Longhorn academics take advantage of SEC again

3,374 Views | 9 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by wbt5845
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
SEC too hard to get in to

Quote:

Gary Johnson, a four-star linebacker from Dodge City Community College, announced Sunday he had decommitted from Alabama for academic reasons.

Johnson, who committed to the Tide in March, tweeted "After talking it over with my family and advisors I have decided to reopen my recruitment due to academic requirements in the SEC that are different than other conferences."
The SEC has stricter rules for junior college transfers than other Power 5 conferences which include that the player must spend at least three consecutive semesters at the school from which the player receives his associate degree.

Quote:

Needing some momentum after what was largely a difficult week in recruiting, the Texas Longhorns received some monumental news on Friday when Dodge City CC linebacker Gary Johnson pledged to head coach Tom Herman and defensive coordinator Todd Orlando
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Longhorns, Kansas State, bout the same for Juco acceptance,
vansprinkle
AG
Can't get into Bama, gets into tu. Sounds about right.
AgDotCom
Wonder if Randolph Duke's head just exploded.
12th Man Ag
AG
Quote:

The SEC has stricter rules for junior college transfers than other Power 5 conferences which include that the player must spend at least three consecutive semesters at the school from which the player receives his associate degree.

Was John Franklin at Last Chance U for 3 consecutive semesters before transferring to Auburn? I thought he was barely there a full year.
aggiehawg
AG
12th Man Ag said:

Quote:

Was John Franklin at Last Chance U for 3 consecutive semesters before transferring to Auburn? I thought he was barely there a full year.
I guess Stidham is not considered a JUCO because the school he went to doesn't have a football program?
Javelina
AG
He was a full qualifier out of high school. That rule doesn't apply to him.
aggieparent
I'm sure he will be as qualified a tu graduate as Jar Jar and Vince.
Tom Doniphon
So Mississippi State has tougher acceptance standards than texas?
Rocco S
AgDotCom said:

Wonder if Randolph Duke's head just exploded.

If Charles happens to opine on this matter please post it here. I could go for some comedic goal post arranging but I can't be bothered to wade through black lab's low budget operation.
wbt5845
AG
FWIW - Mack Brown lived by the stricter JUCO transfer requirements the sips used to have. But Chollie got those thrown out the window. And Herman is going full throttle JUCO.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.