15% of females raped at UT - Disgusting cesspool

6 Views | 39 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Muy
Ray Guy
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.dallasnews.com/news/higher-education/2017/03/23/survey-15-percent-female-undergraduatesat-ut-raped

Update:

Report Link: https://utexas.box.com/v/utaustinclasesurveyreport

From the president:

Begin forwarded message:

Date: March 24, 2017 at 11:38:03 AM CDT
To: University of Texas at Austin-ALL-STUDENTS-Official <utexas-all-students-official@regroup.com>
Subject: Results of Sexual Assault Survey

The University of Texas at Austin Office of the President
Photograph of The University of Texas at Austin Tower with students on the south mall.
Dear UT Community,

Today, we are releasing a damning report that details the prevalence of sexual assault and misconduct at The University of Texas at Austin. The data is drawn from the Cultivating Learning and Safe Environments (CLASE) survey that the University of Texas System conducted at 13 UT institutions across the state last year.

The results of this survey of our students are of tremendous concern to me, and I know these findings are deeply troubling to every member of our community. This survey reveals a problem in our university, as well as society, that has existed in the shadows for too long.

CLASE found that 15 percent of undergraduate women at UT Austin reported that they had been raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure.

Furthermore, 28 percent of undergraduate women at UT Austin said they were the victims of unwanted sexual touching, and 12 percent experienced attempted rape. Thirteen percent of graduate and professional school women said they experienced crude sexual harassment perpetrated by a staff or faculty member, with 30 percent experiencing sexist gender harassment and 5 percent unwanted sexual attention harassment.

The majority (87 percent) of unwanted sexual contact incidents were reported to have occurred off of the UT Austin campus.

This survey is a wake-up call to me, as it should be for every student, faculty member and staff member at UT Austin.

I have said throughout my presidency that sexual misconduct will not be tolerated. Every individual who serves our university must feel valued, respected and free to learn and work in a safe environment. But what this survey makes clear is that many on our campus have not had that experience. We have let them down and we need to improve not in a year, not in a month, but right now.

The first injustice committed in every assault or inappropriate behavior is the act itself, but the second injustice is often the silence of the community surrounding that victim. We must not be silent anymore, and we must not be afraid to face this problem.

There are many resources and programs available for our students to address issues of sexual misconduct, including Voices Against Violence, Counseling and Mental Health Center Crisis Line, Title IX Office, Employee Assistance Program, Student Emergency Services, Behavior Concerns Advice Line and UTPD. We want to create a culture of awareness and prevention on our campus so that students are empowered to speak out if they are victims, to report inappropriate activity if they see it and to recognize threatening behavior before it becomes action.

I thank the 7,500 students at UT Austin who voluntarily and confidentially filled out online questionnaires for this survey. The complete report of the CLASE survey results for UT Austin is available here.

I want survivors to report and know that their university cares about them their experiences must be reported. If you or someone you know has been the victim of sexual assault or misconduct, please contact our Title IX Office immediately.

No voice is too quiet to listen to. No story of abuse is too minor to ignore. No truth is too uncomfortable to face. We support you.

Sincerely,

Signature of President Gregory L. Fenves
Gregory L. Fenves
President

Twitter@gregfenves

You received this message because you are subscribed to the [University of Texas at Austin-ALL-STUDENTS-Official] group. To change your email subscription settings, go to https://utdirect.utexas.edu/apps/group_email/unsubscribe/. You may not opt out of receiving Official emails from the Group E-mail system.
A History Of Violence
AG
tu: Baylor on the Colorado
BigDog12

1. the numbers for "rape" are not even correct

2. the response rate was under 14% of students

3. even a garbage rag like slate calls into question of the overall group of AAU studies because of the under 20% response rate and the very real possibility of those that have been assaulted being more likely to respond

4. UT is WELL below the average of the 27 schools in the study

5. UT for actually what is defined as rape is only 1% higher than A&M and UT had a 13% response rate while it was 9% at A&M

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/09/21/what-a-massive-sexual-assault-survey-showed-about-27-top-u-s-universities/?utm_term=.d7ec0449d382

6. the 7% (A&M) and 8% UT also includes attempts

7. A&M of course is just happy to be on the lower end of the spectrum so WHOOP!......UT of course feels that even one is one too many

nice try......fail
always gig em
AG
^^^^^Cocks not glocks man
BiochemAg97
AG
FacebookFriend said:

7. A&M of course is just happy to be on the lower end of the spectrum so WHOOP!......UT of course feels that even one is one too many
Bold statement unsupported by facts.

Nothing wrong with acknowledging that A&M is ahead of the curve while also working to end sexual violence and sexual assault on campus and across the country.
Trident 88
AG
always gig em said:

^^^^^Cocks not glocks man

Next time, survey the males (and those who self-identify as male) on tu's campus. The % of rapes would probably exceed the sip football team's winning % during the last few years.
Ragoo
AG
What about the number of times case McCoy watched?
MelvinUdall
The fact that lying to a woman is considered rape, that would probably encompass about 99% of the board when trying to get laid.
Texan1976
These "rape" stats at all colleges are complete horse ***** Especially those done by the School of Social Work's Institute on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. (No way those bunch of bull d's would ever goose the numbers, now would they?)

Lying to a chick to get her in the sack is not rape or sexual assault.

Two equally drunk adults having sex and one regretting it in the morning is not rape or sexual assault.

I want to know the percentage of women who were penetrated without consent -- either because they were passed out drunk, slipped a date rape drug, threatened with violence, or physically forced.

I am betting the number is very small.

Also, that study appears to encompass the survey respondents' entire lives, not just their time in college.

The fact is that college aged women that are in college get raped at significantly lower rates than college aged women who are not in college. But to listen to the media you'd think colleges were nothing but rape dens, especially at fraternity houses.
Flashdiaz
AG
FacebookFriend said:

op is a dunce

3. even a garbage rag like slate calls into question of the overall group of AAU studies because of the under 20% response rate and the very real possibility of those that have been assaulted being more likely to respond

5. UT for actually what is defined as rape is only 1% higher than A&M and UT had a 13% response rate while it was 9% at A&M

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/grade-point/wp/2015/09/21/what-a-massive-sexual-assault-survey-showed-about-27-top-u-s-universities/?utm_term=.d7ec0449d382

nice try......fail

you were doing well until you got to number 7... which is an idiotic statement that nullifies the rest of your post.

nice try... fail.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
FacebookFriend said:

op is a dunce

. . .

. . .

. . .

nice try......fail
Texan1976
This says 15% of women at UT say they have been raped (when definition of rape includes consent procured by lies or verbal pressure).

It does not say all these "rapes" happened at UT or while they ladies were enrolled at UT.

These type of b.s. statistics infuriate me because they are intended to mislead the public. It is insulting to actual rape victims.
Ragoo
AG
Texan1976 said:

This says 15% of women at UT say they have been raped (when definition of rape includes consent procured by lies or verbal pressure).

It does not say all these "rapes" happened at UT or while they ladies were enrolled at UT.

These type of b.s. statistics infuriate me because they are intended to mislead the public. It is insulting to actual rape victims.
you don't think this rape? make a bunch of money, lie to the IRS while doing so and see if they grin and say "oh you got me!"
ABATTBQ11
AG
Ragoo said:

Texan1976 said:

you don't think this rape? make a bunch of money, lie to the IRS while doing so and see if they grin and say "oh you got me!"

Telling a 7 she's a 9 and that you like her ideas on how puppies should be able to run for office to get her to bang you is not rape. You're required by law to tell the IRS the truth, but the courts have upheld lying as protected free speech.
goodAg80
AG
Who needs to lie? Losers.
vansprinkle
AG
ABATTBQ11 said:

Ragoo said:

Texan1976 said:

Telling a 7 she's a 9 and that you like her ideas on how puppies should be able to run for office to get her to bang you is not rape. You're required by law to tell the IRS the truth, but the courts have upheld lying as protected free speech.

Seriously, what kind of lie is considered rape?

Lying about being wealthy so a girl sleeps with you? Isn't she still voluntarily sleeping with you? If anything this makes her an easily fooled prostitute.

What lie is rape?
MelvinUdall
Ragoo said:

Texan1976 said:

I guess you never lied to procur a piece of ass?

Ragoo out on a date in college is like the movie Pleasantville when they go into the show and it is black and white and they are on dates.
A History Of Violence
AG
They obsess over A&M and then they lie about it.
They rape women and then they lie about it.
They attack people of color and then they lie about it.

petey88

and they parade around with dildos and throw bleach bombs
Ray Guy
AG
MelvinUdall
A History Of Violence said:

They obsess over A&M and then they lie about it.
They rape women and then they lie about it.
They attack people of color and then they lie about it.

Is Texas a liberal institution or not? I thought liberals would not participate in such activities and in fact the entire campus is cisgendered? Or are liberals liars?

I will hang up listen to the retort from my liberal friend.
Jack Cheese
AG
Ragoo said:

Texan1976 said:

These stats are always cooked. Always.

The key part here is that the "victims" themselves don't claim to have been raped. They only claimed to have been lied to or pressured. The group analyzing the poll then assigns this into the category of "rape".

When asked directly whether they have been raped or assaulted, the numbers are always WAY lower because women aren't idiots. They know they weren't raped.
88jrt06
AG
Texan1976 said:

These "rape" stats at all colleges are complete horse ***** Especially those done by the School of Social Work's Institute on Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault. (No way those bunch of bull d's would ever goose the numbers, now would they?)

Two equally drunk adults having sex and one regretting it in the morning is not rape or sexual assault.

I want to know the percentage of women who were penetrated without consent -- either because they were passed out drunk, slipped a date rape drug, threatened with violence, or physically forced.

Also, that study appears to encompass the survey respondents' entire lives, not just their time in college.

The fact is that college aged women that are in college get raped at significantly lower rates than college aged women who are not in college. But to listen to the media you'd think colleges were nothing but rape dens, especially at fraternity houses.

You should knock the crap out of the tu President.
Call him on it; c'mon. You're a real horn.
Include a copy of your brilliant post above.
bedofbrass33
AG
I know this is rivalries but gotta be serious for a second.

Slippery slope ladies. If guys can't lie about our income or dick size then get ready to ban makeup, cosmetic surgery, Snapchat filters, photoshop, Spanx, and the MySpace angle. Bring on the sex bots.
Ragoo
AG
nhayden said:

Ragoo said:

Texan1976 said:

I guess you never lied to procur a piece of ass?

Ragoo out on a date in college is like the movie Pleasantville when they go into the show and it is black and white and they are on dates.
nope, not my style.
Muy
AG
nhayden said:

The fact that lying to a woman is considered rape, that would probably encompass about 99% of the board when trying to get laid.
Jock 07
AG
Opened the thread expecting this to be a comparative study of the raping the sip football team has experienced over the past, what, 4,5 years?
CanyonAg77
AG
As much as I despise the sips, I'm gonna call BS on these numbers, at least until the results and methodology are released.

Rape is about the most disgusting crime, after murder and child abuse, but these surveys always cook
the hell out of the numbers.

Last year's survey showed 18.5% rapes.

However, "rape" was defined as almost anything, including if someone ATTEMPTED TO KISS YOU.

The survey takers who want to dilute rape to include any normal human activity are almost as disgusting as the folks who actually assault and rape. It hurts women to cry "rape" in cases where it's nearly stupid / jerky / drunken college student behavior.
Texan1976
SJWs can't weaponize rape without these outlandish stats. They don't want to conduct a legit survey that is peer reviewed and has a reliable methodology.

These women who answered someone had lied or verbally talked them into sex didn't even know the SJWs in the Sociology would classify their answer as rape.

Ask the same women if they have been raped, and the number plummets.
Ray Guy
AG
Disgusting rapey cesspool
Azeew
FacebookFriend said:

op is a dunce

nice try......fail

Fizban

It would be interesting to do a similar survey to determine what percentage of students were murdered.*

*Murder in this case includes any unwelcomed physical contact, including being jostled in the hall by a distracted passerby.

Words have meaning.

Lying to get someone to sleep with you is a dirtbag thing to do, but it isn't rape any more than shoving someone is murder.

Texan1976
88jrt06 said:

Texan1976 said:

You should knock the crap out of the tu President.
Call him on it; c'mon. You're a real horn.
Include a copy of your brilliant post above.

I don't like Fenves and didn't like Powers either (as President, he was my Products Liability professor and was one of the best we had).

Considering I don't give money to the school, I seriously doubt he gives any ****s what I think. I'm disgusted that my school -- where I have two degrees and love -- is run by SJW socialists. I give to more worthy 501c3's
Jock 07
AG
Texan1976 said:

I'm disgusted that my school -- where I have two degrees and love -- is run by SJW socialists.

Uh, spoiler alert... this isn't new. Should have done just a little bit of research before falling for the baby **** orange propaganda.
MAROON
AG
What a stupid survey. I hate social justice warriors and mealy mouthed academics with a passion.

So now a guy dates a girl, tells her he loves her and she's the one, they have sex and later the relationships dissolves = rape. BS.

What these people are doing is actually hurting claims of real rape
Victims.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.