Welcome to The Houston Regional Aggies

16,106 Views | 116 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 88jrt06
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Let me know if you need some tips to get around town this weekend.
HTownAg98
1. Pack heat.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
BillYeoman said:

Let me know if you need some tips to get around town this weekend.

No thanks, we'll just be tuned into the police scanner.
AggieBand2004
AG
2. Don't expect to find hot coeds. You'll just find old non-trads and ugly asians.
Maroon Dawn
AG
Lots of bitterness from those who either had to stay home for 4 years or who paid for a crappy on campus dorm to pretend their moms house isn't 20 minutes away
goodAg80
AG
3. Don't drive a nice car
Ragoo
AG
Can rice host but say UH actually is?
BohunkAg
AG
Which is the nicest convenience store to eat in and not get murdered around the UH campus?
Aggie_Eric98
AG
Where is the statue of Herman located?
dixichkn
AG
4) avoid 290. Walking in from CS is faster.
BillYeoman
BohunkAg said:

Which is the nicest convenience store to eat in and not get murdered around the UH campus?

7/11 was founded by a Coog but they aren't around. I would suggest Pinks Pizza on campus. Great pizza and beer. Or you can "Railgate" at Lucky's Pub and take the rail to the stadium. Either way you will be exposed to great culture and glorious H-Town life! Welcome to the big city! Hope you enjoy your stay and the games. That is if you can get tix in the "Sea of Red!"
BillYeoman
Aggie_Eric98 said:

Where is the statue of Herman located?

In Braes Bayou
Ag81Golf
BillYeoman said:

BohunkAg said:

7/11 was founded by a Coog but they aren't around. I would suggest Pinks Pizza on campus. Great pizza and beer. Or you can "Railgate" at Lucky's Pub and take the rail to the stadium. Either way you will be exposed to great culture and glorious H-Town life! Welcome to the big city! Hope you enjoy your stay and the games. That is if you can get tix in the "Sea of Red!"

Pinks Pizza? Does it have a rainbow flag in front?
aginlakeway
AG
BillYeoman said:

BohunkAg said:

There will be more maroon.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Ronnie Mund
Anybody know if muy is making his way into town? Because I will beat the **** out of him if he steps foot in my city.
Furlock Bones
AG
Ag81Golf said:

BillYeoman said:

BohunkAg said:

Pink's Pizza is legit.
The Wonderer
AG
Ag81Golf said:

BillYeoman said:

BohunkAg said:

Best delivery pizza in town.
DD88
AG
Well, it looks like the Popeyes where we were threatened by some youts is now closed. The McD's near the baseball facility was a bit safer. I was stuck there most of the day for a Science Fair.
BillYeoman
DD88 said:

Well, it looks like the Popeyes where we were threatened by some youts is now closed. The McD's near the baseball facility was a bit safer. I was stuck there most of the day for a Science Fair.

Go to French'y's next time.
BohunkAg
AG
BillYeoman said:

DD88 said:

Even I know this.
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
Is The Den still on campus? That place had $2 20oz domestics when I was in law school.

Speaking of UH Law - did you know that it wins the contest every year for biggest difference in rank between law school and undergrad school? In my year, a whopping 3 alums from the undergrad school made it into the law school (compared to the 30-40 each from A&M and sip)
DD88
AG
BillYeoman said:

DD88 said:

Well, now you tell me.
TXAGBQ76
AG
I always get a big chuckle with your tongue in cheek posts like this one. However, I'm never sure you are trying to convince us or yourself.
BillYeoman
blindey said:

Is The Den still on campus? That place had $2 20oz domestics when I was in law school.

Speaking of UH Law - did you know that it wins the contest every year for biggest difference in rank between law school and undergrad school? In my year, a whopping 3 alums from the undergrad school made it into the law school (compared to the 30-40 each from A&M and sip)

Huh....pretty neat. UH has a tremendous law school.
txjortsagent
AG
For health care law, yes
86 Tex Ag
AG
And for intellectual property law
ThunderCougarFalconBird
AG
BillYeoman said:

blindey said:

Huh....pretty neat. UH has a tremendous law school.
point is that the few good parts of UH are out of reach for the UH general population.
DrZ
AG
Just out of curiosity who was this "coog" who founded 7-11

Their website lists a Joe C. Thompson, Jr. as founder. A sip.

Not doubting you just wondering.
BohunkAg
AG
UH is a great place to go if you aspire to run a Best Western.
petey88

http://www.click2houston.com/news/texas-city-residents-upset-after-finding-kkk-recruitment-flyers-in-yards

close enough
etexorange
Quote:

7/11 was founded by a Coog
B.S. As someone else pointed out, the Thompson family started 7/11 in Oak Cliff (a peaceful place 100 years ago) and they are all University of Texas graduates.

Maybe you are thinking of the Stop-N-Rob chain?
twk
AG
The only UH 7/11 connection I'm familiar with is the famous quote by an anonymous Cotton Bowl official when UH was the SWC representative for the Cotton Bowl against Doug Flutie's Boston College team:

Quote:

But the Cougars weren't nearly as offended by that as they were by a remark from an anonymous Cotton Bowl official. The remark originally was printed in the Atlanta Journal and also appeared in the Miami Herald before it surfaced in Dallas.

"Damn it, half of these (Houston) people will come up here and eat at the 7-Eleven store, and the other half will be trying to hold it up," the official reportedly said.
Source
txjortsagent
AG
etexorange said:

Quote:

7/11 was founded by a Coog
B.S. As someone else pointed out, the Thompson family started 7/11 in Oak Cliff (a peaceful place 100 years ago) and they are all University of Texas graduates.

Maybe you are thinking of the Stop-N-Rob chain?

Maybe he meant that a Coog founded July 11
HolmesUkraine

Yeoman has his convenience store chains mixed up.

Coog Leroy Melcher acquired the old U-Tot-Em chain in 1950 and built it up tremendously. Circle K bought them out in 1984.

Melcher was actually a UH dropout, but gave millions to the school, including building the business school.
BohunkAg
AG
Ken Lay went to UH.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.