If Texas wrecked Big 12, could it do likewise to SEC?

4,670 Views | 22 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by WestAustinAg
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/hate-john-crist-texas-wrecked-big-12-likewise-sec/
ChemEAg08
AG
I'd say the SEC already owns the whole state of Texas between the Ags watch our games and the sips watching hoping we lose...
Lungblood
Are you a bot?

Type these characters in the box below
---------------

pH @ G

---------------------
Bottlehead90
AG
If the SEC can be wrecked, the sips could do it.
Skull Session
The good news is they don't want to be in a conference that they can't monopolize and run roughshod over. And yes a cancer can certainly kill a conference. You don't want them.
MSU/SECALUM
ChemEAg08 said:

I'd say the SEC already owns the whole state of Texas between the Ags watch our games and the sips watching hoping we lose...
I have a hard time with these stories when the writer just doesn't understand the dynamics involved. I wish someone would do a fan poll and see how SEC fans would vote concerning possible new members. I remember when rumors were flying that UNC was headed to the Big Ten and the AD was overwhelmed with emails wanting the SEC. Maryland fans were blindsided by the move and fan support seems to have fallen off since they joined the BIG,
Joe Schillaci 48
AG
I think OP is a plant for saturdaydownsouth to get clicks for that rag.

wbt5845
AG
How you know it's click bait:

Quote:

The Ags have helped grow the SEC in the state of Texas tremendously. Johnny Manziel was one of the most exciting quarterbacks the league has ever seen. Myles Garrett was just the No. 1 pick in the NFL Draft. High school players across the state are increasingly more familiar with programs like Alabama and Florida.

Still, we're talking about Texas here. This wouldn't be like adding, say, Louisville when Kentucky is already a member institution. Even if their collective ego is twice the size of their rsum, the Longhorns are the bluest of blue bloods.

Instead of simply grabbing an extra slice of the state of Texas, as you suggest, why not just own it outright?
I have emailed the authors of this crap before and the few times they've replied, it was always "my editor told me to write it". Plain and smiple - off season click bait.

CowDog
AG
pepe the dog said:

I think OP is a plant for saturdaydownsouth to get clicks for that rag.

AggieTFA06
AG
MSU/SECALUM always posts links to different news stories regardless of where they come from. I always enjoyed reading posts from MSU/SECALUM.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
DeepEastTxAg
AG
It doesn't really matter because they would never want to move to the redneck conference that places no value on academic success. They would much rather be in the company of such esteemed academic institutions such as WV, Baylor, TCU, and Texas Tech.
aggiedad55
AG
DeepEastTxAg don't forget another Tier 3 university in the little 12 named Okie State. The horns don't want to leave them either.
BESCo91
AG
There is a better chance that I have a three-way tonight with Abigail Ratchford & Margot Robbie, than there is tu ever being a member of the SEC.
Rec
AG
The bluest of bluebloods... holy crap I just shot beer out of my nose!
goodAg80
AG
WHo is Margot Robbie?
BESCo91
AG
BESCo91 said:

There is a better chance that I have a three-way tonight with Abigail Ratchford & Margot Robbie, than there is tu ever being a member of the SEC.
And, as expected, no three-way last night with these two.
Sorry sippy .... enjoy the Big12 followed by blowing trannies in Frisco in the Pac.

Abigail:

Margot:

fistofsouth
Since the tsips would never be in the SEC it is a pointless question. Might as well ask if Satan would ruin Heaven if he were in charge.
rocky the dog
AG
There is no TU in "SEC".
2006EE
AG
Maybe it would happen if you posted more pics of each.
jja79
AG
Irrelevant. Every sip and sip website says the SEC is overrated and they wouldn't stoop that low.
BESCo91
AG
You little perv, EE!
DeepEastTxAg
AG
2006EE said:

Maybe it would happen if you posted more pics of each.

This possibility definitely needs to be investigated.
BESCo91
AG
Google images [followed by a private moment] is your friend.
WestAustinAg
AG
It appears that the writer of that article lost his train of thought half way through the story. The title suggests that Texas might cause a problem if it allowed into the SEC. The article never even surmises about what those issues might be. Then he thrusts from Texas vs Oklahoma being the better program to add without looking at the strengths of weaknesses of either. Then he jumps to worn out argument about paying players which really had nothing to do with the SEC and what, if any program, would be valuable to the SEC if it were added.

SDS sucks. It really does. And they have a hard on for only 1 program. They give some respect to Georgia, Auburn and Florida...while giving A&M almost no respect ever (two sentences in this article notwithstanding).
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.