ESPN dropping pink bombs on 100+ today

5,928 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by dixichkn
AgDotCom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Thanks and GTFO.

Clay Travis: Told ya so.

Below is the list current as of this posting, surely to expand throughout the day. Only one I'm gonna miss (so far) is Ed Werder. Danny Kannell......well, bye.

That said, both for them and their families I hope they all land on their feet and things work out in the future.

Ronnie Mund
Danny Kanell is gone?

Haha.
BESCo91
AG
Clay Travis nails it ......

http://www.outkickthecoverage.com/espn-firing-over-a-hundred-employees-today-042617
BohunkAg
AG
Keeping all the stupid "hot takers" and dumping all the real reporters.

Just guarantees I will watch even less of that cesspool.
Furlock Bones
AG
BohunkAg said:

amazing isn't it.
BESCo91
AG
Exactly ..... dropping Werder & McMurphy ..... keeping Stephen A Smith ..... brilliant.
HTownAg98
Some of them, especially many of the sjw types, signed new contracts recently. Most of the big names being let go were nearing the end of their contracts. So it's not so much as doubling down on stupid as it is contracts that are too expensive to buy out at this point.

Another interesting issue: how is anyone still employed at lhn?
BohunkAg
AG
Let's keep Jemele Hill, Max Kellerman, Sarah Spain, and Stephen Smith. Yay.
JD05AG
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Some of them, especially many of the sjw types, signed new contracts recently. Most of the big names being let go were nearing the end of their contracts. So it's not so much as doubling down on stupid as it is contracts that are too expensive to buy out at this point.

Another interesting issue: how is anyone still employed at lhn?
They have to have someone to rewind the tapes from 2006 & 2011 & swap them out.
digging tunnels
AG
Good job LHN!!! You caused people to lose their jobs!
astros4545
AG
Sam Khan survives
AgDotCom
Trent Dilfer.

MSU/SECALUM
Ronnie Mund said:

Danny Kanell is gone?

Haha.
That surprises me because I figured he would end up being the Finebaum of the ACCN.
buda91
AG
Too late, I just came here to say sarcastically "huh, if only someone like clay Travis had predicted this."
Garrelli 5000
AG
An article I read yesterday shared a lot of the tweets from the fired employees. I read most of them, which were along the lines of "Sorry to see this end, thank you ESPN for the wonderful time and opportunity", etc.

Danny Kanell's said ~I can't believe I'm gone after 8 years, 5 years after I went "all-in" and move my family to CT~

In typical Kanell fashion, he distinguished himself from the pac by being an asshat.
80s Guy
BohunkAg said:

Let's keep Jemele Hill, Max Kellerman, Sarah Spain, and Stephen Smith. Yay.

Is this a sign of the impending Idiocracy?
Ragoo
AG
Adam Ag 98 said:

An article I read yesterday shared a lot of the tweets from the fired employees. I read most of them, which were along the lines of "Sorry to see this end, thank you ESPN for the wonderful time and opportunity", etc.

Danny Kanell's said ~I can't believe I'm gone after 8 years, 5 years after I went "all-in" and move my family to CT~

In typical Kanell fashion, he distinguished himself from the pac by being an asshat.
while not necessarily a good look he had to feel like he was solidifying himself there. He had been getting more and more exposure/air time the last couple of years. To be honest I am shocked he was let go. Who are they going to pair up with Ryen now?
Bobcat06
AG
BohunkAg said:

My understanding is that the people getting fired today are the ones who's contracts are expiring, and there will be more in the future as more contracts come up for renewal.

Still doesn't look good that they're axing the reporters who break actual news.
HTownAg98
Ryen is probably gone soon too, as his role was reduced yesterday as well. Personally, I would love to see him and Clay Travis work together on something.
BESCo91
AG
College football related layoffs ..... thus far & reported .....

College Football Analyst Charles Arbuckle
ESPNU Producer Josh Parcell
Auto Racing and College Football Commentator Jerry Punch
SEC Reporter Greg Ostendorf
College Sports Reporter Chantel Jennings
Pac 12 Reporter Ted Miller
Big Ten Reporter Brian Bennett
SEC Football Reporter David Ching
Big 12 Reporter Max Olson
Radio Host Danny Kanell
SEC Recruiting Analyst Derek Tyson
ESPN Dallas Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor
College Football Recruiting Reporter Jeremy Crabtree
College Football Reporter Brett McMurphy
Big Ten Football Reporter Austin Ward
Wisconsin and Big Ten Football Reporter Jesse Temple
ESPNU Anchor Brendan Fitzgerald
752bro4
AG
Quote:

ESPN Dallas Columnist Jean-Jacques Taylor
Sounds like he'll get his ass home in time to get that p shoved in face for wings.
AgDotCom
Damn, Jerry Punch has been there since almost the inception of ESPN. Guess we shouldn't be surprised though since Berman was an ESPN original who was allowed to "exit" on his "own" terms several months ago.
The Collective
AG
HTownAg98
Hallelujah.
goodAg80
AG
At least 5 Pitt alumni will be happy.
Jock 07
AG
Apparently they're doubling down on stupid and not changing their approach that got them to where they are
Rec
AG
So they've been paying Ching to report on the SEC, but if I had ever heard of that dude I would have remembered.
el_guapo
If that article from Outkick is true, the SEC's big payday will end before the contract is up. Meaning our distancing ourselves financially from the Big 12 will end sooner rather than later. In the future, I would imagine a new model emerges where schools will have to stand more on their own. In that case, ou and tu will begin closing the financial gap on us after the current model fades away and the other smaller schools like Baylor, tcu, ksu, etc will fall by the wayside.

I hope we can capitalize on the financial boon while it lasts. I'm afraid we will not given our squandering a Heisman trophy and our early recruiting success seems to be fading.
Jock 07
AG
el_guapo said:

If that article from Outkick is true, the SEC's big payday will end before the contract is up. Meaning our distancing ourselves financially from the Big 12 will end sooner rather than later. In the future, I would imagine a new model emerges where schools will have to stand more on their own. In that case, ou and tu will begin closing the financial gap on us after the current model fades away and the other smaller schools like Baylor, tcu, ksu, etc will fall by the wayside.

I hope we can capitalize on the financial boon while it lasts. I'm afraid we will not given our squandering a Heisman trophy and our early recruiting success seems to be fading.

Both you and your self loathing ass may kindly

GiveEmHellBill
AG
Jock 07 said:

el_guapo said:

Both you and your self loathing ass may kindly

Seriously.

You whine like a little b^tch. It's pathetic.
el_guapo
Not whining. It's just probably what's going to happen. We need to capitalize and it seems our recent track record of capitalizing ain't that great.
AgDotCom
You can forget any individual schools capitalizing on anything. Content drives this train and conferences are the only source that can provide that much content. The LHN proves this important fact.

The Big 12 is suffering because it cant have a conference network due to the LHN poison pill.

If ESPN goes tits up or tries to renegotiate the SECN deal for better terms, SECN will go it alone and cut out the middle man with direct subscriptions...some SEC schools already have studios and production infrastucture that can step right in and get it done.

Our timing on going to the SEC was perfect we could not have time to any better, and if we hadn't made the move we would be screwed like everyone else who is on the outside looking in. I'd even called us more lucky than smart.
BohunkAg
AG
Sam Chi went nuclear on them lol

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/04/29/espns-death-spiral-will-not-be-halted-by-mass-layoffs/
redline248
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Ryen is probably gone soon too, as his role was reduced yesterday as well. Personally, I would love to see him and Clay Travis work together on something.

HTownAg98
Well raise my rent.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.