It will never end!

4,746 Views | 26 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 88jrt06
MSU/SECALUM
How long do you want to ignore this user?
http://thecomeback.com/ncaa/big-12-expansion-2018-mike-perrin-texas-the-circus-continues-yay.html
aggiehawg
AG
Quote:

But it seems that it's necessary that every few months we get the hopes of UConn and BYU up as they search for that elusive invitation. The ritual can never end.
At which point does that become cruel and unusual punishment?

Thank you Sweet Lord (and Bowtie) for getting us out of that sack of s*** conference. Collectively, they have less than 11 brain cells.

Still can't understand why Perrin is still there. It was supposed to be a short term gig until they could hire a real AD with experience. Seems to me no one wants that job anymore. But Baylor can hire a decent AD quickly. BAYLOR!
SlackerAg
AG
The BDF expands & contracts as it gasps for air.
BiochemAg97
AG
At what point does the b12 ask for candidates and no one applies.
aggiehawg
AG
BiochemAg97 said:

Never. There will always be an Appy State level school who will.

The only thing the Big XII has done is jerk over the only close to acceptable candidates.

But here's the other consideration. As a follower of realignment since 2010, who the players are, where the markets and the money are, I have to conclude that neither tu, nor Oklahoma have viable landing spots if the Big XII disbands. Delany is souring on further expansion of the B1G with scheduling issues. Sankey has filed 13 expansion talks. The PAC is still run by Scott who was burned badly by the horns and sooners in 2010. ACC is doing very well and isn't in some crisis situation.

They have no safe harbor. Have to look at how to be relevant again before they become an actual G5 (or G6) member conference out of the playoff consideration.

We warned them. We told them repeatedly on this site that it would not work out well for them. They told us we were idiots and delusional. It is no coincidence that sips rarely fluff their feathers and strut on this board like the banty roosters they are, anymore.

They are FUBARed, and they are just now beginning to understand that.SCHADENFREUDE!!
MSU/SECALUM
aggiehawg said:

BiochemAg97 said:

Never. There will always be an Appy State level school who will.

The only thing the Big XII has done is jerk over the only close to acceptable candidates.

But here's the other consideration. As a follower of realignment since 2010, who the players are, where the markets and the money are, I have to conclude that neither tu, nor Oklahoma have viable landing spots if the Big XII disbands. Delany is souring on further expansion of the B1G with scheduling issues. Sankey has filed 13 expansion talks. The PAC is still run by Scott who was burned badly by the horns and sooners in 2010. ACC is doing very well and isn't in some crisis situation.

They have no safe harbor. Have to look at how to be relevant again before they become an actual G5 (or G6) member conference out of the playoff consideration.

We warned them. We told them repeatedly on this site that it would not work out well for them. They told us we were idiots and delusional. It is no coincidence that sips rarely fluff their feathers and strut on this board like the banty roosters they are, anymore.

They are FUBARed, and they are just now beginning to understand that.SCHADENFREUDE!!
This came out from FSU AD concerning the ACCN

Wilcox projects significant revenue jump from ACC Network

http://floridastate.247sports.com/Bolt/Wilcox-projects-significant-revenue-jump-from-ACC-Network-51424858
Al Bula
AG
That website gave my phone aids.
AggieTFA06
AG
The following topics seem to never die in the BDF:

1. Sexual assualt/rape
2. Inappropriate sexual behavior
3. conference expansion
4. why BDF is better than the SEC
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
ccatag
AG
Statements like this will get the bdf natives riled up all over again. Looking forward to their comments
p_bubel
DrZ
AG
That conference is a total joke and it is much deeper than the top 2 sports.
Mens swimming , who no one cares about, has 3 teams competing. The sips brag about winning 16 straight conference championships. Currently there are 3 teams, the sips and the two new guys. They are having a conference meet with 3 teams. Would they continue to have a conference if they went to 2 , or 1. I think they would.
McInnis80
When A&M and Mizzou left the BDF, Texas was the only school with a men's swim team. I am sure that the sips told TCU and WVU that they had to start men's swimming and diving as a condition of BDF membership.

The Big 12 Championship is a glorified duel meet, which is basically a guaranteed win for Texas.
88jrt06
AG
McInnis80 said:

When A&M and Mizzou left the BDF, Texas was the only school with a men's swim team. I am sure that the sips told TCU and WVU that they had to start men's swimming and diving as a condition of BDF membership.

The Big 12 Championship is a glorified duel meet, which is basically a guaranteed win for Texas.
That's hilarious!

Morgantown: "OK, it's required. Submit me a list of students who have taken swimming lessons."
aggiehawg
AG
From the Florida State link:

Quote:

Revenues will jump once the "linear" ACC Network launches in the fall of 2019. Wilcox said the ACC's projections have indicated that the distribution per school will increase by $8 million-$10 million in 2019-20, and then $10 million-$15 million in future years.
"These are all projections," Wilcox said. "It all depends on how well the network does. They are saying this network should have the same kind of return that the SEC Network has had in their first couple of years."

<snip>
The B1G Ten and SEC have vaulted to the front of the pack in regard to revenue distributed to each school due to the creation of their own conference networks. And the ACC has long pursued a channel as part of its deal with ESPN, and a linear channel will launch in 2019 that will bring added revenue to the league's 15 schools (including Notre Dame).

"The way we close the gap is by creating the network, which we've done," Wilcox said.
The LHN is still paying dividends and hurting the BDF, I see.
W
AG
seems like talk to just keep the league in the news during the offseason
biobioprof
McInnis80 said:

Wait, that means that the B12 lost 2 and added 2. So the difference before and after the SEC moves was quality, not number. Which also puts our string of 2nd place conference finishes before the SEC move in perspective.

WVU has had men's swimming since 1953-4, according to their website. TCU since 1979-80 per Wikipedia.

I wonder how many other B12 teams used to have swimming for both men and women but killed it for men due to Title IX and money. Looking at our results on 12thman.com, it appears that Kansas used to have men's swimming.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

From the Florida State link:

Quote:

Revenues will jump once the "linear" ACC Network launches in the fall of 2019. Wilcox said the ACC's projections have indicated that the distribution per school will increase by $8 million-$10 million in 2019-20, and then $10 million-$15 million in future years.
"These are all projections," Wilcox said. "It all depends on how well the network does. They are saying this network should have the same kind of return that the SEC Network has had in their first couple of years."

<snip>
The B1G Ten and SEC have vaulted to the front of the pack in regard to revenue distributed to each school due to the creation of their own conference networks. And the ACC has long pursued a channel as part of its deal with ESPN, and a linear channel will launch in 2019 that will bring added revenue to the league's 15 schools (including Notre Dame).

"The way we close the gap is by creating the network, which we've done," Wilcox said.
The LHN is still paying dividends and hurting the BDF, I see.
Did we make this shirt?

BiochemAg97
AG
biobioprof said:

McInnis80 said:

Wait, that means that the B12 lost 2 and added 2. So the difference before and after the SEC moves was quality, not number. Which also puts our string of 2nd place conference finishes before the SEC move in perspective.

WVU has had men's swimming since 1953-4, according to their website. TCU since 1979-80 per Wikipedia.

I wonder how many other B12 teams used to have swimming for both men and women but killed it for men due to Title IX and money. Looking at our results on 12thman.com, it appears that Kansas used to have men's swimming.
I would bet it was a lot easier to just select schools that had average swim/dive teams to add then to find schools to add and get them to start swim/dive teams.

That said, with A&M and Missouri, the SEC had enough schools with equestrian teams to add a a conference equestrian title.
dreyOO
So are they finally going to return Clemson and FSU's phone calls? Or maybe they'll accept Notre Dame once and for all.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
I look forward to sips claiming ACCN numbers as redneck math and nothing to see here.
biobioprof
BiochemAg97 said:

biobioprof said:

McInnis80 said:

I would bet it was a lot easier to just select schools that had average swim/dive teams to add then to find schools to add and get them to start swim/dive teams.

That said, with A&M and Missouri, the SEC had enough schools with equestrian teams to add a a conference equestrian title.
I think they would have invited the same teams to replace us even if WVU and TCU didn't have men's swimming and diving. It's all about football.
StephenvilleAg77
The big12:
WestAustinAg
AG
Maybe they will let in UH now that they got their coach...I always wondered if UH was hurt by tu's desire not to bring them into the league with the coach that they coveted.
McInnis80
There are currently 9 SEC men's teams in the Top 25. The BDF has the Horns at #2.

3 William 56
AG
aggiehawg said:

At which point does that become cruel and unusual punishment?!

I think it's when one of them actually gets accepted.
aggiehawg
AG
prepyag03 said:

aggiehawg said:

At which point does that become cruel and unusual punishment?!

I think it's when one of them actually gets accepted.
Good point!
Texan1976
88jrt06
AG
Texan1976 said:

It's the flag, right? Sip humor!
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.