Cinco de Drinko (Bayor)

8,875 Views | 53 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by BillYeoman
VanZandt92
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Dressed as construction crews and maids

Enjoy

[url=https://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylor/2017/05/01/baylor-frat-suspended-cinco-de-drinko-partiers-reportedly-dressed-maids-construction-crews][/url]Baylor frat suspended after 'Cinco de Drinko' where partiers reportedly dressed as maids, construction crews
[url=https://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylor/2017/05/01/baylor-frat-suspended-cinco-de-drinko-partiers-reportedly-dressed-maids-construction-crews][/url]The Baylor chapter of the Kappa Sigma fraternity was temporarily suspended Monday.
FILED UNDERBAYLOR AT 10 HRS AGO

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/baylor/2017/05/01/baylor-frat-suspended-cinco-de-drinko-partiers-reportedly-dressed-maids-construction-crews
Love Gun
wbt5845
AG
Flashdiaz
AG
in 2017, after countless similar stories in the news, how can they all be so stupid to think this is a good idea?

oh, it's at Baylor.... that explains it. Trump should build a wall around Waco.
CDUB98
AG
Days without embarrassing reset to 0.
aTm2004
AG
CDUB98 said:

Days without embarrassing reset to 0.
wbt5845
AG
Giggy Smalls
That party should have been more respectful to the Mexicans. Just like most of the Spurs threads on this forum.
redd38
AG
Flashdiaz said:

in 2017, after countless similar stories in the news, how can they all be so stupid to think this is a good idea?

Frats at every school do this every year. There will be Aggies dressed as "offensive Mexican stereotypes" this Friday.
Flashdiaz
AG
redd38 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Frats at every school do this every year. There will be Aggies dressed as "offensive Mexican stereotypes" this Friday.
no they won't.
fistofsouth
redd38 said:

Flashdiaz said:

Even if they did are they doing in the context of over 2 years of improprieties?

Is there a more tone deaf campus from students to the top in America?
redd38
AG
Flashdiaz said:

redd38 said:

Flashdiaz said:

no they won't.
Lol, ok, keep thinking that.
The Collective
AG
Let's send that Emilio Bernal dude up to their campus to fight this injustice.
BillYeoman
These types of off campus parties happen all the time on campuses across the nation. Signed, Baylor fans
BillYeoman
Also, if people of Mexican heritage didn't where suggestive sombreros and serapes all the time this party would have never happened in the first place./. Baylor fans
petey88
BillYeoman said:

Also, if people of Mexican heritage didn't where suggestive sombreros and serapes all the time this party would have never happened in the first place./. Baylor fans

Have the baylro morons ever seen people of Mexican heritage wearing sombreros and serapes all the time ?

Decay
AG
"My culture is not a costume" sign held by student wearing Mexican flag as a cape. Students these days have real problems still, right? Or did we fix everything else and now this is what's left to whine about?
goodAg80
AG
If I were Mexican I would be offended by being associated with anything from Baylor.
Bobby Petrino`s Neckbrace
You can't spell "serape" without rape.
whoop91
AG
Decay said:

"My culture is not a costume" sign held by student wearing Mexican flag as a cape. Students these days have real problems still, right? Or did we fix everything else and now this is what's left to whine about?
I guess I may have caught some insensitive bug somewhere, but I don't see the big deal dressing up in a cultural costume. I do understand the maid and construction worker as not smart (but only if you try and change your heritage at the same time.)

I have strong German roots in my DNA. Why would I even be slightly offended if someone wore lederhosen to Oktoberfest or even Halloween, etc?
Biz Ag
AG
Quote:

Have the baylro morons ever seen people of Mexican heritage wearing sombreros and serapes all the time ?
Canyon99
So damn glad I went to college prior to the introduction of smart phones.
jokershady
AG
And somewhere on the ut campus some snowflake is reading this article going, "see! I told you!"

https://www.google.com/amp/www.kvue.com/amp//news/local/ut-issues-checklist-for-halloween-themes-costumes-to-greek-members/343882710
Tom Hagen
AG
tu was not happy that Baylor was encroaching on their turf, so they kicked it up a notch.

http://www.statesman.com/news/local/flyers-depicting-racist-caricature-african-americans-found/J0sDeYiBgauXj7oS3pWyUP/

Talon2DSO
AG
I'll be honest, as a Mexican, I'm not offended. Baylor kids wish they could share my people's dignity.
BESCo91
AG
What is "cultural appropriation," you ask? "Cultural appropriation is when somebody adopts aspects of a culture that is not their own," the Dean of Students informed members.

What an incredible load of horse sh-t!
No more enchiladas or tacos for any of you white sum*****es! .... some may find it offensive!
usmcbrooks
BESCo91 said:

What is "cultural appropriation," you ask? "Cultural appropriation is when somebody adopts aspects of a culture that is not their own," the Dean of Students informed members.

No more enchiladas or tacos for any of you white sum*****es! .... some may find it offensive!
aTm2004
AG
BESCo91 said:

Hey! The only offensive things about delicious tacos and enchiladas is the after effects my wife has to deal with.
redd38
AG
BESCo91 said:

Yep, this whole "cultural appropriation" craze is typical SJW bulls***. Liberals just shout words until those words don't have meaning anymore, then they use those meaningless words as an excuse to be offended by everything.

BillYeoman
I am not sure this is "cultural appropriation" or whatever that is.

It is flatly condescending and stupid by kids who presumably are of wealth and don't understand context of their stupidity.

But it is Baylor...
TXAGBQ76
AG
Hard to have faux outrage about this when you go look at our little frat boys have done in the past...
goodAg80
AG
I pretended to be a college student once.
MelvinUdall
goodAg80 said:

I pretended to be a college student once.

I heard you were essentially the Ribby of the university while you were there, care to retort?
goodAg80
AG
I was too poor to own a crossfire. I guess I was a poor imitation of Ribby.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Cinco De Mayo is a basically manufactured holiday catered around selling corona and XX. Why do people care if frats wear clothes that were traditionally worn here in Texas 300-400 years ago for it?

Oh I know. It's because they are stereotyping every person in a fraternity as being white. And since anything white people do is racist, that means that automatically everything that fraternities do are racist.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.