AND THE INVESTIGATION BEGINS:

6,852 Views | 32 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by windmill.1
Definitely Not A Cop
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://247sports.com/Bolt/NCAA-investigators-have-interviewed-two-former-Baylor-employees-51401998

Quote:

One of many questions that has hovered over Baylor since the summer of 2015 is whether the NCAA would intervene in the unfolding sexual assault scandal that led to the firing of head football coach Art Briles and the resignations of its athletics director and school president. On Monday, TV news station KWTX in Waco, Texas reported that representatives of the NCAA have interviewed former Baylor volleyball coach Jim Barnes and assistant athletics director Tom Hill.
TAMUdoc88
AG
Wouldn't it be cool justice if the NCAA grew a pair and decided to make an example out of bailure?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
When does Horny get interviewed ?
Tom Doniphon
If ever a lack of institutional control existed, it's at that sh--t stain of a college and their rape covering up administrators and coaches.
ham98
TAMUdoc88 said:

Wouldn't it be cool justice if the NCAA grew a pair and decided to make an example out of bailure?
If they weren't able to make an example of Penn state nothing is going to happen to Baylol. It wouldn't surprise me if the sips are trying to mitigate the damage to baylol because the BDF can't afford to have another Kansas level football program.
titanmaster_race
Tom Doniphon said:

If ever a lack of institutional control existed, it's at that sh--t stain of a college and their rape covering up administrators and coaches.

Don't forget the attempted coverup of the basketball murder. The human excrement in that AD has existed long prior to the past couple of years.
Dirt 05
AG
Ham,
I think you meant to say the BDF can't afford another program slumming it at the level of texas, losers to Kansas.
W
AG
it's just about impossible to describe how poorly Baylor has handled this disaster.

the scandal broke in August 2015...and here it is 18 months later and it's still raging.

New chapters / problems still being opened / discovered every week it seems
ham98
Dirt 05 said:

Ham,
I think you meant to say the BDF can't afford another program slumming it at the level of texas, losers to Kansas.
touche
goodAg80
AG
W said:

it's just about impossible to describe how poorly Baylor has handled this disaster.

the scandal broke in August 2015...and here it is 18 months later and it's still raging.

They let the crimes keep piling up until they had a Chernobyl-level disaster. PR isn't going to fix that.
petey88
W said:

Even though it broke in 2015, the volleyball coach who had one his players raped by a football player, left baylro in 2014.

Here it is, near March 2017, and it's still going on.

Shut it down.
The Collective
AG
CYA investigation
BiochemAg97
AG
ham98 said:

TAMUdoc88 said:

If they weren't able to make an example of Penn state nothing is going to happen to Baylol. It wouldn't surprise me if the sips are trying to mitigate the damage to baylol because the BDF can't afford to have another Kansas level football program.

Baylor doesn't have the cred/following of Penn State
Baylor crap occurred after Penn State warning shot
Everyone is piling on Baylor, NCAA has plenty of cover for "me too" punishment. And by everyone, that includes school acredidation, possible DoEd/DoJ penalties, B12 withholding funds, etc

Plenty of reasons where NCAA could pull of punishment of Baylor where they had a much harder time with Penn State.
BillYeoman
Baylor administration is a great example of Baptist small town thinking....image over what is right.
AggieTFA06
AG
NCAA is several years too late, but better late than never.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
dreyOO
Agreed

And yet, the NCAA is taking their ****ing time as if this was over a few phone calls during the dead period.
45-70Ag
AG
Wasn't the NCAA forced to reduce the penalties again PSU?
Lungblood
Serious point of inquiry... How can one (or many) influence the CJS and/or the NCAA to nail these mouth breathers?
aggiehawg
AG
Irish_Man said:

Wasn't the NCAA forced to reduce the penalties again PSU?
Penn State is a public school, meaning the state government got involved because of the 60 million dollar fine. Penn State went to the state for taxpayer "assistance." NCAA backed down on the fine.

Baylor doesn't have those kind of chops, being a private school.
SchizoAg
AG
ham98 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the sips are trying to mitigate the damage to baylol because the BDF can't afford to have another Kansas level football program.
You really think the sips would miss an opportunity to use the NCAA to destroy Gayor's program? Why do you think they've turned over a new leaf after all these years? Since when do they do what's in the conference's interests, especially a conference they hate?
BiochemAg97
AG
SchizoAg said:

ham98 said:

It wouldn't surprise me if the sips are trying to mitigate the damage to baylol because the BDF can't afford to have another Kansas level football program.
You really think the sips would miss an opportunity to use the NCAA to destroy Gayor's program? Why do you think they've turned over a new leaf after all these years? Since when do they do what's in the conference's interests, especially a conference they hate?
Probably see it as a way to accelerate the end of the conference at this point.
YouBet
AG
And yet somehow they secure a good coach and are recruiting at a respectable level despite all of this. Strange things are afoot in Waco.
The Collective
AG
For whatever reason, the sips have had some recent success against Baylor.
BESCo91
AG
Who knows what will happen to Baylor ..... the modern day NCAA moves at a snail's pace.
- Maybe a reduction in football scholarships; loss of 5 per year for a 3 year period.
- Maybe a 3 year post-season ban.

Regarding Ole Miss .......
- Several sources believe Ole Miss is going to get hit pretty hard; things are worse than what's currently out in the public domain.
Flashdiaz
AG
BESCo91 said:

Regarding Ole Miss .......
- Several sources believe Ole Miss is going to get hit pretty hard; things are worse than what's currently out in the public domain.
I look forward to their punishment in 2028
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
CJS4715 said:

For whatever reason, the sips have had some recent success against Baylor.

The women's basketball team beat them on the road for the first time in 15 years last week.
dcaggie04
AG
The Penn State punishment was seen by many as a gross overstepping of the NCAA's bounds since the issues at Penn State didn't really violate a bylaw of the NCAA. I think there is a lot more in the Baylor situation that would fall under the NCAA's jurisdiction since it deals with student-athletes getting preferential treatment.
AGBOOSTER
Top 13 allegations against ole miss

Here are the first 2:-

1. Two former Ole Miss assistants helped fix recruits' ACT scores.

2. Some Ole Miss booster gave a family member $800 in cash in August 2014. (My take - what a cheapskate!)

The list continues in this vein. You gotta be kidding me.

But the NCAA is gonna come down hard on ole miss to deflect attention from its inactivity over baylor.

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I gotta drive round to hand out some bennies to our next year's recruits.
AGBOOSTER
dcaggie04 said:

The Penn State punishment was seen by many as a gross overstepping of the NCAA's bounds since the issues at Penn State didn't really violate a bylaw of the NCAA. I think there is a lot more in the Baylor situation that would fall under the NCAA's jurisdiction since it deals with student-athletes getting preferential treatment.
Gotta love the use of the term "preferential treatment". That's a new name for it.
aggiehawg
AG
AGBOOSTER said:

Top 13 allegations against ole miss

Here are the first 2:-

1. Two former Ole Miss assistants helped fix recruits' ACT scores.

2. Some Ole Miss booster gave a family member $800 in cash in August 2014. (My take - what a cheapskate!)

The list continues in this vein. You gotta be kidding me.

But the NCAA is gonna come down hard on ole miss to deflect attention from its inactivity over baylor.

Now, if y'all will excuse me, I gotta drive round to hand out some bennies to our next year's recruits.
That NOA is from last year. Other allegations have been made since then. Ole Miss didn't put out that mea culpa announcement about the self-imposed bowl ban over those infractions you listed. Ole Miss hasn't released the latest series of charges, yet.
brainman5000
AG
dcaggie04 said:

Yeah, plus the NCAA was quick to "punish" the state of North Carolina for not being "inclusive". When national media figures urge people not to send their daughters to Baylor... sounds like the opposite of inclusiveness to me.
wbt5845
AG
We all know Baylor's punishment has less to do with what happened and more to do with what Texas wants to happen.

Which means Baylor is ****ed.
BiochemAg97
AG
wbt5845 said:

We all know Baylor's punishment has less to do with what happened and more to do with what Texas wants to happen.

Which means Baylor is ****ed.
Especially if Baylor's new coach ends up winning more than Texas new coach.
windmill.1
AG
There was not a lack of institutional control in this case. The institution as a whole was involved in trying to cover up the bad actions of the thugs being brought onto campus by their athletic department.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.