Boy, the SEC sucks at basketball

4,719 Views | 38 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Deputy Travis Junior
jamaggie06
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Only got 3 of 8 teams in the elite 8 and a guaranteed final four team.
dreyOO
But I was told the power bottom was dominant in basketball? So apparently 1 > 3 in the BDF
Bottlehead90
AG
It's a down year for college basketball
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
But but but, BDF fanboys assured us their conference was the deepest conference in basketball
jamaggie06
AG
And the BDF will not be in the final four!
brainman5000
AG
jamaggie06 said:

And the BDF will not be in the final four!
Just like football.

And tu got dead last.
bankshot11
AG
SEC basketball is on the upswing with several teams are making great hires and making deep tournament runs. Too bad our program is going to be far behind for years
SlackerAg
AG
The SEC commish brought in former Big East commish as an advisor to "raise the SEC's basketball profile". Not sure what he did but it's working.
BiochemAg97
AG
dreyOO said:

But I was told the power bottom was dominant in basketball? So apparently 1 > 3 in the BDF
When 10=12, 1>3 makes sense.
HTownAg98
SlackerAg said:

The SEC commish brought in former Big East commish as an advisor to "raise the SEC's basketball profile". Not sure what he did but it's working.

He got them to apply the same tactics the SEC used in football recruiting to basketball.
jja79
AG
We're one year removed from the SEC championship and sweet 16 with a lot of talent on next year's team. Feel bad if you must.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
jja79 said:

We're one year removed from the SEC championship and sweet 16 with a lot of talent on next year's team. Feel bad if you must.

B.K. will find a way to squander the roster and season.
74Ag17
Go Cocks!!! Final four bound!
88jrt06
AG
That's a tough team!
MooreTrucker
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

And some folks here will find something to complain about no matter how well he does.
MooreTrucker
AG
bankshot11 said:

SEC basketball is on the upswing with several teams are making great hires and making deep tournament runs. Too bad our program is going to be far behind for years
LOL....
AggieBand2004
AG
bankshot11 said:

Bankshot... more like air ball.
NoHo Hank
AG
MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

And some folks here will find something to complain about no matter how well he does.
Agreed. 1 good year out of 6 is far more than we have any right to expect. Admittedly, in that one good season we won a bunch of games against the worst conference in the NCAA and got ousted in the tournament by the first single seed team we played after needing a 1 in 2,500,000 probability type event to sneak past some corn shucking white boys from Iowa.

Trouble with Kennedy is that he is a terrible ****ing coach. Like Fran or Strong or Sherman, I'd fire him and hire him again so I could fire him twice.
MooreTrucker
AG
john32f said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

Agreed. 1 good year out of 6 is far more than we have any right to expect. Admittedly, in that one good season we won a bunch of games against the worst conference in the NCAA and got ousted in the tournament by the first single seed team we played after needing a 1 in 2,500,000 probability type event to sneak past some corn shucking white boys from Iowa.

Trouble with Kennedy is that he is a terrible ****ing coach. Like Fran or Strong or Sherman, I'd fire him and hire him again so I could fire him twice.
That good year was only one year ago, in which we got a share of the conference title and went to the NCAA tournament. You just can't fire a guy that did that this quickly, no matter what he did prior (and the circumstances of those prior years add to that).

And I find it quite offensive that you and others take away from those players what happened in that historic comeback against NIU. To diminish what they did just to bash a coach you don't like is reprehensible.
vegasaggie
wow. that's awesomeness
91_Aggie
AG
MooreTrucker said:

john32f said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

That good year was only one year ago, in which we got a share of the conference title and went to the NCAA tournament. You just can't fire a guy that did that this quickly, no matter what he did prior (and the circumstances of those prior years add to that).

And I find it quite offensive that you and others take away from those players what happened in that historic comeback against NIU. To diminish what they did just to bash a coach you don't like is reprehensible.
Oh no... someone is offended by someone else's opinion!!! Special Snowflake alert!
MooreTrucker
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
MooreTrucker said:

john32f said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

Are you Coach Kennedy's mom? What is your reason for wanting to have such a mediocre basketball team? B.K. has been to the tournament with A&M one time out of six years. That is it. Are you happy with the OVERALL results he has produced during his tenure as the head man of the A&M men's basketball team?

I for one, am sick of the loser. He may be a great guy and a great Christian that recruits lights out. What does he do with those great players on gameday?

Absolutely nothing.
MooreTrucker
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

MooreTrucker said:

john32f said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

Are you Coach Kennedy's mom? What is your reason for wanting to have such a mediocre basketball team? B.K. has been to the tournament with A&M one time out of six years. That is it. Are you happy with the OVERALL results he has produced during his tenure as the head man of the A&M men's basketball team?

I for one, am sick of the loser. He may be a great guy and a great Christian that recruits lights out. What does he do with those great players on gameday?

Absolutely nothing.
You missed the point of what I said. I was talking specifically about one game last year, and attributing what happened, and how hard those kids worked to win that game, to luck is just crappy IMO.
Dirty-8-thirty Ag
AG
I never once brought up the Northern Iowa game. I am just talking about his time here at A&M as a whole. It's been extremely underwhelming. His career win percentage is .553, that is including his 5 seasons in one of the worst major basketball conferences in the nation.
goodAg80
AG
Some of you need to relocate to the East Texas Board. You don't get rivalries.
SchizoAg
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

I never once brought up the Northern Iowa game. I am just talking about his time here at A&M as a whole. It's been extremely underwhelming. His career win percentage is .553, that is including his 5 seasons in one of the worst major basketball conferences in the nation.
and it wasn't like he was rebuilding. He broke a streak of, what, 6 consecutive NCAA appearances under Gillispie and Turgeon?
Ronnie Mund
I am also proud of our brothers making the elite 8.
MooreTrucker
AG
Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

You didn't but the one I was replying to did bring it up.
Science Denier
AG
1. SEC has more money than any conference
2. Money buys facilities
3. Coaches love money and great facilities

Is it shocking that SEC is becoming a basketball comference, on top of being a baseball and a football conference?
NoHo Hank
AG
MooreTrucker said:

john32f said:

MooreTrucker said:

Dirty-8-thirty Ag said:

jja79 said:

1. Dude sucks nuts and is terrible at his job. That's not even up for reasonable debate right now. That he never should have lasted til last year is no less true than the fact that even including last year, he's still a terrible coach who probably should have been fired. You could have fired him at the end of last year and gotten a better coach. Step 1 - offer money, step 2 - let him know he won't get fired so long as he doesn't suck ass.

2. Sorry to offend, but here is the reality. Incredible comeback? Sure. However, the fact that we were in that position in the first place is indicative of Kennedy's coaching ability. Remember NIU? Same situation, except the tournament was that pay to play bull***** And instead of coming back down 12 we just lost the game badly. Against NIU. Because Kennedy sucks and should have been fired.

Right now we could have Howland, or Pearl (to say nothing of Buzz Williams) coaching our team. We could have Avery Johnson or Mike White. Instead, we're stuck with Kennedy, and no amount of success from the SEC coaches listed above changes that fact. The good ship Kennedy sunk a long time ago, and morons like you sit around in their diving gear trying to convince people the boat doesn't have any holes.
Andy Farmer
jblaschke said:

2. Money buys facilities

Is it shocking that SEC is becoming a basketball comference, on top of being a baseball and a football conference?

Yeah, you guys really killed it this year in your bowl games....
APHIS AG
jblaschke said:

2. Money buys facilities

No, what is shocking is that we are mediocre in all three this year for football is not going anywhere.
petey88
Andy Farmer said:

jblaschke said:

2. Money buys facilities

Andy, when are you going to stop blowing Kansas ?
Andy Farmer
petey88 said:

Andy Farmer said:

jblaschke said:

2. Money buys facilities

Andy, when are you going to stop blowing Kansas ?

Same time you quit blowing Kentucky, South Carolina.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.