Any news on Baylor? ... Yes! New complaints

4,845 Views | 15 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Jaxson11
goodAg80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Read on an empty stomach

Quote:

"The violence is what took me back," she said. "My limited understanding was that it was a great Baptist institution. Me, being a Christian myself, I was just appalled at the level of violence taking place so rampantly at the institution."

Lyons said her first hunch that there had been a history of noncompliance with Title IX came after she heard from several women with stories of having told someone at Baylor, such as a dean, about their assault years ago but no action was taken.

Lyons said she met regularly with top law enforcement officials at Baylor, and she was told during one conversation that it was not safe for her to interview certain alleged perpetrators by herself because they have "a potential for violence." She said she believed that the comment was made to try to intimidate her, which is the basis of an employment discrimination charge she filed Dec. 8, 2016, after initially contacting the EEOC in June 2016.

"At night, I was having nightmares about rape and then I was getting a little paranoid," Lyons said. "And then the police were saying, 'You're not safe to do your job. Look over your shoulder when you go to the parking lot.'"

ClassOf17
Doesn't surprise me. Baylor is as shady as they come. There's nothing religious about that school, Briles bringing in his thugs only made it worse.
ham98
they're a solidly islamic school masked behind the baptist name
Bottlehead90
AG
So many assaults and allegations

I have a hard time keeping up.

Because no school that cares could have this many. Right?
aggiehawg
AG
So that's two employees from the Title IX office at Baylor that tell the same story. There can be little doubt left that Baylor failed at the institutional level to oversee their athletic department.

Much worse than what SMU was doing back in the day. They were just giving out money to players. They weren't ignoring or "**** shaming" victims of sexual assault.
Giggy Smalls
Giggy Smalls
ClassOf17
Giggy Smalls said:

Isn't A&M's because they were too harsh on the punishments?
Giggy Smalls
https://www.texastribune.org/2015/11/18/federal-sexual-violence-investigation-m-shows-deli/
txjortsagent
AG
Sarah Mervosh might want to watch what she re-publishes. Any claim that we are under investigation for a sexual assault is libelous.
txjortsagent
AG
That said, I'd hit it with her consent of course
Bucketrunner
Bailure being Bailure.
BlueAg2003
AG
How is it libelous? That information is public and published by the Office of Civil Rights and several higher education publications.

http://projects.chronicle.com/titleix/investigations/?search_term=Texas
oragator
Baylor fans has it all figured out, the story came out because ESPN is mad Baylor is recruiting well, I kid you not.
BRAVEAG
Quote:

needed mental health services to cope with the emotional stress of having to hear so many stories of abuse.
What a flaming poosay.
Deadwood
AG
ClassOf17 said:

Giggy Smalls said:

Isn't A&M's because they were too harsh on the punishments?
She went to ND. She might want to look into some of the shenanigans there before she attacks others.
Jaxson11
AG
ham98 said:

they're a solidly islamic school masked behind the baptist name

Isis on the Brazos.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.