Former UT regent's company raided by FBI

3,290 Views | 10 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by TPS_Report
RebelE91
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Multiple locations, multiple agencies. Reading between the lines they are suspected of paying off public officials to get public contracts. Nice

http://www.lmtonline.com/local/article/FBI-DPS-descend-on-city-hall-county-courthouse-11100280.php

http://ktrh.iheart.com/articles/houston-news-121300/raid-of-houston-firm-linked-to-15777716/
titanmaster_race
ut is a corrupt university

water is wet
goodAg80
AG
BESCo91
AG
Good to see the sips and baylor setting the standard for honor & integrity in our state.
McInnis80
So when will the FBI look at the UT Houston campus land deal? All joking aside, I don't see anything criminal (for now), just a really poor decision.
etexorange
Why would they look at the land deal, other than John Whitmire rattling his sword some more?

UT bought the land for less than the appraised value. It is not a superfund site.

Fake news works on aggies, who would've thunk it.
Doc Hayworth
This will end up, most likely, as it did in 2007. What you have are competing companies making false claims when they don't receive certain contracts. It will be very difficult to prove anything more than political contributions when everything is said and done. I worked for this company for 12 years in Houston and have no doubt that Jim Dannenbaum did nothing wrong or illegal. It's a witch hunt brought on by butt hurt competing Engineering Firms. Even the FBI said they expect business to go on as normal by this coming Monday.
HoldMyBeer
AG
From JIM DANNENBAUM bio "In 2007, Texas Governor Rick Perry appointed him to a 6-year term on the University of Texas (UT) System Board of Regents."
goodAg80
AG
trobertson7 said:

From JIM DANNENBAUM bio "In 2007, Texas Governor Rick Perry appointed him to a 6-year term on the University of Texas (UT) System Board of Regents."

Perry probably feels bad that he ruined the guys life now.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
I didn't know Benny Hinn was a regent for texas
marble rye
AG
SECond2noneAgs said:

Yep. Here he is responding to all of Walter Hall's records requests.

TPS_Report
AG
Pam Poovey said:

SECond2noneAgs said:

Yep. Here he is responding to all of Walter Hall's records requests.

That jacket must have weapons grade b.o.!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.