Cowboys had their best season in 20 years...

9,565 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by 88jrt06
SECond2noneAgs
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Texans had a mediocre season with a sheety and ghey quarterback in a ****hole of a division.

And both teams lose in the same round of the playoffs.

c/lol
Ted Logan
AG
At least Houston won a playoff game this year.
Ronnie Mund
Cowgirls fans are gone.

Weird AF.
TXAG14
Joe Exotic
AG
Huge win for the Texans today. Congrats guys.
DifferenceMaker Ag
Cowboys should have signed up for the discount double check.
always gig em
AG
Americas team.

Won't ever be the Texans.

aginlakeway
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Texans fans seem to care A LOT more about the Cowboys than Cowboys fans care about any other team.

I honestly have not watched a Texans game all season, not even the playoff game. Because I don't care what the Texans do.
Sea Gull
AG
aginlakeway said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Texans fans seem to care A LOT more about the Cowboys than Cowboys fans care about any other team.

I honestly have not watched a Texans game all season, not even the playoff game. Because I don't care what the Texans do.

Completely irrelevant team trying to compare themselves to the most valuable and visible franchise in the world. Seems completely healthy.
FW Declerk
and its not Dallas. Funny you guys like to think this.
AgOutsideAustin
AG
always gig em said:

Americas team.

Won't ever be the Texans.

No but it is the New England Patriots.
ABC Dallas. ABC.

aginlakeway
AG
FW Declerk said:

Dallas is not the name of the team? Not following you ...

You know some NFL teams have names not exactly the same as the city they play home games in ...
Sea Gull
AG
FW Declerk said:

A) It's a nickname, not a title

B) I think the ratings this year contradict your statement, even if it was a title
Joe Exotic
AG
FW Declerk said:

Wasn't there some article posted that cowboys games dwarf others in ratings? I mean they haven't won **** in 20 years and still drive ratings, are worth more, and sell loads of mernchandise. What other team would do that even if they sucked on the field?
FW Declerk
Whatever makes yall feel better about not being relevant since the Clinton Admin.
GAC06
AG
FW Declerk said:

Whatever makes yall feel better about not being relevant since the Clinton Admin.
Houston has never been relevant. Ever.
Joe Exotic
AG
FW Declerk said:

Define relevancy. Playing in the division round is relevant is it not?
SECond2noneAgs
AG
Just so we're clear, I typically pull for the Texans and the Cowboys because it makes the games more entertaining when I watch them on Sundays, but I don't let either their successes or, more often than not, their failures attach to me personally, because I'm not a loser.
Sea Gull
AG
FW Declerk said:

How about not moving to Tennessee?
03_Aggie
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FW Declerk said:

Define relevancy. Playing in the division round is relevant is it not?

So the Texans are relevant?
Joe Exotic
AG
I would think so. They won their division too. That would seem relevant to me.
Muy
AG
this is just like all the threads started yesterday by Cowboys fans. wait.
Ronnie Mund
^
|
Finally calmed down enough to "check in".
Sea Gull
AG
^
|
|
***got
stick93
AG
Muy said:

this is just like all the threads started yesterday by Cowboys fans. wait.

Congrats on the regular season championship. And to your point, look around for a thread with about 250 posts. Started by a Cowboy fan to celebrate the regular season championship. You probably won't even need the search feature to locate it. I will warn you though, it took a pretty sudden turn around 7pm today when it didn't quite turn out the way many on the thread were predicting over the past few weeks.
coolerguy12
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FW Declerk said:

Wasn't there some article posted that cowboys games dwarf others in ratings? I mean they haven't won **** in 20 years and still drive ratings, are worth more, and sell loads of mernchandise. What other team would do that even if they sucked on the field?

Cowboys fans do everything that I hate about the sips. If they lose they talk about history, merchandise, and ratings. If they win they act like it's their rightful place. The t-shirt variety has no loyalty but still talks ***** Both programs epitomize everything I hate about arrogant football fans.
SECond2noneAgs
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FW Declerk said:

Cowboys fans do everything that I hate about the sips. If they lose they talk about history, merchandise, and ratings. If they win they act like it's their rightful place. The t-shirt variety has no loyalty but still talks ****. Both programs epitomize everything I hate about arrogant football fans.

Unless you actually played in the NFL or your paycheck is signed by an NFL franchise, everybody is a t-shirt fan. HTH.
aginlakeway
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FW Declerk said:

Cowboys fans do everything that I hate about the sips. If they lose they talk about history, merchandise, and ratings. If they win they act like it's their rightful place. The t-shirt variety has no loyalty but still talks ***** Both programs epitomize everything I hate about arrogant football fans.
So is someone who was born in Dallas and went to games in the Cotton Bowl a t-shirt fan? And what NFL fans are actually NOT t-shirt fans on many levels?

Just curious ...
Joe Exotic
AG
coolerguy12 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

FW Declerk said:

Difference is, the Cowboys are a business entity and those are the things that determine their value and relevance.
AgOutsideAustin
AG

Cowboys fans do everything that I hate about the sips. If they lose they talk about history, merchandise, and ratings. If they win they act like it's their rightful place. Both programs epitomize everything I hate about arrogant football fans.

Spot on.
aginlakeway
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Cowboys fans do everything that I hate about the sips. If they lose they talk about history, merchandise, and ratings. If they win they act like it's their rightful place. Both programs epitomize everything I hate about arrogant football fans.

Spot on.
You realize they are hundreds of thousands of Cowboys and Aggie fans ... right?
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Sure do and if you are on here talking tonight about franchise value, ratings, merchandising, etc. you sound like a Cowboys or horns fan. I don't care if you are an Ag or not that's how those two fan bases react. He was correct in my opinion.
aginlakeway
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Sure do and if you are on here talking tonight about franchise value, ratings, merchandising, etc. you sound like a Cowboys or horns fan. I don't care if you are an Ag or not that's how those two fan bases react. He was correct in my opinion.
I never have. I watch for the football. I could care less about value and ratings.

But I grew up in Dallas and went to games at the Cotton Bowl. I'm a proud lifetime Cowboys fan. And I am also an Aggie. So I don't see how I am "like" a sip fan at all ...
aginlakeway
AG
I also never say anything about another NFL team because frankly, I don't care about any other NFL teams. I RARELY watch a non-Dallas NFL game, maybe a few a year at most.

But I certainly would not be critical of a fellow Aggie whichever NFL team he followed ...

But that's just me.
"I'm sure that won't make a bit of difference for those of you who enjoy a baseless rage over the decisions of a few teenagers."
Busdriver99
AG
Calling yourselves America's team really doesn't matter. Results matter.
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.