FPHA

48,210 Views | 501 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Furlock Bones
North American Flagship
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Now the bats are humming to go along with the AL West's best pitching staff.
Poor freaking Arlington.
MelvinUdall
Who's Arlington?
Silent For Too Long
An irrelevant team that had a very short window of semi success from 2010 to 2016. I wouldn't expect to see their fans around here much anymore, as they are all currently buying cubs jerseys.
MelvinUdall
Minor league team?
ClickClack
AG
nhayden said:

Who's Arlington?

Exactly.
fistofsouth
Ah yes more early season bragging from the H-Town folks. No chance this could take a turn.
Schrute Farms
It must be opening month, Houston's World Series prior to a steady fade toward October.
Mayhaw Jelly
AG
Schrute Farms said:

It must be opening month, Houston's World Series prior to a steady fade toward October.

Spoken like a Rangers "fan". Yesterday Houston surpassed last season's win total for the month of April. Suggesting that Astros fans talk **** in April simply proves that you're out of your element along with the rest of your fanbase.
Joe Exotic
AG
Wasn't a thread like this started last year?
SigAg6
Schrute Farms
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Wasn't a thread like this started last year?

I think Mayhaw missed this point.
fistofsouth
That town talks a bunch of crap to only have two championships* of any kind ever. They are the kings of months that start with A. In April the Astros will win it all and in August the Texans will dominate.

*Rockets championships that happened to coincide with Jordan playing baseball. Could be 4 if we wanted to count the Dynamo.
ClickClack
AG
fistofsouth said:

That town talks a bunch of crap to only have two championships* of any kind ever. They are the kings of months that start with A. In April the Astros will win it all and in August the Texans will dominate.

*Rockets championships that happened to coincide with Jordan playing baseball. Could be 4 if we wanted to count the Dynamo.

Lol at your asterisk. Keep reaching.
88jrt06
AG
fistofsouth said:

You're a fister. Noted. Disgusting.
North American Flagship
I have to tip my hat to the Rangers, who put on the best "Second Place At The World Series" parade I've ever had the embarrassment to be stuck in.

Come to think of it, I think it was probably a traffic jam while Dallas drivers stroked their rods to the sounds of Jerruh Jones on some dogcrap sports talk radio channel. Gross.
Silent For Too Long
Apparently every single championship won by the Spurs, Mavs, Cavs, Heat, etc should have an asterisks as well. Only championships in which Jordan was playing count. So the Rockets have the only NBA championship in Texas, 1995.

Cool beans.
ebdb_bnb
fistofsouth said:

*Rockets championships that happened to coincide with Jordan playing baseball.
May want to check wikipedia again dip**it.
Schrute Farms
Oh, to be a Houston fan. Where one playoff appearance in 12 yrs and a decade winning percentage of 29% against the Rangers equal progress. It must be nice to have such expectations.
aTm2004
AG
Schrute Farms said:

Oh, to be a Houston fan. Where one playoff appearance in 12 yrs and a decade winning percentage of 29% against the Rangers equal progress. It must be nice to have such expectations.
You are aware that Rangers fans had no expectations until about 2010, right?
titanmaster_race
Schrute Farms said:

Maybe one day we can aspire to lose back to back world series. Because it's only championships that count, right?
88jrt06
AG
Pro-plexual fans and sips.

The similarities are unbelievable.
Usually, just suck. All sports, year after year.
Occasionally field a good team, so it's time to choke again.

Two peas in a pod.
Joe Exotic
AG
Yay, another Rangers-Astros cripple fight between two of history's worst sports franchises.
Ronnie Mund
Quote:

two of history's worst sports franchises.

Found the female.
Joe Exotic
AG
Name ten sports franchises that have been historically worse than either the Rangers or he Astros. And this is coming from someone that actually likes both teams.
ebdb_bnb
That's not the point of this thread genius. They could be the worst and 2nd worst of all time, and it wouldn't matter. Why is that so hard for you to understand?
Joe Exotic
AG
I guess I just don't enjoy cripple fights
88jrt06
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

I guess I just don't enjoy cripple fights
You're starring in this one..

Schrute Farms
aTm2004 said:

Schrute Farms said:

2010, five years after Houston's lone stretch of relevancy. It was during Houston's greatest six years of baseball that they only won one more division championship than the "no expectations" Rangers. Congrats.
MelvinUdall
Schrute Farms said:

aTm2004 said:

Schrute Farms said:

2010, five years after Houston's lone stretch of relevancy. It was during Houston's greatest six years of baseball that they only won one more division championship than the "no expectations" Rangers. Congrats.

You're not good at baseball history if you consider that run the lone relevancy of the Houston Astros.
Schrute Farms
nhayden said:

You're not good at baseball history if you consider that run the lone relevancy of the Houston Astros.
Aside from playing in the Astrodome and a few blips in the 80's, that's it. The relevant legacy of the Houston Astros:

1965-1996: Pre-Golden Era (31 Years)

3* division championships, 0 playoff series wins, 0 MVPs, 1 Cy Young

Notable Accolades:
Two stretches of 5+ years without a winning record; 18 total seasons below .500

1997-2005: Houston Astros Golden Era (9 Years)

4 division championships, 3 playoff series wins, 1 pennant, 1 MVP, 1 Cy Young

Notable Accolades: 4 first round exits with a combined record of 2-12; swept in the franchise's only World Series appearance.

2006-Present: Post-Golden Era 0 division championships, 1 playoff appearance, 0 MVPs, 1 Cy Young

Notable Accolades: Returned to the tradition of posting a 6 season run without a winning record; Only placed second in their division twice.

Silent For Too Long
Nice moving of the goal posts. Prior to the wild card era making the post season at all made a team very relevant in baseball. Both the 80 and 86 teams were significantly more relevant than any team the Rangers would field until 2010.

I know that really, really pisses Arlingtonians off. I'm sorry.
MelvinUdall
Silent For Too Long said:

Nice moving of the goal posts. Prior to the wild card era making the post season at all made a team very relevant in baseball. Both the 80 and 86 teams were significantly more relevant than any team the Rangers would field until 2010.

I know that really, really pisses Arlingtonians off. I'm sorry.

Was coming here to post that exact same thing, but he'll ignore it.
88jrt06
AG
Very Schrute.

As we compare, are you going with Washington Senator stats to fill in the blanks....when the city, hell, not even the REGION, could support MLB? We were all happy for you when the Senators failed...proving even 2nd tier "plexes" had a hot, sweaty seat at the MLB table.

I'll go dry powder for now; after all, DFW deserves all-sport
sympathy these days....the horn similarities are just incredible: Shock that the team's so lousy, or, shock that the "good horn/plex teams" choke....over and over.

No trend: Just a couple decades.
Plus: Notice how both brag on how much they're worth?
Telling ya.
Schrute Farms
"We had two good teams in 31 years, we were relevant." - Houston Fans

Joe Exotic
AG
Didn't the cowboys just win a division title and make the second round of the playoffs?

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.