Swedish UN worker runs into snag investigating equality in Congo

3,366 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by ham98
See Kyle Tours
How long do you want to ignore this user?
by being shot and then beheaded

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/world/2017/apr/24/un-experts-killed-congo-video-michael-sharp-zaida-catalan

Quote:

The film, narrated by a Congolese police spokesman, cuts midway through and the two are seen sitting on the ground and then shot. Cataln is subsequently beheaded

That Leopold guy was a savage tho
Potcake
AG
Is Sweden or the Congo an old rivalry?
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Potcake said:

Is Sweden or the Congo an old rivalry?

Pretty sure Swedish Bikini team is Old Rivalries related
maxag42
That's why I choose not to visit Africa ever.
DD88
AG
I spoke with a couple that had recently returned from Congo who mentioned peace workers getting killed while investigating mass graves. They declined to expound saying they really didn't want to recall the dark details.
Bird Poo
AG
The Congo is probably the only place on earth that has regressed from civilization over the last 50 years. In the last few months, the natives have been murdering Catholic missionaries/priests, who are the only refuge and contact for the civilized world.

It's a place that seems hopeless, which I struggle with because that attitude is at odds with my Faith.
goodAg80
AG
Talon2DSO
AG
It's a whole continent of Nope.
goodAg80
AG
ham98
You know if it wouldn't have been for white colonialism and slavery Africa would be a real life Wakanda showing us the way to the future and leading the world in technology.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.