Kd cannon already cut by the 49ers

5,806 Views | 29 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What the hell? Is he just a giant turd or what?
brotheraggie
SlackerAg
AG
S.F. is a cannon free zone.
WTF95
Made it 1 day.
45-70Ag
AG
Is that a record
AggieTFA06
AG
Cannon probably didn't know what was out of bounds since nothing was out of bounds at Baylor
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
txjortsagent
AG
You just don't go to a 2-14 team and expect to make it a full day
W
AG
another in a long, long, long line of "products of the system" from the Briles era.

ran up big stats vs. truly wretched defenses
Mathguy64
AG
The 49ers paid him a guaranteed $45k as an UFA. How bad do you have to be that they give you $45k to come to a rookie non contact camp and they eat the money and send you home?
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

The 49ers thought well enough of undrafted receiverK.D. Cannon a week ago to give him a $5,000 signing bonus and a $40,000 guaranteed salary. After the team's rookie minicamp, they thought poorly enough of Cannon to cut him.
Quote:

If someone signs Cannon as a free agent and he makes a regular-season roster, the 49ers can make back the $40,000, if the contract contains offset language on the guarantee.
Looks like the 49ers are out $40k.
petey88

well, he can go play right away with the new indoor league team in Belton that baylro's Lache Seastrunk signed with,...if their season isn't already over
BohunkAg
AG
Sounds like he was dogging it in the rookie camp and generally had a sh-tty attitude and the Niners said see ya. Lololololol
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Quote:

PFT has confirmed that Cannon has been waived after only a weekend of non-contact practices with other rookies and tryout players.
Non-contact? He should have felt right at home, having prepared for this by facing Big XII defenses all his career......
Stive
AG
Yeah the rumor around his home town is he was being a primadonna during the signing process and early during practice. He was dogging it during the routes and Lynch (who was watching) told them to cut him immediately after a particularly lazy drill/rep.

As stated above, that's GOT to be close to a record for fastest time getting cut after getting signed.

My guess is that the attitude was also know about during the predraft work ups leading to him not getting drafted. Niners took a flyer on him and the first time they witnessed the evidence supporting the rumors they cut bait and ate the money.

One article I read said they don't figure anyone will pick him up after this. Should have stayed in school young man.

Signature:
There's a whole lot of stupid that college can't fix. -My Grandfather
BohunkAg
AG
How can you come into the league as an undrafted guy and immediately start f-cking off and acting like you are hot sh-t? I just don't get it.
goodAg80
AG
Chronic
Mathguy64
AG
goodAg80 said:

Chronic

Either chronically stupid, being stupid smoking the chronic, or both. In this case its really hard to tell.
88jrt06
AG
BohunkAg said:

How can you come into the league as an undrafted guy and immediately start f-cking off and acting like you are hot sh-t? I just don't get it.

I don't either. Thought that was limited to tu jocks.
Dallasag02
AG
Goose
AG
$45k seems like a lot of cash to throw away on a player who flamed out so quickly, but it's a small price to pay to clearly set the tone for every other player in camp.
David_Puddy
AG
BohunkAg said:

a) Because Baylor and Baylor mentality and b) he thought he was hot sh-t because the B12 plays 0 defense and he was just used to running by people.
Stive
AG
He was that way before he got to Baylor.
SECond2noneAgs
AG

NC2001
AG
mathguy86 said:

The 49ers paid him a guaranteed $45k as an UFA. How bad do you have to be that they give you $45k to come to a rookie non contact camp and they eat the money and send you home?
He probably already spent it on a $100k vehicle...or hookers and blow.
BohunkAg
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

This is the kind of publicity Baylor fans have grown to love.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/5/8/15584990/raiders-give-ishmael-zamora-nfl-opportunity-despite-animal-abuse-incident

Quote:

Raiders give Ishmael Zamora NFL opportunity despite animal abuse incident
petey88
BohunkAg said:

SECond2noneAgs said:

This is the kind of publicity Baylor fans have grown to love.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2017/5/8/15584990/raiders-give-ishmael-zamora-nfl-opportunity-despite-animal-abuse-incident

Quote:

Raiders give Ishmael Zamora NFL opportunity despite animal abuse incident

some pretty good comments at the end of that silverandblackpride.com link, most don't like dog beaters at all

...I hope he gets his ****ing head taken off..........fumbles the ball it's returned for a TD an Raiders LOSE the game.
This ********** got NO rights anymore in life in my book.I'd jus as soon put two in the chest an one in the head..an be done with it.
Posted by ___________ on May 8, 2017 | 5:03 PM

Edit: deleted the author's name of this quote

ABATTBQ11
AG
BohunkAg said:

Baylor Bold
45-70Ag
AG
Local espn guys out of Waco couldn't believe he was cut. They were in shock and just know he's going to be an NFL stud.
Stive
AG
Waco has ESPN guys?!?!? No wonder ESPN is losing money.
45-70Ag
AG
Stive said:

Waco has ESPN guys?!?!? No wonder ESPN is losing money.

The station isn't all bad, David Smoak does a good job on 1660 ESPN
petey88
Irish_Man said:

Local espn guys out of Waco couldn't believe he was cut. They were in shock and just know he's going to be an NFL stud.

well, after all, they are dumbasses. Smoak is a baylro blowhard, but fits for waco
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.