Baylor fans submitting open records requests on gang rape survivor

3,834 Views | 21 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Bucketrunner
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG

Man, this is just a level of lunacy that I've never seen. Sips, tards, bammers, no one has stooped to this level.
The Collective
Waffledynamics
AG

GiveEmHellBill
AG
"Meanwhile, at Baylor University.........."

always gig em
AG
baylor grads you should be so proud

you are terrible, your school is terrible

keep putting your name out there dumbasses
HTownAg98
The State Bar might want to know who is doing this.
BESCo91
AG
Bo .... I can't see what you posted ..... could you please just type the tweet (or whatever it is) out?
aggiehawg
AG
BESCo91 said:

Bo .... I can't see what you posted ..... could you please just type the tweet (or whatever it is) out?
Brenda Tracy tweeted that some lawyer (presumably from Baylor) is submitting open record requests to government agencies to dig up information on her. She is a critic of the way Baylor handled the women who were raped at Baylor.
BESCo91
AG
Thanks hawg.
How sad & pathetic.
schwack schwack
AG

Texan1976
txjortsagent
AG
This ain't lunacy. This is sickening.
The Collective
AG
Probably the same dude who had the twitter account and website (I think) a few months back that was trying to discredit victims.
ClassOf17
CJS4715 said:

Probably the same dude who had the twitter account and website (I think) a few months back that was trying to discredit victims.

Bear revolution or something like that
The Wonderer
AG
CJS4715 said:

Sounds like witness intimidation to me..
The D
AG
Anyway we can find out who this dude is ?
txjortsagent
AG
Anyone love irony as much as me?

Can the identities of FOIA requesters be withheld under the FOIA?

No, not as a general rule. As one court has held, "FOIA requesters . . . have no general expectation that their names will be kept private." Agee v. CIA, 1 GDS 80,213 at 80,532 (D.D.C. 1980). In fact, in most cases the release of the name of a FOIA requester would not cause even the minimal invasion of privacy required to trigger the balancing tests of Exemptions 6 and 7(C). See Stauss v. IRS, 516 F. Supp. 1218, 1223 (D.D.C. 1981); cf. National Western Life Insurance Co. v. United States, 512 F. Supp. 454, 460-61 (N.D. Tex. 1980); compare Wine Hobby USA, Inc. v. IRS, 502 F.2d 133, 137 (3d Cir. 1974). It would take an extraordinarily rare and compelling situation for the mere identification of a person or entity as a FOIA requester of particular records to rise to the level of implicating a privacy interest (or, less likely, a commercial interest) protectible under the FOIA.

https://www.justice.gov/oip/blog/foia-update-foia-counselor-questions-answers-15
txjortsagent
AG
One of you Twitterers ask Miss Tracy to send you what she knows, whatever prompted her tweet in the OP of this thread.

We'll just send a request to all of those entities that he requested to find out who the requester is.

Then the OR board can take it from there.

Do what you do and what not and what have you.
HTownAg98
She knows who it is, but hasn't named him based on advice from her attorney. My guess is her attorney is telling him to cut the crap or we will go public.
The Collective
AG
HTownAg98 said:

She knows who it is, but hasn't named him based on advice from her attorney. My guess is her attorney is telling him to cut the crap or we will go public.

OR seeks blood.... and employment information.
txjortsagent
AG
But as you can see above, it ain't private info. No leverage there.
aggiehawg
AG
When it comes to Baylor and the power of TexAgs...well...is there another billboard on I-35 in Waco in the making when somebody finds out who this dewsh is??

(FTR: That was a joke and I am in no way advocating a public outing of a particular Baylor supporter by name. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.)
Bucketrunner
I donated the first time, and I'll cheerfully donate the next.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.