Cinco de Drinko (Bayor)

8,884 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BillYeoman
MelvinUdall
How long do you want to ignore this user?
goodAg80 said:

I was too poor to own a crossfire. I guess I was a poor imitation of Ribby.

I heard you tried to create a faux media room, which was more of a Ribby comparison.
Your Friend
How high do you hang pictures on the wall?
Flashdiaz
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Cinco De Mayo is a basically manufactured holiday catered around selling corona and XX. Why do people care if frats wear clothes that were traditionally worn here in Texas 300-400 years ago for it?

Oh I know. It's because they are stereotyping every person in a fraternity as being white. And since anything white people do is racist, that means that automatically everything that fraternities do are racist.
construction worker and maid outfits were worn in Texas 300-400 years ago?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they wore pancho's and sombreros with a mustache and the ladies wore those seniorita dresses.... however, they're dressing up in a condescending way. Why not dress like accountants, doctors or engineers because I know plenty of those that are also mexican.

I have a high tolerance for race things and people's general stupidity, but this is beyond stupid and unnecessary in 2017.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Champ Bailey said:

Cinco De Mayo is a basically manufactured holiday catered around selling corona and XX. Why do people care if frats wear clothes that were traditionally worn here in Texas 300-400 years ago for it?

Oh I know. It's because they are stereotyping every person in a fraternity as being white. And since anything white people do is racist, that means that automatically everything that fraternities do are racist.
construction worker and maid outfits were worn in Texas 300-400 years ago?

I wouldn't have a problem with it if they wore pancho's and sombreros with a mustache and the ladies wore those seniorita dresses.... however, they're dressing up in a condescending way. Why not dress like accountants, doctors or engineers because I know plenty of those that are also mexican.

I have a high tolerance for race things and people's general stupidity, but this is beyond stupid and unnecessary in 2017.

Would you be offended by a guy dressing up as a police officer for St. Paddy's? And what is wrong with being a maid or a construction worker? Is it offensive if someone Mexican dresses up as a farmer or a veterinarian on the 4th of July?
AggieTFA06
AG
At least it is not something sexually inappropriate, so it could be considered progress for Baylor.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
redd38
AG
Any of you that drink a margarita or Mexican beer on cinco de mayo are racists!
ABATTBQ11
AG
If they were sorority girls dressed as slooty French maids, there's nothing racist about that.

AggieTFA06
AG
Is it racist to celebrate a holiday where you beat the French military?
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
HTownAg98
45-70Ag
AG
Are Greeks offended by toga parties
goodAg80
AG
Irish_Man said:

Are Greeks offended by toga parties
No, but the Romans would sue you over it.
JR69
AG
BESCo91 said:

What is "cultural appropriation," you ask? "Cultural appropriation is when somebody adopts aspects of a culture that is not their own," the Dean of Students informed members.

What an incredible load of horse sh-t!
No more enchiladas or tacos for any of you white sum*****es! .... some may find it offensive!
No more whites allowed to enjoy Fiesta in San Antonio or anywhere else. We'll see how much all those fajita and taco vendors like that!
BESCo91
Johnny Z
AG
It's one thing to participate different cultures' beliefs/celebrations/foods/etc, but we all know exactly what these kids were getting at with their little costumes.
redd38
AG
Johnny Z said:

It's one thing to participate different cultures' beliefs/celebrations/foods/etc, but we all know exactly what these kids were getting at with their little costumes.
The costumes in the pictures that everyone is upset about? Or some other alleged costumes that somehow no one took a picture of?
Tripacer
This country once had a sense of humor. People weren't offended by such things until the pc police started telling them that they should be. That twitter feed reads like a bunch of overreacting perpetually offended nonsense. People can't laugh at themselves anymore.
BillYeoman
Johnny Z said:

This. Their sheltered parents must be proud.

BillYeoman
Tripacer said:

This country once had a sense of humor. People weren't offended by such things until the pc police started telling them that they should be. That twitter feed reads like a bunch of overreacting perpetually offended nonsense. People can't laugh at themselves anymore.

The fact is it isn't even funny. The funny part is these sheltered Baylor frat kids actually think it is funny. That is the humor of it all.
petey88

well, most know they aren't very intelligent to be at baylro to begin with, yet those sheltered kids were perhaps mostly raised by their delusional baylro parents that sent them to that dump
BillYeoman
petey88 said:

well, most know they aren't very intelligent to be at baylro to begin with, yet those sheltered kids were perhaps mostly raised by their delusional baylro parents that sent them to that dump

Well said
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.