Ed Oliver on UH coaching staff

4,951 Views | 30 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Actual Talking Thermos
BillYeoman
How long do you want to ignore this user?
BohunkAg
AG
Well he signed with that d-uche rag in the first place.
Wabs
AG
Probably alot less man-on-man kissing as well.
aggiehawg
AG
Herman's honeymoon period sure was short.
Señor Chang
AG
Y'all remember when Yeoman was all over Herman's nuts last year? Those were good times.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
We get it Bill..... NOW you hate Tommy Boy.
BillYeoman
Who brought up Herman? I am just excited the best defensive player in the nation loves the approach of the new coaching staff.
SlackerAg
AG
A lot less kissing.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
BillYeoman said:

Who brought up Herman? I am just excited the best defensive player in the nation loves the approach of the new coaching staff.

You brought up Herman every chance you could for a couple of years and we kept telling you he was gone, but you kept saying no way your creepy uncle would let him leave. Whatever. Don't seem to recall you being around much when Levine was coaching there. It's always been about Herman for you. This is just another dig.
BillYeoman
AgOutsideAustin said:

BillYeoman said:

You brought up Herman every chance you could for a couple of years and we kept telling you he was gone, but you kept saying no way your creepy uncle would let him leave. Whatever. Don't seem to recall you being around much when Levine was coaching there. It's always been about Herman for you. This is just another dig.

I was around for Sumlin, Levine, Herman, etc. Herman did good things for UH. Uncle Tillman did the classy thing and let Herman find another job instead of outright firing him for losing to SMU, Navy, and Memphis.
SidetrackAg
AG
Dude, he wasn't going to fire Herman for those losses. Can pretty much guarantee he didn't "let him find another job". UH is not a premier coaching destination, would not be able to just pick up someone better when they want to.
goodAg80
AG
BillYeoman said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

BillYeoman said:

I was around for Sumlin, Levine, Herman, etc. Herman did good things for UH. Uncle Tillman did the classy thing and let Herman find another job instead of outright firing him for losing to SMU, Navy, and Memphis.

Nice.

How does it feel to always be a stepping stone?

TX_Aggie37
AG
BillYeoman said:

The best defensive player in the country goes to Alabama. I don't know his name yet, but he does.
BQ_90
AG
I'm sure the female trainers are getting a lot of one on one coaching from appletits
AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^^ doubtful because there are no chubby Hispanic trainers at uh
- Yeoman
Go Coogs!
Actual Talking Thermos
BillYeoman said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

BillYeoman said:

Houston has never had double-digit wins in back-to-back seasons. Ever. And you think Herman was going to get fired for only winning 9-10 games (there was still a bowl game to be played when he left), with wins over two top-5 opponents, after going 13-1 the previous season?

You have lost your damn mind.
Rocco S
All we are is dust in the wind
BillYeoman
ActualTalkingThermos said:

BillYeoman said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

BillYeoman said:

Houston has never had double-digit wins in back-to-back seasons. Ever. And you think Herman was going to get fired for only winning 9-10 games (there was still a bowl game to be played when he left), with wins over two top-5 opponents, after going 13-1 the previous season?

We fired Tony Levine after an 8 win season. His recruits set the table for Herman.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Wait, what? Herman was never the QB whisperer after all? He was the ahole yeller?

The mobster did everything to keep him. Even billy y said they would not lose him to money. Now that he is gone Herman was a horrible dude.

Looks like billy y is a horrible judger of talent and coaching. He is not to be believed again (not that he ever was)!
BillYeoman
TXAGBQ76 said:

Wait, what? Herman was never the QB whisperer after all? He was the ahole yeller?

The mobster did everything to keep him. Even billy y said they would not lose him to money. Now that he is gone Herman was a horrible dude.

Looks like billy y is a horrible judger of talent and coaching. He is not to be believed again (not that he ever was)!

Herman was essentially fired. Billion Dollar Buyer gave him an out. Pure business.
TXAGBQ76
AG
By your logic, so was Sumlin and Briles I guess.
BillYeoman
TXAGBQ76 said:

By your logic, so was Sumlin and Briles I guess.

Just upgrading and benevolently helping other programs in the State. Just say "Thank You!"
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
I can never tell if Bill is a Tanya-level troll or a Grade A dumbass.
Lungblood
Champ Bailey said:

Not surprising.
Ragoo
AG
BillYeoman said:

wait, what?
BillYeoman
Ragoo said:

BillYeoman said:

wait, what?

True Frehman All-American.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.sportingnews.com/amp/ncaa-football/news/ed-oliver-houston-tom-herman-texas-coach-major-applewhite/dzksc1y50el91k7iqejagqxmu
TXAGBQ76
AG
LOL- and this coming from the school that has been a place for coaches to rest and clear their heads on the way to a real job.

I did not read where the teat had to pay a billion dollars to get rid of Herman. Hermmy had alredy made that decision for the teat when he was hired last year. It appears the herm allowed the teat to fire him after the fact.
TXAGBQ76
AG
Stretching the truth yet again. that article proves you have to lie to get attention; nowhere in that article does it say little Eddie is the best defender in the land. It appears that Myles Garrett was the best defensive player in America- even though he missed three games and played injured in every game from Tennessee on. He was so good he played himself into what might be the number one draft pick this year.

Very sad billy, very sad...
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Lungblood said:

Champ Bailey said:

Not surprising.

Is this a shot at me?
BQ_90
AG
Champ Bailey said:

Why not both, just like Tanya
goodAg80
AG
Actual Talking Thermos
BillYeoman said:

ActualTalkingThermos said:

BillYeoman said:

AgOutsideAustin said:

BillYeoman said:

We fired Tony Levine after an 8 win season. His recruits set the table for Herman.
You fired Tony Levine after he went 20-17 in 3 years, coming off a 7-5 regular season with a bowl game still left to play. When Herman left he was 22-4 in 2 years, coming off a 9-3 regular season with a bowl game still left to play. A win in that bowl game would've made him the first coach in Houston history to get double-digit wins in consecutive years. You are delusional if you think there was even a remote chance of Houston firing him for his results on the field after 2016.

e: His tenure also included a NY6 bowl win over a top-10 Florida State and two wins over top-5 teams. At Houston. In the space of two years. That doesn't get you fired. That makes you the coach who is coveted by every school in the country with a vacancy.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.