Baylol to get hammered

8,052 Views | 43 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by usmcbrooks
BiochemAg97
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
bonfarr said:

What is the significance of him working for the D of D? Why would justice inform them of a Title IX issue?
I would imagine DoJ didn't tell him, but rather water cooler gossip between various fed employees that all happen to frequent the same federal building.

But it does seem kinda odd that kinda info was being spread around
mazzag
AG
aggiehawg said:

Sean Mercer said:

This is purely third hand knowledge. I trust my source, but don't know anything about his source.

My uncle works for the Dept of Defense, (not Homeland Security) and spends 2-3 days/week in the Federal building. He was told that the Dept of Justice has informed the NCAA and state and local officials to back of the Baylor investigation. The DOJ is getting ready to lower the boom on Baylor using Title IX.

I know... this guy told a guy who told me.

I can only hope that this is reliable.
If they are using Title IX, that likely indicates Baylor's eligibility to receive federal funds will be curtailed or eliminated. No student loan, no research money, etc. for a specific time during which Baylor will be closely monitored to bring it into compliance.

Not a death blow to a small private school, but very unpleasant.

I disagree. This would be a death blow to Baylor. Where does the money come from for partial scholarships for athletes? And one of the victims(from California) said she went to Baylor because they offered more money. This should always have been Baylor fans fears, losing federal grant and loan money. They're just to dumb to see it.
PCC_80
AG
Quote:

I disagree. This would be a death blow to Baylor. Where does the money come from for partial scholarships for athletes? And one of the victims(from California) said she went to Baylor because they offered more money. This should always have been Baylor fans fears, losing federal grant and loan money. They're just to dumb to see it.
Agreed, no Fed loans/grants/research dollars would be a really crippling blow. Probably half of Bayrols students would go elsewhere to places where they could get loans and grants. Faculty and staff would be decimated due to losses of students and research dollars. Accreditation could even be endangered.

The NCAA following afterward to salt the earth with additional penalties on Bayrols AD would cut about the only remaining major revenue stream Bayrol would have left. Remember Bayrol built their new stadium with borrowed money. Those payments and probably lots of others will still be due every month. How big of an endowment does Bayrol have again ? They might need it.
GiveEmHellBill
AG

Still relevant.
CrottyKid
AG
Perfect way for t.u. to blow up the BDF and blame it on Baylor.
J.P. 03
AG
mazzag said:

They're just to dumb to see it.
LostInLA07
AG
There'd be no reason for the NCAA to hand down any sanctions because Baylor would have to eliminate athletics to try to stay afloat until they are eligible for federal funding and student loans again.

95% of their students are receiving some form of financial aid and I'm sure a high chunk of that consists of federal loans and grants.

Not to mention the loss of all their decent faculty since they'd lose eligibility for federal research grants.
Tailgate88
AG

Couldn't happen to a more deserving set of scumbags. Burn it to the ground.
The Wonderer
AG
Goose said:

redd38 said:

DOJ gonna tell them no more school dances for a year!

That'll show 'em.
School dances are okay...it's the #6 Dances that got 'em in trouble.
usmcbrooks
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.