Daddy gets picked first.

5,595 Views | 48 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by petey88
Ronnie Mund
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Wildmen03
AG
*like*
goodAg80
goodAg80
AG

Potcake
AG
Pretty good company in consecutive 1st round draft picks, six to Bama's eight. Best all time was the U at 14, dayum.
OR related, some missing teams from these lists, especially considering the high quality developers at those programs.
http://collegesports.blog.statesman.com/2017/04/27/its-official-texas-ams-myles-garrett-is-top-pick-of-nfl-draft/
aggiehawg
AG
Ronnie Mund said:

I love that guy. Would adopt him in a heartbeat, if unfortunate circumstances had occurred before he reached the age of majority. Great representative for A&M like Von, and others.
The Collective
AG
goodAg80 said:

All men should wish to hear this from their son's mouth.
Ragoo
AG
Hey Andy, fist-bump, bro.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Posted on the zoo, but combine the two trades, and the Texans traded the Browns two first round picks, a second round pick, a sixth round pick and Brock Osweiler for DeShaun Watson and a fourth round pick.

Ragoo
AG
Wasn't JJ Watt is this episode? I could be thinking of another but they were in the lobby of a hotel. I think this was the spa episode where taco used Kevin's CPAP as a bong.
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
No it's was Antonio Gates I'm pretty sure.

"He dropped a 40 burger on me!"
Silent For Too Long
Over at our non rival's websites people are already calling him a bust.

Shocking. I'm sure it has nothing to do with their seething indifference for the college he represents.
Andy Farmer
Ragoo said:

Hey Andy, fist-bump, bro.

You rang?
MelvinUdall
7 years in a row with a first round pick, very impressive, y'all should be proud. It's a shame there is no SEC title or NC to back up all that talent. At least y'all have this year to get those titles, Sumlin has the train on the tracks...
goodAg80
AG
nhayden said:

7 years in a row with a first round pick, very impressive, y'all should be proud. It's a shame there is no SEC title or NC to back up all that talent. At least y'all have this year to get those titles, Sumlin has the train on the tracks...
Hi Missy

Ronnie Mund
nhayden said:

So butthurt.

lol.
MelvinUdall
"I hear the train a coming, it's rolling around the bend, and I ain't seen sunshine since I don't know when...
AgOutsideAustin
AG
ngayden.
MelvinUdall
AgOutsideAustin said:

ngayden.

Hi...
aggiehawg
AG
Potcake said:

Pretty good company in consecutive 1st round draft picks, six to Bama's eight. Best all time was the U at 14, dayum.
OR related, some missing teams from these lists, especially considering the high quality developers at those programs.
http://collegesports.blog.statesman.com/2017/04/27/its-official-texas-ams-myles-garrett-is-top-pick-of-nfl-draft/
Cool! Thanks for posting that. Kind of surprised that Mack Brown in his sixteen years didn't have a streak of consecutive years near the top. Guess 16 years of being a "young team" works against that. And he had the cream of the crop of Texas talent for many of those years.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Since our move to the SEC, we have been doing quite well, while the sips have fallen apart and are not even a blip on the national radar. Tee-hee.
Your Friend
aggiehawg said:

Potcake said:

Cool! Thanks for posting that. Kind of surprised that Mack Brown in his sixteen years didn't have a streak of consecutive years near the top. Guess 16 years of being a "young team" works against that. And he had the cream of the crop of Texas talent for many of those years.

Sometimes I have to pinch myself to make sure I'm not dreaming. Since our move to the SEC, we have been doing quite well, while the sips have fallen apart and are not even a blip on the national radar. Tee-hee.

Are you referring to NFL drafts or on-field results?
Tom Hagen
AG
nhayden said:

The only problem is that the rest of the first round of the draft is alternating between players from Alabama and LSU, with a few other SEC players sprinkled in. Has anyone besides Mahomes been drafted from the Dumpster Fire?
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Just in general. Made a splash our first year in the SEC with Johnny and the Heisman, the much publicized stadium renovations and a big increase in donations and revenue, the TV ratings (hell, just being on TV every week which didn't happen when we were in the Big XII), the SECN printing money, getting players into the NFL and now a number one pick. That's a string of positive things, great pub for the university.

By contrast, since we left the Big XII, what has tu done in the great things and good publicity department? Hire Herman?? Stadium renovation on hold. Replacement for the Erwin Center is behind schedule, sure they got a campus based medical school approved by the Travis County voters, but what else? The Dodds ouster was nasty. The Mack Brown ouster was nasty. The Powers ouster was nasty and drawn out. The debacle that was Steve Patterson's tenure as AD. The much ballyhooed LHN turned into a running joke. They had an inarticulate moron as Head Football Coach who led the team to historical "worsts" for the program. Few players drafted into the NFL and play in a regional also-ran conference. Their national visibility has decreased, or worse, increased for bad reasons---like paying 215 million for a toxic dump site for their new facility in Houston.

How appropriate. Sips and toxic dumps are made for each other, don't you think?
petey88

Missy is up early today, waiting for grits
MelvinUdall
petey88 said:

Missy is up early today, waiting for grits
I see you petey...I see you....
Your Friend
aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Just in general. Made a splash our first year in the SEC with Johnny and the Heisman, the much publicized stadium renovations and a big increase in donations and revenue, the TV ratings (hell, just being on TV every week which didn't happen when we were in the Big XII), the SECN printing money, getting players into the NFL and now a number one pick. That's a string of positive things, great pub for the university.

By contrast, since we left the Big XII, what has tu done in the great things and good publicity department? Hire Herman?? Stadium renovation on hold. Replacement for the Erwin Center is behind schedule, sure they got a campus based medical school approved by the Travis County voters, but what else? The Dodds ouster was nasty. The Mack Brown ouster was nasty. The Powers ouster was nasty and drawn out. The debacle that was Steve Patterson's tenure as AD. The much ballyhooed LHN turned into a running joke. They had an inarticulate moron as Head Football Coach who led the team to historical "worsts" for the program. Few players drafted into the NFL and play in a regional also-ran conference. Their national visibility has decreased, or worse, increased for bad reasons---like paying 215 million for a toxic dump site for their new facility in Houston.

Well I'm glad things are so rosy in CS. If Sumlin gets canned after this season like a lot of people think, just pinch yourself. It may just be a dream.
EastSideAg2002
Your Friend said:

aggiehawg said:

Quote:

Well I'm glad things are so rosy in CS. If Sumlin gets canned after this season like a lot of people think, just pinch yourself. It may just be a dream.
Ok, which retread #$#$ is this?
MelvinUdall
So angry, it's Friday big dog, cheer up.
petey88

gosh Missy, got nothing better to do ?

go down to Goodwill to see if they have a used wheel chair for sale,...it has to be better than a stroller
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

Fine with me. I'm on board the Chad Morris bus.
10Aggie10
AG
USA Today does not consider little brother sip to be a "major" program:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/04/28/sec-record-12-first-round-picks-nfl-draft/101013488/

Quote:

Some of the major programs shut out of the first round include Florida State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, Penn State and Auburn.

DifferenceMaker Ag
10Aggie10 said:

USA Today does not consider little brother sip to be a "major" program:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ncaaf/2017/04/28/sec-record-12-first-round-picks-nfl-draft/101013488/

Quote:

Some of the major programs shut out of the first round include Florida State, Oklahoma, Notre Dame, Georgia, Penn State and Auburn.

Quote:

The big loser on the night?

The Big 12 had just one first-round choice which equaled the haul by the Mid-American and American Athletic. The unlikely source for the Big 12 was Texas Tech with Patrick Mahomes going No. 10 to the Kansas City Chiefs.

MelvinUdall
petey88 said:

gosh Missy, got nothing better to do ?

go down to Goodwill to see if they have a used wheel chair for sale,...it has to be better than a stroller

Old Rivalries is clearly dead if this is considered smack, even if it is the offseason.
petey88

truth hurt much Missy ?
MelvinUdall
petey88 said:

truth hurt much Missy ?

OR is officially dead....RIP...
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.