Big 12 revenue eclipses $300 million mark

5,793 Views | 40 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Ulrich
petey88
How long do you want to ignore this user?

yeah, humping in over a dump hill of Kansas, Iowa State, baylro, tceh, we can easily agree it's a short hop to the top of the dumpster.

Perfect fit for the sips, all dressed up in garbage and no where to go
Paradise Ag
AG
Chosen One said:

You guys do realize it's a shorter hike to the top of the Big 12 than the top of the SEC. I think by year two, you will see Texas back on top of the Big 12 and back in the playoffs.

Looking at the top football recruits for 2018, I think 8 of the 10 are all leaning towards signing with Texas right now. If Herman gets 9 wins I'm confident they get them all.

Of course I also think Sumlin will be looking for work by December.

Think you're underestimating the strength of the Big 12.

Your powerful Conference already had five players drafted in only three rounds of the NFL Draft.

Hell, that's almost two picks per round. Think about the magnitude of that - (almost) every single round of the NFL Draft the Big 12 Conference has the opportunity to get more than a single player drafted. Impressive showing indeed.

In a conference stocked with that kind of talent, you can't merely don your orange uterus decorated helmets and expect to waltz into something as ambitious as a post-season bowl bid much less the Playoffs. You've got ten football juggernauts relentlessly vying for one Playoff spot every three years - no easy path there with the likes of Kansas and Iowa State in the way.

Oh and please come back to the board and brag when you sips sign eight of the top ten players in the state this year. In the spirit of Old Rivalries, if it turns out you only sign two or three, come back anyway and we'll all pretend that's what you actually meant to post.
brainman5000
AG
I only saw one Texas player on the list. Mr. "I dedicated my 300-yard game against the worst defense in D1 to my son even though I didn't know he'd passed until after the game, and I didn't say anything until 5 months later as a publicity stunt right before the draft" Foreman.

I don't care how good you are at football or what kind of advice you get from your agent. That's sick.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Chosen One said:

You guys do realize it's a shorter hike to the top of the Big 12 than the top of the SEC. I think by year two, you will see Texas back on top of the Big 12 and back in the playoffs.

Looking at the top football recruits for 2018, I think 8 of the 10 are all leaning towards signing with Texas right now. If Herman gets 9 wins I'm confident they get them all.

Of course I also think Sumlin will be looking for work by December.

uh huh.....wait is it 2014 all over again?

CS is going to win a NC, tu will be back at the top of the B12 in 2 years. He just needs to get his guys in there and clean house of the soft Mack guys....if CS gets 9 wins in year 1 they will get all the recruits....blah blah blah yadda yadda yadda.....

88jrt06
AG
etexorange said:

Quote:

How much tier 4 money is tu getting? Oh wait, never mind.

These are multimedia rights, like in-stadium advertising, radio, Internet, etc.

So the answer to that question is "a **** pot full."

You are totally in control, and we are in awe.
Except: {Pages 1-4975 of 4,975}.
InMyOpinion
MSU/SECALUM said:

HTownAg98 said:

You left out IMG's cut of the money, and that half of it goes to academics. The athletic department does not and will not ever see $15MM from the lhn.
I don't think you're being fair, that money is going to the Vince Young School of Financial Management & the Wonderlic Testing Center.

And don't forget it also has to cover the free lunch program courtesy of the Cheesecake Factory for all students in this program.
Ulrich
goodAg80 said:

Quote:

We have the worst types of chumps. Low-profile schools with no fan/media base but great teams that can beat you is not what you want for chumps. What you want for chumps are big institutions with lots of media, lots of fans, but weak teams that you can beat.

Comment from Orange Bloods talking about who to have in your conference.

...so Oklahoma, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Kansas State, Iowa State, TCU, West Virginia, Kansas, and Texas Tech have that going for them.
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.