look at lists around the country, his name is high on most lists. He has done a great job at TCU and is thought of very highly around the country.
yet every time he opens his mouth he sounds like a moron.
David_Puddy
AG
33 said:

I think he will be singing a different tune in 4-5 years when the Big 12 implodes and TCU is left fighting for themselves in conference realignment and Texas gives them a big f-ck you.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
David_Puddy said:

33 said:

I think he will be singing a different tune in 4-5 years when the Big 12 implodes and TCU is left fighting for themselves in conference realignment and Texas gives them a big f-ck you.
this is the funny part. TCU is still among the "have nots" of college sports. The Big 12 move is but a temporary stay of their annual matchups with powerhouses like Cal State - Dominguez Hills, Eastern Kentucky, Central Pennsylhiokotabraska A&F and home locksmith repair college (or earn your degree!), and University of Phoenix online - Rochester New York campus.
The Collective
AG
For TCU, the Big 12 was a good decision whether it lasted 2 years from their entry or another 10 years from today. They understand looking out for self-interest more than most given their history since the SWC death, and they did that in this instance.
SchizoAg
AG
Macarthur said:

BohunkAg said:

FTAggies said:

He still sounded f-cking stupid. As did Ben Baby for breathlessly tweeting it out like it was going to ruffle feathers. TCU is still a gnat on our ass. If a Big Four conference job came open, Old Del would leave at the first chance he got.

Kind of like Eric Hyman was?
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
I heard the interview. It was an lolwut moment. Remember guys, we aggieieggzziyyyesss "left the state of Texas" the go to SEC
BESCo91
AG
Quote:

When the Big12 implodes:
- OU, OKSt, TT, tu all go to Pac.
- KU goes to B1G.
- WVU goes ACC.
- BU, ISU, KSU, TCU are left to find a non-Power4 home.
goodAg80
AG
BESCo91 said:

Quote:

When the Big12 implodes:
- KU goes to B1G.
- WVU goes ACC.
TCU is angling for the TTU spot.
BESCo91
AG
goodAg80 said:

BESCo91 said:

Quote:

When the Big12 implodes:
- KU goes to B1G.
- WVU goes ACC.
TCU is angling for the TTU spot.
They may be angling, but it ain't gonna happen.
The Pac will not admit a religiously affiliated school .... even in name only.
ccatag
AG
CJS4715 said:

BESCo91 said:

Yes, a true win-win scenario.
Wrong. There is more to the equation.

SEC benefited
Bdf did not benefit.

This is a win-win-win-loss scenario
The Chicken Ranch
AG
I wonder how dumb he thought we were when he waited for hours in the waiting room in DeLoss Dodd's office just so he could meet him and plead their case to be granted admission to the XII and Dodds didn't even know who he was.

What a moron.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.