Charlie Strong

5,847 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by 88jrt06
Token
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Since Texas fans were taking credit for all of the louisville players that were drafted, do y'all take credit for the arrests at South Florida?

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19302845/judge-margaret-taylor-calls-south-florida-bulls-coach-charlie-strong-player-arrests

Quote:

"Coach Strong, if you are listening, in the last couple of months there have been two arrests of your players for very violent felonies. This court, and I'm sure I'm not alone, questions whether you have control over your players. It's fairly clear you do not have control of them off the field, and I guess only time will tell whether you have control over them on the field.

"I would implore you to think long and hard about whether being head coach at USF is a good fit for you before any other members of this community have to suffer at the hands of one of your players."
Flashdiaz
AG
5 core values were developed at texas so they are proprietary.

South Florida players are therefore free to not pay attention to the most obvious and common sense rules.
5 4
S
Look for an announcement, in the coming days for the USF being removed from every helmet and Uniform
AgOutsideAustin
AG
That judge is racist just like ol Red. How dare she tell Chollie to think hard about whether he is a good fit to be the coach at USF.
AgCat93
AG
Sumlin has lost control of Strong who has lost control of USF...
Olsen
AG
What happened to "core values" Charlie...
Bob Knights Paper Hands
Was Charlie actually there in the court room? Or was he busy meeting with commissioners of professional sports leagues to teach them how to instill discipline and values into their players?
BESCo91
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

Was Charlie actually there in the court room? Or was he busy meeting with commissioners of professional sports leagues to teach them how to instill discipline and values into their players?
No, Charlie was banging the wife of South Florida's biggest booster.
752bro4
AG
0% chance Charlie knows what implore means.
Jock 07
AG
the only thing that chollie had control over while in sipperville was APD
oragator
I know you guys are predisposed to not like the guy, but this is dumb.
He is been on the job a couple of months, these aren't kids he recruited and the first one he kicked off the team before the guy even went to court. And it's not like he is bringing in Switzerl or Meyer style disciplinary baggage from Texas or Louisville, those programs were relatively quiet. It takes years sometimes to clean out a program of the bad apples. He has an excellent reputation nationally for how he handles his players.
Seems like she knows just enough about football to be dangerous...and yes, I know you want to insert Charlie joke here.

ClassOf17
He doesn't coach at Texas anymore so the sips couldn't care less.
. . .
Quote:

"In the short time I have been here, our program has been built on character, discipline and family. We have wonderful young men in the USF football program who choose to do the right thing every day. We are dedicated to recruiting young men of high character, and to consistently developing them with structure and frequent education regarding appropriate conduct and behavior, on and off the playing field.

While I am shocked and saddened at the recent arrest of a member of our team, I am disappointed that the actions of two players over the last two months have harmed the reputation of our program, of our wonderful university and of my character. We have high expectations of our coaches, staff and student-athletes and we hold accountable those who act contrary to our values."
petey88

6-7, 5-7 and 5-7

Chollie joke inserted
coldmoose
Since he isn't at tu now I am pulling for Coach Strong. I hope he does really well. I wish tu loses every game.
Mathguy64
AG
752bro4 said:

I've got $10 on that dumb SOB not being able to spell the word implore.
MosesRAB-93
AG
Bet he misses the BOMC skirt to hide under.
Mathguy64
AG
I bet he misses having the local police, DA and judges covering his ass. And his players asses.
TXAGBQ76
AG
He's the CEO; as soon as you step in the door on the first day of the job you own it- lock, stock and barrel. He should have investigated who the good guys are, who the trouble makers are and who thecat tidk huys are. Those guys did not wake up that day and say "I think imma gonna break a bunch of laws today"
Kool
AG
mathguy86 said:

752bro4 said:

I've got $10 on that dumb SOB not being able to spell the word implore.

$20 says he would spell it "ax"
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
Jack Squat 83
AG
J_R said:

Quote:

"In the short time I have been here, our program has been built on character, discipline and family. We have wonderful young men in the USF football program who choose to do the right thing every day. We are dedicated to recruiting young men of high character, and to consistently developing them with structure and frequent education regarding appropriate conduct and behavior, on and off the playing field.

While I am shocked and saddened at the recent arrest of a member of our team, I am disappointed that the actions of two players over the last two months have harmed the reputation of our program, of our wonderful university and of my character. We have high expectations of our coaches, staff and student-athletes and we hold accountable those who act contrary to our values."

I'll go out on a limb and say he didn't have anything to do with putting those words together.
LonghornDub
Jack Squat 83 said:

J_R said:

Quote:

I'll go out on a limb and say he didn't have anything to do with putting those words together.
Your limb's a lot shorter than the one I crawled out on last night.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

petey88
LonghornDub said:

Jack Squat 83 said:

J_R said:

Quote:

Your limb's a lot shorter than the one I crawled out on last night.

Two bottles of whiskey instead of the usual daily one ?
notex
AG
Do they not have ping pong tables, and players lounges etc. in South Florida? I thought he developed the 5 core values at Louisville.

Good thing there was at least one sip with a concealed carry on campus last week, despite years of core values being preached.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
The judge has recused herself from the case.
goodAg80
AG
Woobie said:

Another Charlie Strong trophy?
goodAg80
AG
goodAg80 said:

Woobie said:

Another Charlie Strong trophy?
txjortsagent
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

He was there in the courtroom. He was preparing to speak, but no one saw him behind the podium
EscondidoAg82
AG
Did the reason the Chobbit did not have a HC job for so long ever file her divorce papers? It seems like it is the time in his story where all the lucre disappears.
Biz Ag
AG
Does he know his zip code in south Florida?
88jrt06
AG
Token said:

Quote:

" This court, and I'm sure I'm not alone, questions whether you have control over your players.

"I would implore you to think long and hard about whether being head coach at USF is a good fit for you.....

....or alternatively, whether it'd be best that you simply Movado on...."
HortAg09
AG
oragator said:

I know you guys are predisposed to not like the guy, but this is dumb.
He is been on the job a couple of months, these aren't kids he recruited and the first one he kicked off the team before the guy even went to court. And it's not like he is bringing in Switzerl or Meyer style disciplinary baggage from Texas or Louisville, those programs were relatively quiet. It takes years sometimes to clean out a program of the bad apples. He has an excellent reputation nationally for how he handles his players.
Seems like she knows just enough about football to be dangerous...and yes, I know you want to insert Charlie joke here.

tbirdspur2010
AG
Shush, oragator.
usmcbrooks
http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19353458/charlie-strong-south-florida-bulls-meets-judge-blasted-him

Quote:

Strong and Judge Margaret Taylor met for 10 minutes on Tuesday, and the coach "was able to educate Judge Taylor on some of the issues," Chief Judge Ron Ficarrotta told the Tampa Bay Times.

Quote:

"I think Coach Strong was able to educate Judge Taylor on some of the issues," said Ficarrotta, the chief judge of Hillsborough County's 13th Judicial Circuit in Tampa, Florida.

88jrt06
AG
Charlie Strong has the gift of making people feel sorry for him.
It's remarkable, really.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.