28 yrs later Baylor with the same Mentality

4,445 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by titanmaster_race
Boodlum
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
This is crazy. This mentality is probably still prevalent and why they claimed zero sexual assaults for so long...

blah blah baylor is damn crazy and always has been
Macarthur
I have a theory on why they have had many of the issues they have at Baylor, but it's prob more appropriate for the R&P board.
goodAg80
AG
Macarthur said:

I have a theory on why they have had many of the issues they have at Baylor, but it's prob more appropriate for the R&P board.
ClickClack
AG
Quote:

Ms. Bonner, a black resident of Fort Worth who was pregnant when she arrived as a freshman in September 1987, was informed by Baylor officials in a meeting that she could not continue to attend classes while pregnant because the university ''has a reputation to keep and we can't have you walking around pregnant,'' the suit stated.

According to the suit, Ms. Bonner, who is now 20 years old, said she was told by a counselor at Baylor that she could stay if she had an abortion. She elected not to have the abortion. Ms. Bonner, who subsequently gave birth to a boy, chose to leave in October of that year. She is now enrolled in Tarrant County Junior College in Fort Worth and working to pay off loans incurred to attend Baylor, which, according to her lawyers, did not return any of the money she had paid to start her program. Baylor officials said they had a policy of making refunds to students who withdraw from classes.

Baylor, a bastion of hypocrisy. All they care about is maintaining an image of Christianity. Actually living it out, or for that matter - just treating people like human beings, doesn't matter to this institution. I think that's pretty clear at this point.
Bob Knights Paper Hands
One example of not respecting women's rights does not make Baylor a terrible institution. Even if it continues to happen repeatedly over the course of decades.
goodAg80
AG
ClickClack said:

Quote:

Ms. Bonner, a black resident of Fort Worth who was pregnant when she arrived as a freshman in September 1987, was informed by Baylor officials in a meeting that she could not continue to attend classes while pregnant because the university ''has a reputation to keep and we can't have you walking around pregnant,'' the suit stated.

According to the suit, Ms. Bonner, who is now 20 years old, said she was told by a counselor at Baylor that she could stay if she had an abortion. She elected not to have the abortion. Ms. Bonner, who subsequently gave birth to a boy, chose to leave in October of that year. She is now enrolled in Tarrant County Junior College in Fort Worth and working to pay off loans incurred to attend Baylor, which, according to her lawyers, did not return any of the money she had paid to start her program. Baylor officials said they had a policy of making refunds to students who withdraw from classes.

Baylor, a bastion of hypocrisy. All they care about is maintaining an image of Christianity. Actually living it out, or for that matter - just treating people like human beings, doesn't matter to this institution. I think that's pretty clear at this point.
Disgusting.
CDUB98
AG
Quote:

''I don't know of any college in the country that has such a policy,'
She needs to get out more then.

There are other private, small colleges with rules that make the Puritans looks like sex freaks.
Aggie Joe 93
AG
CDUB98 said:

Quote:

''I don't know of any college in the country that has such a policy,'
She needs to get out more then.

There are other private, small colleges with rules that make the Puritans looks like sex freaks.

We'll apparently, it was an unwritten policy. So, technically, Baylor didn't have it either.

Separately, Baylor is a modern group of Pharisees.

Holier than thou presented for all the world to see, but privately corrupt. Except, they also actively break the law, so it's not quite accurate maybe.
MooreTrucker
AG
Bob Knights Liver said:

One example of not respecting women's rights does not make Baylor a terrible institution. Even if it continues to happen repeatedly over the course of decades.
LOL....I wish this was sarcasm, except it seems to be the prevalent opinion around Waco these days.
12th Man Ag
AG
If this happened in 1987, how is she only 20 years old? Is my reading comprehension in need of tutoring?
ClickClack
AG
12th Man Ag said:

If this happened in 1987, how is she only 20 years old? Is my reading comprehension in need of tutoring?

The article is dated 1989
Bob Knights Paper Hands
12th Man Ag said:

She was born on Feb 29, 1936.
12th Man Ag
AG
ClickClack said:

12th Man Ag said:

The article is dated 1989

Well, there you go. I did not even read the date on the stupid article.
dixichkn
AG
Quote:

''It's the same policy we have had for 144 years.'' the spokesman, Eugene Baker, executive assistant to Baylor's president, said in an interview. ''Basically, this is misconduct as perceived by God.''
But 53 rapes = perfectly OK. Baylol spreadsheet updated.
Jack Cheese
AG
Macarthur said:

I have a feeling you and I would agree about the source of the problem.

Part of it is that so many of the ardent supporters and decision makers at Baylor had a "church camp" type experience for 4 years. They can't see: 1) that is folly, 2) others have very different experiences there.
Phil Garner
Are you an engineer?
Demosthenes81
AG
aggielee03 said:

This is crazy. This mentality is probably still prevalent and why they claimed zero sexual assaults for so long...

blah blah baylor is damn crazy and always has been
28 years? pshaw. Try over a century:
Quote:

Brann revealed that Baylor officials had been importing South American children recruited by missionaries and making house-servants out of them. He also stated that Baylor President Rufus Burleson's son-in-law's brother Steen Morris, who lived with the Burleson family, had impregnated a student from Brazil (ibid, Conger).[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Cowper_Brann#cite_note-1][1][/url] He alleged that male faculty members were having sexual relations with female students and any father sending his daughter to Baylor would be risking her rape. In Brann's view Baylor was, as he published, "A factory for the manufacture of ministers and magdalenes." (ibid, Conger).

Brann the Iconaclast aka William Cowper Brann January 4, 1855 April 1, 189
AGBOOSTER
This goes on at all schools.
titanmaster_race
dixichkn said:

Quote:

''It's the same policy we have had for 144 years.'' the spokesman, Eugene Baker, executive assistant to Baylor's president, said in an interview. ''Basically, this is misconduct as perceived by God.''
But 53 rapes = perfectly OK. Baylol spreadsheet updated.

and according to the article, abortion = ok too
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.