Vince Young did something stupid

7,950 Views | 47 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by FroggieBreath
wbt5845
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.hookem.com/2017/01/12/vince-young-pleads-no-contest-sentenced-18-months-probation-dwi-case/

Quote:

Former Texas football star Vince Young pleaded no contest in Travis County court on Thursday and was sentenced to 18 months probation for his 2016 DWI arrest, court records show.

Police say Young admitted to drinking three or four beers on the evening of Jan. 24, 2016 when they pulled him over on the North Interstate 35 service road for driving erratically. According to the affidavit, Young struggled to complete a field sobriety test and lost balance during instructions. He refused a breathalyzer; his blood-alcohol concentration came back 0.246 three times the legal limit according to the county attorney's office.

Young was able to keep his job at UT, which pays him $100,000 annually to work in the development office and recruit students to the school. After the arrest, he took to Facebook to apologize and say, "I am very disappointed in myself."

BohunkAg
AG
You missed this part....kind of sucks for him

Quote:

Young was fined $300 and ordered by Judge Elisabeth Earle to complete 60 hours of community service. He is to attend a drunk driving class and install a device in his vehicle that won't start if it detects alcohol on his breath.
Froppe
AG
That's nothing new. Radio has struggled to complete every test he's ever taken.
Bottlehead90
AG
Don't worry our tax dollars will pay vints' salary
BANA89
AG
Perfect representative of the university isn't he? Maybe he can coach baseball on the side.
BANA Class of '86/'89 - Living in Aggieland!
Froppe
AG
Do his celebrity appearances on the lhn count toward his community service?
always gig em
AG
wow they didnt drop the charges for vince?

even though he's supposedly the chancellor of student success at life in all things positive and successful for all students at tu?

or some such nonsense?
DifferenceMaker Ag
BohunkAg said:

You missed this part....kind of sucks for him

Quote:

Young was fined $300 and ordered by Judge Elisabeth Earle to complete 60 hours of community service. He is to attend a drunk driving class and install a device in his vehicle that won't start if it detects alcohol on his breath.

So he's taking a class to learn how to drive drunk. That's awesome.
Sea Gull
AG
3-4 beers = .246 BAC??
HTownAg98
Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??

Only if he's a 100 pound woman.
DifferenceMaker Ag
HTownAg98 said:

Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??

Only if he's a 100 pound woman.
....who's 6'5" and hypoglycemic.
StephenvilleAg77
"Dere Cote,

Can I burrow three hunnert dollers?

Vintz"
LitreBoy
AG
Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??

3-4 beers per hour.
Potcake
AG
He missed a court date earlier this week because he was "sick".
There is a good chance that Augie is the adjunct professor for this class.
aggiehawg
AG
Too bad Uber isn't allowed in Austin, then.
GAC06
AG
Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??
He's like 6'5" and 270 at this point. He could bong 4 beers a half hour before driving and probably wouldn't be over .08
HTownAg98
Let's not kid ourselves here. If he blew a .246, he's pretty trashed, and the amount of alcohol that would require is quite a bit. It damn sure wasn't just beer.
DifferenceMaker Ag
aggiehawg said:

Pretty sure they're bringing it back now just for Vints.
goodAg80
AG
aggiehawg said:

We have something better already.

LitreBoy
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Let's not kid ourselves here. If he blew a .246, he's pretty trashed, and the amount of alcohol that would require is quite a bit. It damn sure wasn't just beer.

Like Patron. At a man party. Shirtless.
leftcoastaggie
AG
I just looked up his salary again. They must have changed his job title. Before he had the same title as 3 women who had worked in the position for many years but made considerable less then him. Was a pretty bad look for the University.

https://salaries.texastribune.org/university-of-texas-at-austin/departments/div-of-diversity-and-community-engagement/positions/development-officer/
BiochemAg97
AG
GAC06 said:

Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??
He's like 6'5" and 270 at this point. He could bong 4 beers a half hour before driving and probably wouldn't be over .08

Do you expect vints to be able to count past 4?
GAC06
AG
He can get to 6
Science Denier
AG
Quote:

He refused a breathalyzer; his blood-alcohol concentration came back 0.246
I'm no cop or a lawyer, so I don't know how they determined his BAC if he refused.
goodAg80
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

I'm no cop or a lawyer, so I don't know how they determined his BAC if he refused.
You take a ride to the station and they draw blood.
goodAg80
AG
Obligatory

Señor Chang
AG
Quote:

Vince Young did something stupid

Deja vu? I feel like I've read this before.

Sea Gull
AG
GAC06 said:

Duck Patrol said:

3-4 beers = .246 BAC??

That's my point. There's no way he had 3-4 beers and then blew a .246.
ChipFTAC01
AG
Everyone who has ever been pulled over for drinking has only had 3-4 beers. Either that or "just a couple"
BiochemAg97
AG
Did VY mean 3-4 servings (12 oz beers) or 3-4 glasses. Maybe he went somewhere with really big beer glasses, like 32 oz schooners. That would be a little over 10 servings, and would be closer to the amount it would take for him to get that BAC reading.

Also keep in mind that by refusing to blow and having to be taken into custody for a blood draw, his BAC is potentially going down during the delay. Unless he slammed the alcohol just before getting in the car, then it could have been still climbing.
CDUB98
AG
goodAg80 said:

aggiehawg said:

We have something better already.

You can tell that guy is getting near tossing his cookies thanks to the stank coming from that dirty, stinking, hippy.
TPS_Report
AG
wbt5845 said:

http://www.hookem.com/2017/01/12/vince-young-pleads-no-contest-sentenced-18-months-probation-dwi-case/

Quote:

Former Texas football star Vince Young pleaded no contest in Travis County court on Thursday and was sentenced to 18 months probation for his 2016 DWI arrest, court records show.

Police say Young admitted to drinking three or four beers on the evening of Jan. 24, 2016 when they pulled him over on the North Interstate 35 service road for driving erratically. According to the affidavit, Young struggled to complete a field sobriety test and lost balance during instructions. He refused a breathalyzer; his blood-alcohol concentration came back 0.246 three times the legal limit according to the county attorney's office.

Young was able to keep his job at UT, which pays him $100,000 annually to work in the development office and recruit students to the school. After the arrest, he took to Facebook to apologize and say, "I am very disappointed in myself."

Imagine the outcry if A&M:
1. hired Johnny for a similar position
2. Johnny got a DUI while employed by A&M

We wouldn't here about Trump for two weeks while the media covered the Manziel "saga".
Madman
AG
How many times in the last 3 years has he been busted and let go with no report before this time?

I would set the over under at 4.

AgOutsideAustin
AG
Potcake said:

He missed a court date earlier this week because he was "sick".
There is a good chance that Augie is the adjunct professor for this class.

Misses his court date for being sick then fellow horn graduate judge Earle fits him in on the docket to deliver a slap on the wrist.
Nothing to see hear move along.
2006EE
AG
jblaschke said:

Quote:

Like said above, you go sit in a cell (as you can be arrested for refusing breathalyzer but you always should). Then they get a warrant from a judge. Then they poke you with a needle and test your blood not your breath.

So that was probably 30 minutes to an hour after he was pulled over and was still a .2 whatever??? That's bad. He was straight up kdrunk.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.