DISGRACED Trailer (documentary on Baylor/Dennehy murder)

5,928 Views | 35 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Tmoneyag99
AggieOO
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Friend of mine has been working on this for a long time. Its finally debuting at SXSW. Air date for showtime is 3/31.

45-70Ag
HeyMoe
AG
Never seen a school get hit with the Karma D*ck harder that Baylor. Not only buried in their current scandal but now the public gets reminded of one of the most reprehensible things EVER, which also happened at Baylor.
petey88

so I guess when this one hits the national media, baylro supporters can say it happens everywhere ?
dreyOO
So I guess this is a documentary series? They have enough material to go multiple seasons at this rate.
AggieOO
This is a one-off, but my buddy said they were gauging interest in the football stuff. I should see him in the next week or so and will try to see if there's new info.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Biz Ag
AG
Mulkey is going to punch your friend in the face.
BohunkAg
AG
Julie Hays is in that doc. I like Julie.
AgDotCom
Cannot believe Bliss is getting mic'd up for this if that's what that clip leads us to believe.
AggieOO
they interviewed him two different times. My friend was not there for the first, but he was there the second time.
AggieTFA06
AG
Coming up is Disgraced episode 2: Baylor Football Rapists.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
AggieTFA06 said:

Coming up is Disgraced episode 2: Baylor Football Rapists.

Part 1 of 53
Lungblood
Ignore, deflect, redirect... Baylor bold
Human
AG
So glad we're gone...
STL_aTm
AG
Pretty amazing a documentary can be done about Baylor's disgrace and it not even involve the massive rape scandals going on.
Kemo Sabe
"So glad we're gone..."

This can't be reiterated enough. I don't miss them a bit, any of them.

GiveEmHellBill
AG
STL_aTm said:

Pretty amazing a documentary can be done about Baylor's disgrace and it not even involve the massive rape scandals going on.
No kidding.

Someone who only is aware of Baylor because of the rape scandal will look at this and say "oh, sh*t...they kill people there, too??!?"
Giggy Smalls
As far as the murderer goes in this story, Carlton Dotson was a total lunatic and his backstory isn't that much different from our own Thomas Johnson. Dotson was initially deemed incompetent to stand trial and was put in a mental institute (just like Johnson). And then after being in the mental institute for a year I think he just told his lawyers that he was guilty and to go ahead and send him to jail. I don't even think there was a trial.

The super seedy/shady stuff was Bliss. What a low-life. I can't wait to see his interview in this. That guy needs to burn in hell.
Bottlehead90
AG
^
And yet baylor was ok with keeping him as a coach

And TJ wasn't on our roster or a student when he murdered someone
GiveEmHellBill
AG
Yeah, it wasn't the murder that was the scandal. Murders happen on every campus.

It was the coaching staff trying to cover it up that just makes this so.......Baylor.
Giggy Smalls
Just pointing out that the dude was mentally ill, paranoid schizophrenic, and suffering from hallucinations and all other kinds of crap. Just like what happened with TJ. It just seems like that part never really got much attention, and that's sad because I do think it's slightly different when the murderer is a total f--king nutcase.

Just like I felt horrible for that jogger at White Rock Lake and then what happened to his wife afterwards, it is still slightly different in that I don't think TJ is/was a murderer. He's just totally mentally insane. The Dotson kid was pretty much the same way if you read about it.

Just sad that Bliss was too busy cheating his ass off to notice he had a lunatic on his team that needed help.
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
BohunkAg said:

Julie Hays is in that doc. I like Julie.

from her twitter:

yikes.

Bottlehead90
AG
Who are the two guys on the right?
45-70Ag
AG
Julie went to bat for briles in such a way she should have lost her job.
Bucketrunner
That's just pathetic
AgDotCom
It's not exactly a stretch to say Bob is the most feminine adult on that cake.
BohunkAg
AG
Oh hi

45-70Ag
AG
Damn
What a mess
goodAg80
AG
I don't see many cubbies posting on this thread.
dixichkn
AG
goodAg80 said:

I don't see many cubbies posting on this thread.
Probably throws them off when they log onto a website that ISN'T a giant clusterf*** of popups and delusion
BohunkAg
AG
Here's an important point:

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Dave-Bliss-repeats-charge-that-murdered-Baylor-10996635.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Quote:

John Segrest, the McLennan County district attorney at the time, told Kondelis that Dotson's court-appointed attorney, Abel Reyna, said he wanted to change Dotson's plea to guilty because a trial would make Baylor University look bad in the public eye.
Abel Reyna is the current district attorney of McLennan County.
AgCat93
AG
BohunkAg said:

http://www.chron.com/sports/college/article/Dave-Bliss-repeats-charge-that-murdered-Baylor-10996635.php?cmpid=twitter-desktop

Quote:

John Segrest, the McLennan County district attorney at the time, told Kondelis that Dotson's court-appointed attorney, Abel Reyna, said he wanted to change Dotson's plea to guilty because a trial would make Baylor University look bad in the public eye.

So it's more than plausible that Reyna still has the unwillingness to make Baylor look bad. Is he an alum?
brainman5000
AG
AgCat93 said:

BohunkAg said:

Quote:

So it's more than plausible that Reyna still has the unwillingness to make Baylor look bad. Is he an alum?
"I'm going to hammer Baylor so hard they'll go back to being a cellar-dweller in football every season. It's an evil place that should be leveled so this never happens again. Please re-elect me!"

Of course he is unwilling to make Baylor look bad.
BohunkAg
AG
AgCat93 said:

BohunkAg said:

Quote:

Yes
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.