David Ash at tu pro day

3,911 Views | 8 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by AggieBand2004
Swarely
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Quote:

Former Texas Longhorns quarterback David Ash has been given medical clearance to restart his football career more than two years after he retired because of concussions.

Ash, 24, had ended his playing career in September 2014 after struggling with symptoms as a result of multiple concussions. The school confirmed Thursday he has been cleared to play and will participate in Texas' pro day on March 28.

In addition to throwing at the pro day, Ash will also audition as a punter, a school spokesperson confirmed. He was a first-team all-state punter as a senior at Belton High School in Belton, Texas, in 2010.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2017/story/_/id/18924567/former-texas-longhorns-qb-david-ash-gets-medical-clearance-participate-pro-day
http://es.pn/2mx22qK
bonfarr
AG
I Googled looking for articles about Ash and found this thread about Ash vs Manziel, lol.

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/Contents/Columnist-J-Manziel-more-polished-than-D-Ash-has-in-8-gms--13173310
vansprinkle
AG
Good luck to the kid. It's a shame what the coaches put him through, and I'm glad his eggs aren't permanently scrambled.

Maybe he should stick with punting. Less chance to end up as a vegetable that way.
AgDotCom
From the comments on that article........just brutal:

Then, 90 days later:

AggieBand2004
AG
It's even funnier when you remember that the Colt McCoy days saw a horn offense that threw the shortest average routes out of the entire nation, multiple consecutive years
petey88

but the sips, then and still say, they would have beat Bama if Colt's vag hadn't cratered
HTownAg98
You have to wonder if he used the concussion excuse to get the hell out of a bad situation where he wasn't getting good instruction and being developed. In fact, I'd find no fault if that is what actually happened. If you were a possible pro prospect and you were in a situation where you had serious doubt if the guys blocking for you are incapable of protecting you from developing CTE, I'd get the hell out of there too.
Fizban
I honestly feel bad for him that he still doesn't realize that he just isn't nearly good enough at football to have a shot at the NFL.

He was a mediocre college player when he wasn't concussed... which was the minority of his career.
vansprinkle
AG
vansprinkle said:

Good luck to the kid. It's a shame what the coaches put him through, and I'm glad his eggs aren't permanently scrambled.

Maybe he should stick with punting. Less chance to end up as a vegetable that way.

A few days later and I just reread this.

I'm not being sarcastic. I truly feel bad for the kid and the situation he was put in. He genuinely seems like a good guy, he just played for a **** school.

And truly, I have a friend whose brains are all but scrambled from too many concussions, and it is very sad to see what's become of such an amazing athlete (he's a pro rodeo guy). I hope that if Ash is continuing football, it's in a position that he is less likely to be hit.
AggieBand2004
AG
If a team decides to pick him up, they'll have to expand their scoreboard
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.