Comments on Herman's Spring Practice press conference

4,776 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by vin1041
schwack schwack
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
From the Shag:

Dissing Charlie:
Quote:

pretty refreshing having a coach that completes sentences
Quote:

So this is what a real coach sounds like during a presser.

Malik's mama aint gonna like this:
Quote:

Wants Malik to be more vocal

Another core value bites the dust.....
Quote:

sounds like he's going to let the okie dumb$#@! in if he pleas down...wow.

Why would Malik's mom be unhappy about that?
ClickClack
AG
33 said:

Why would Malik's mom be unhappy about that?

She wants to be the vocal one, not him. Hence his choice in schools.
schwack schwack
AG
I don't think it was a positive comment, do you? Since he's always been touted as the savior/face of the team/leader - it will be interesting to see how he does with the new staff. He was not named by Herman when asked who the leaders were (PJ Locke. Naashon Hughes) hence my comment, 33. I'm sure they are not used to him NOT being top dog or cow in this case.
RikkiTikkaTagem
AG
Malik declares after this year as will any Junior who has decent measurablea and has a chance to get drafted. They'll be young for another couple of years at least
Flashdiaz
AG
schwack schwack said:

I don't think it was a positive comment, do you? Since he's always been touted as the savior/face of the team/leader - it will be interesting to see how he does with the new staff. He was not named by Herman when asked who the leaders were (PJ Locke. Naashon Hughes) hence my comment, 33. I'm sure they are not used to him NOT being top dog or cow in this case.

I did not see the press conference. However, I think Herman is doing a good job of making his expectations clear to everyone. I don't see it as negative but you could be right.
Flashdiaz
AG
Expectations are lowered. Good job Herman for managing expectations!
txjortsagent
AG
Flashdiaz said:

Expectations are lowered. Good job Herman for managing expectations!
I think he's raising the expectations for Malik, not lowering.
Gin Rummy
Herman calling his houston players chicken *****
goodAg80
AG
Rig hand Ag said:

Flashdiaz
AG
he's going to learn the difference between players that are hungry and happy to be playing football at the collegiate level and players that are used to being coddled and are used to not working as hard.
BillYeoman
soso33
Plus there's a culture of losing at texas. It's going to take a sea change to get them winning again. And Strong tried to usher that change in and it failed miserably. Deep in those players heads they understand the futility and the superficiality of yet another person coming in and trying to turn the sinking ship around with another round of drastic changes. It's going to take Herman 3-4 years at least. The current players are losers at heart.
millertyme
AG
Flashdiaz said:

he's going to learn the difference between players that are hungry and happy to be playing football at the collegiate level and players that are used to being coddled and are used to not working as hard.
DING DING DING Winner!!
AgGrad99
AG

Quote:

Plus there's a culture of losing at texas. It's going to take a sea change to get them winning again. And Strong tried to usher that change in and it failed miserably.
But there wasn't a culture of losing when Mack was at texas.

He had one losing season.
BohunkAg
AG
He reminds me of the coach from Wildcats. He'll be reaching into jocks before you know it.

https://www.hookem.com/story/spring-football-starts-tom-herman-brutally-honest-fat-guys-texas-defensive-line/

Quote:

"The effort as a group has not been to our requirements here in this program," Tom Herman said Monday. "I think we'd know a lot more if some of these really fat guys lost some weight."
Rec
AG
I sho am gone miss dem guys jus doin dose dings dat dey need to do to look like foos
aggiehawg
AG
goodAg80 said:

Rig hand Ag said:

Well as bad as the sip defense is, Orlando gonna be cooking overtime.
AggieTFA06
AG
what would you call a defense that lost to kansas?

Not a good sign when a coach puts down any of his players whether it be current or former.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
Stevetex.
I wouldn't mouth off too much about coddling if I were you.

RGLAG85
AG
Stevetex. said:

You're completely right! Forgot you had the trademark on "coddling", and cupping and touching.
Aggball2010
AG
Stevetex. said:

Oh, big bad Stevie is gonna git us, boys!
Kemo Sabe
Looks like ol hermchione is trying to get the sipothant media tuned in to his bash Charlie theme with those little butt nuggets he is dropping at his press conference. They are going to be dragging Charlie's name through the mud for the next year. Surprise, surprise!
soso33
"I inherited a mess. I can't be blamed for awhile."--Trump/Herman 2017
Gigem314
AG
AgGrad99 said:

Quote:

Plus there's a culture of losing at texas. It's going to take a sea change to get them winning again. And Strong tried to usher that change in and it failed miserably.
But there wasn't a culture of losing when Mack was at texas.

He had one losing season.
And Mack was the king of coddling players. He didn't try and be a Saban/Harbaugh/Meyer type because he understood the formula that worked at tu...which is to get as big of an advantage as possible over your competition, then tell everyone how your program is the greatest. He knew that a working-class attitude wasn't going to fly there.

I'm sure Herman is an ambitious young coach that thinks he's the next Saban/Meyer...so he believes he can transform the entire culture in Austin. But a lot of coaches think they can be the next Saban/Meyer.
vin1041
AG
Funny
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.