New Prez at Baylor

3,011 Views | 14 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by AgResearch
biobioprof
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First female prez at Baylor. So, that solves everything, right?

No, it's not Kim.

Quote:

Linda Livingstone comes to Baylor from George Washington University in Washington, D.C., where she has been a dean and professor of management. Her academic career includes previous administrative and teaching roles at Pepperdine University and Baylor.
W
AG
time will tell if she can or will stand up to the football program and the Board of Regents
Dr. Nefario
O/U on how long before she's sexually assaulted by a football player?
“You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong.” -Abraham Lincoln
UnderoosAg
AG
Elsa Murano thinks it's a great choice!
goodAg80
AG
She seems perfect for Baylor.

Quote:

The GW School of Business was left off the U.S. News & World Report's rankings of top graduate programs this year.

The business school was slated to be the No. 57 best graduate business school, but ended up unranked due to a data reporting error, according to the report's website. The annual graduate school rankings were released this week.

Linda Livingstone, the business school dean, sent an email to faculty, staff and students Tuesday explaining that the error was due to a miscalculation in test scores that officials noticed when reviewing pre-publication rankings data.

Livingstone said in the email that the school provided the publication with the correct data March 9.

"We regret this error and take seriously our responsibility to ensure the integrity of the information we report to U.S. News and all agencies," Livingstone said. "We believe we did the right thing by immediately and proactively reporting the error and providing the correct data to U.S. News as soon as the error was discovered."

U.S. News & World Report listed the school as unranked because of the error, which Livingstone said "in no way diminishes the excellence of our programs, the quality of our faculty or the success of our students."

DatTallArchitect
AG
Dr. Nefario said:

O/U on how long before she's sexually assaulted by a football player?

Just a little bit before mulky?
CDUB98
AG
goodAg80 said:

She seems perfect for Baylor.

aggiehawg
AG
I give her a year, maybe two. The BOR is basically at war with each other from what I hear. She just was thrown into toxic stew where she will have to gore someone's ox at some point. They won't like that one bit.
schwack schwack
AG
Hey, Hawg - Where you been?
petey88

Ken Starr was interviewed live in studio on the kwtx noon news, gave her a glowing recommendation, so it's all good to go.

Should be a good figurehead
Biz Ag
AG
Previous positions at Pepperdine & Baylor - just like Ken Starr.
aggiehawg
AG
schwack schwack said:

Hey, Hawg - Where you been?
Politics board mostly not much else is happening in sports right now. I check in here a few times a day to see what's up.
Sapper Redux
aggiehawg said:

I give her a year, maybe two. The BOR is basically at war with each other from what I hear. She just was thrown into toxic stew where she will have to gore someone's ox at some point. They won't like that one bit.

She's a victim of the Glass Cliff. There's no way for her to win.
HeyMoe
AG
aggiehawg said:

"hell, we'll gore that ox!"/theentirebaylordefensiveline
BRAVEAG
Quote:

Previous positions at Pepperdine

All I needed to hear, Baylor deserves those California types
AgResearch
AG
aggiehawg said:

She is their Elsa.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.