Shriners need to keep the SEC/B12 format

3,995 Views | 20 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by TPS_Report
Raider15
How long do you want to ignore this user?
First, congrats on kicking our ass. Hated that but it was great to play you guys again. Of all the cool rivals who've fled the whorns- we miss you the most

Now, this was great- great teams and games. And it always will be if they take the top 3 teams from both. Some of these teams will meet again in Omaha, hopefully us

I don't know how far in advance they contract but this format will turn into something and make more $$$ for a very worthy cause.

Good luck, BTHO LSU
PhatMack19
AG
The field next year isn't great. The Shiner's must not like money after setting attendance records this year.

dixichkn
AG
Wow......that's not good. I don't see a team on that lineup except possibly State that would have made a dent in this year's Classic. That's a letdown
dixichkn
AG
And I agree, I liked that BDF/SEC format. Don't give half a crap for the results but it was really well set up
MSU/SECALUM
PhatMack19 said:

The field next year isn't great. The Shiner's must not like money after setting attendance records this year.

We used to do this type of thing in the Super Dome in New Orleans and it was usually State, Ole Miss, Southern Miss vs LSU, Tulane & UNO. It's been so long since it was played I can't even remember the name of it.

This game next year won't be near as attractive because of the teams involved. The teams and fan bases this year was ideal. FOX coverage sucks. I was able to watch State at Oregon on the PACN and it was pretty decent overall but for some reason pitches to the plate would freeze or lock up for about a second and it happened in all the games I watched.
Bucketrunner
The graphics on Fox were a beating.
MooreTrucker
AG
Should not go unmentioned that one side of that list is still all SEC teams....
MooreTrucker
AG
Bucketrunner said:

The graphics on Fox were a beating.
EVERYTHING about the Fox broadcast was a beating. As for the graphics, I don't think they ever got the Baylor pitcher correct in the middle to late innings. The announcers continually slobbered over the Montemayor kid while the graphic read "Robertson".
Potcake
AG
Quote:

Of all the cool rivals who've fled the whorns- we miss you the most
Whatever helps you sleep at night.
McInnis80
The entire production was one step above Aurora Community Access TV. It was truly unwatchable. I know Houston pro teams broadcasts are from Root Sports, but you would think Fox Sports could find a reasonable camera crew in SE Texas.
Bucketrunner
The pitch count was continually on delay.
ABATTBQ11
AG
Raider15 said:

First, congrats on kicking our ass. Hated that but it was great to play you guys again. Of all the cool rivals who've fled the whorns- we miss you the most

Now, this was great- great teams and games. And it always will be if they take the top 3 teams from both. Some of these teams will meet again in Omaha, hopefully us

I don't know how far in advance they contract but this format will turn into something and make more $$$ for a very worthy cause.

Good luck, BTHO LSU

Congrats? Might as well be giving a ****ing participation trophy. That's about all anyone would deserve for beating your team's sorry ***es.

And of course you miss us. We've always been and will always be everything tards strive to be: intelligent, STD free, and gainfully employed. We don't miss you sorry losers at all. We were happy to whip your ***es to raise money for a good cause though. We'll do that anytime.
Andy Farmer
ABATTBQ11 said:

Raider15 said:

Good luck, BTHO LSU

Congrats? Might as well be giving a ****ing participation trophy. That's about all anyone would deserve for beating your team's sorry ***es.

And of course you miss us. We've always been and will always be everything tards strive to be: intelligent, STD free, and gainfully employed. We don't miss you sorry losers at all. We were happy to whip your ***es to raise money for a good cause though. We'll do that anytime.

We lost to you and still moved up the rankings. Top 10 no less.
txjortsagent
AG
Here's a tip for you savvy travelers. When you're on a strange potty and don't want Little Cyrus to catch a virus, wrap him in toilet paper before you sit. When you take a tinkle, let nature take its course and pee the paper right off.

More to come!
MooreTrucker
AG
Word to live by
AggieOO
MooreTrucker said:

to be fair, maybe the Shriners are betting men, and thought those on the right hand side would be in the B12 next year.
nu awlins ag
AG
All the teams except Ole Miss and tcu, have large alumni bases here in Houston so that was big. I can't imagine they'll even make a dent into this years numbers. I agree, keep the same format and expand it to 8 teams and start it on Thursday.
MooreTrucker
AG
AggieOO said:

MooreTrucker said:

to be fair, maybe the Shriners are betting men, and thought those on the right hand side would be in the B12 next year.
It took me a sec to get that, but pretty dang funny!
Raider15
Quote:

Oh. I forgot. We went 2-1 in that deal- how did you guys do?
We went to Omaha last year, how'd you do?
We are ranked #3, how about you?

Yeah, I forgot
Raider15
txjortsagent said:

Here's a tip for you savvy travelers. When you're on a strange potty and don't want Little Cyrus to catch a virus, wrap him in toilet paper before you sit. When you take a tinkle, let nature take its course and pee the paper right off.

More to come!
It would take a Brawny paper towel but thanks Jorts

I feel like I understand the source of your anger better
bigfoot10s
AG
Raider15 said:

Quote:

Oh. I forgot. We went 2-1 in that deal- how did you guys do?
We went to Omaha last year, how'd you do?
We are ranked #3, how about you?

Yeah, I forgot

Here

We

Go
TPS_Report
AG
Raider15 said:

Good luck, BTHO LSU
You miss us the most? Aww how adorable!

Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.