Phil Bennett gets a gig at Arizona State

3,576 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Cynical_Texan
Goodfield Nohit
How long do you want to ignore this user?
DC for Todd Graham. Expect him to start looking the other way immediately.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/baylor-dc-phil-bennett-taking-same-role-at-arizona-state/
goodAg80
AG
Goodfield Nohit said:

DC for Todd Graham. Expect him to start looking the other way immediately.

http://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/01/11/baylor-dc-phil-bennett-taking-same-role-at-arizona-state/

T&P

45-70Ag
AG
I know Bennett isn't looked at on here in a good light but I've always felt sorry for him in how he lost his wife and raising his kids alone.
BigJim49 AustinNowDallas
AG
Remarried
Rocco S
The girls at ASU are a lot less likely to say no than at Baylor
Bonfire96
AG
And harbored multiple rapists
AgDotCom
Phil remarried quite a while ago and lives in south CS. I don't approve, at all, of how he bad mouthed our move to the SEC / followed Baylor talking points.

But yeah, hope nobody has to lose their spouse like that and go what he's been through.
Madman
AG
WTF95
God bless America...the Tempe 12.
txjortsagent
AG
I've known him and his family for a very long time. His brother coached me in HS. So I feel confident in saying....

**** him
LonghornDub
Jorts - unless you're an effing yankee, you should say "Bless his heart" before "**** him".
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

aggiehawg
AG
Irish_Man said:

I know Bennett isn't looked at on here in a good light but I've always felt sorry for him in how he lost his wife and raising his kids alone.
What happened to his wife?
45-70Ag
AG
If I remember correctly, while jogging she was struck by lightening on a sunny day in her neighborhood and it killed her.
goodAg80
AG
Quote:

MANHATTAN, Kan. {AP} Nancy Bennett, wife of Kansas State defensive coordinator Phil Bennett, died Saturday of injuries suffered when she was struck by lightning while jogging during a violent thunderstorm.

Mrs. Bennett, who was 41, had been in intensive care at Mercy Hospital since she was injured Aug. 11 and never regained consciousness.

Besides her husband, she leaves two young children, Sam, 11, and Maddie, 8.

Mrs. Bennett, who worked as a registered nurse while following her husband through his various coaching jobs, was struck by a lightning bolt near the Kansas State campus. Bennett, worried about his wife being out in the storm, arrived on the scene just as she was being put in the ambulance.

Bennett, who has missed many Kansas State practices to be with his wife, said in a statement issued through Kansas State that he was grateful for thousands of people who had expressed their compassion and concern through the ordeal.
aggiehawg
AG
Thanks for the response.

That's awful.
Texan1976
Needs to let off some steam
Rocco S
Texan1976 said:

Needs to let off some steam
Bob Knights Paper Hands
No ***** What years? 91-94 here.
Cynical_Texan
AG
Biblical.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.