Each NFL Franchise's Worst Draft Pick

3,943 Views | 18 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by aggiebrad94
TPS_Report
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sporting News

Three sips made the list! Almost 10% of the worst draft picks are sips.
Great. The dog days of the off season are upon us.
McInnis80
The is an old list, since RG3 is not on it. All joking aside, it's about throwing the NFL teams under the bus, not schools. Bo Jackson was listed as Tampa Bay's worst pick. Bo was a lot of things, but a bust is not one of them. Bo was livid that a trip on the owner's plane to Tampa cost him his baseball eligibility. It was a plan by the Bucs to keep him from playing baseball and possibly getting injured. Bo told the Bucs if they drafted him, he would not sign. Later in June, he signed with the Royals to play football.

I wish he had not gone with the Raiders, but that's hindsight.

On another note, how did Billy Cannon Jr. and Vince Young not make this list?
Ronnie Mund
This is hilarious! POOOOR tea sips.
Wildmen03
AG
McInnis80 said:

The is an old list,
The Payton and Colin Kapernick currently on teams references should have given that one away.
Texan1976
McInnis80 said:

The is an old list, since RG3 is not on it. All joking aside, it's about throwing the NFL teams under the bus, not schools. Bo Jackson was listed as Tampa Bay's worst pick. Bo was a lot of things, but a bust is not one of them. Bo was livid that a trip on the owner's plane to Tampa cost him his baseball eligibility. It was a plan by the Bucs to keep him from playing baseball and possibly getting injured. Bo told the Bucs if they drafted him, he would not sign. Later in June, he signed with the Royals to play football.

Vince Young was rookie of the year and won a lot of games. He busted later. But in no way was he that franchise's worst pick.
petey88

well, evidently Vints was so good, he's going to go try out with Saskatchewan

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/vince-young-releases-hype-video-ahead-of-cfl-debut/ar-BBzQfDD

and he was great as a rookie for the Titans, a 66 rating. They went 8-8 that year.
Muy
AG
Texan1976 said:

McInnis80 said:

Vince Young was rookie of the year and won a lot of games. He busted later. But in no way was he that franchise's worst pick.

Vince's worst pick ended up in his mouth during a game.
Gramercy Riffs
AG
I fully expected to see a post explaining that Ricky Williams was only the Saints' worst pick due to the circumstances of the draft and not because of his production, only to see that he wasn't listed as their worst pick after all. Surprisingly, that honor actually went to another guy, a kicker who I'm sure was a great guy off the field.

I guess an argument could be made that the Saints' two worst picks in history are both horns.
The Reverse Apache Master
AG
Billy C's career was cut dramatically short due to the neck injury. I don't think that should classify him as a bust.
nu awlins ag
AG
McInnis80 said:

Billy was carted off the field with a serious neck injury that ended his career. Not a bust. Vince flamed out, no pun intended.
McInnis80
Not dissing on Billy Cannon, Jr., but he had a bad injury, but the pick did not work for the team. No way was he a Ryan Leaf. If I remember Steve Walsh was a number one pick for the Cowboys. Awful high for an insurance policy for Troy.

The Ricky Williams pick was the worst in my opinion for the Saints because they traded all of their picks to get Ricky. I don't care how good he was, not a good decision to have a one man draft class.
HoldMyBeer
AG
Impressive that Denver's biggest bust was a 101st pick. It suggests that they know how to avoid the bigger mistakes. Even with Clarett everyone knew it was likely a bust (he didn't make it out of training camp), but he also had huge upside if he was able to turn himself around.
TPS_Report
AG
trobertson7 said:

Impressive that Denver's biggest bust was a 101st pick. It suggests that they know how to avoid the bigger mistakes. Even with Clarett everyone knew it was likely a bust (he didn't make it out of training camp), but he also had huge upside if he was able to turn himself around.
There are a lot of worse picks by Denver than Clarett.

Tommy Maddox in 1992 when you have John Elway.
Jarvis Moss with the 17th pick in 2007 had 6 sacks in 6 years.
Tim Tebow in 2010 when they could have had Gronkowski.

The Broncos have had plenty of whiffs.
Science Denier
AG
Cleveland just flat sucks. They got a first rounder at QB, that they let go after only 2 seasons, and playing only in 14 games. He had exactly 8 starts in those two years, and in those 8 starts, the Browns scored 82 points.

That draft bust doesn't even rank in their top 2.
Al Bula
AG

Quote:

Vince Young not make this list?
Manziel was a bigger bust than Vince Young.
brainman5000
AG
RPM said:

Quote:

Vince Young not make this list?
Manziel was a bigger bust than Vince Young.

Even Belichick sucked when he was in Cleveland.
McInnis80
Sticking up for Belichick, he did OK in Cleveland until Model announced he moving the team to Charm City. The players lost interest and the fans got upset. Model decided to make a clean start and did not keep the Cleveland staff, except for Ozzie Newsome. Also I think Belichick was not involved in drafting in Cleveland.

The "new" Browns have enough bad drafts to make up for any old NFL team.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Todd Blackledge
aggiebrad94
AG
Quote:

Bo Jackson was listed as Tampa Bay's worst pick. Bo was a lot of things, but a bust is not one of them.
The list is about the TEAM, not the player. Spending a #1 pick and getting ZERO plays out of that pick is the very definition of bust.

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.