America's Team

11,449 Views | 84 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Wyoming Aggie
Zombie Jon Snow
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

Well considering only about 20% of the US population has a degree, I'd say that applies to damn near everything. You're reaching.

How is that reaching? I think it's true for most pro sports, and I said that. When you're in a suite it's not the same. You're in the V&A within the Hooters.

I'm not in a suite typically. And although I mentioned people I know I'm not just referring to them. When I see the fans in the sections around me they are mostly....rich looking, middle or upper class, mostly white and well behaved. There is an occasional loudmouth jerk, like 1 per section usually at most. Hardly the majority. I've had many man many many more rude and drunk and loudmouth opponents fans at college games then I ever have at pro games. And I'm talking about Aggie games (road, neutral, but even at home).

And the point of the stats that you missed was not that it was 25% who were rich, because yes thats much less than half of the people. It was that that was higher than pretty much every other pro team sport. And the same goes for the low end - their low income (uneducated) fans are a smaller percentage than other pro team sports.

So I just don't know who you are comparing to....among pro sports it's just asinine to call NFL fans uneducated.

You think the most valuable sports franchises in all of pro sports (outside of a few soccer clubs) are built on the poor and uneducated? 27 NFL franchises are among the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the entire world and 4 of the top 10. So more than half of the top 50.

You say you aren't a liberal but it's amazingly just like the closed minded view they (MSM and liberal elites) have of the bulk of the rest of the country. They may have money but they are just poor uneducated yokels and rednecks who don't know any better. It's incredibly biased and the facts don't support it. Your view is the biased one - I guess maybe you only go to Aggie games and compare to that? A&M and Kyle Field are not indicative of most college sports venues or towns. Most visiting stadiums I have been to are full of asshats, loudmouths, trash talkers and even people who throw things. I've NEVER seen any of that at a single Cowboys game (maybe in Philly and NY you might get some of that).

You think making $100k makes someone rich? Wow. That says a lot.

The NFL might have a bigger upper band and a smaller lower band THAN OTHER PRO SPORTS, but that doesn't mean what I said is any less true. You're saying that one hooker is less skanky than the others. She's still a hooker, bud. That's not an elitist, close minded view, it's based on facts. You keep referencing money and income to make your point. Plenty of educated, articulate people make less than uneducated people. They're not synonymous.

Oh you're right I'm sure. Income has nothing to do with education. No correlation whatsoever. That's why people go to college. To make less money. Brilliant. And even people without degrees who make a lot of money are likely pretty smart or shrewd... far from what I'd call a yokel or uneducated masses like you are trying to lump ALL NFL fans in. Thats hysterical. And I repeatedly said upper and middle class. I don't think 100k makes you rich. I make a hell of a lot more than that but don't consider myself rich. But in economic terms not much of the population makes over 100k. It does put you in the upper half and yet you want to label them as uneducated hicks.

I still don't even know who you are comparing to as we have agreed they are at the high end of pro sports. So what's your point? You think college crowds are more educated because they are coleges? Thats aggie biased. Most crowds aren't like TAMU crowds. Most colleges draw a lot from local community. And having cheaper tickets and fewer games they draw plenty of uneducated sports fans. Look at your typical LSU and Bama and tu crowds. Tons of uneducated non students.

You've also offered no data, no articles and no examples that support your opinion. It's just what you think apparently. Well ok great.....
Flexbone
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

Well considering only about 20% of the US population has a degree, I'd say that applies to damn near everything. You're reaching.

How is that reaching? I think it's true for most pro sports, and I said that. When you're in a suite it's not the same. You're in the V&A within the Hooters.

I'm not in a suite typically. And although I mentioned people I know I'm not just referring to them. When I see the fans in the sections around me they are mostly....rich looking, middle or upper class, mostly white and well behaved. There is an occasional loudmouth jerk, like 1 per section usually at most. Hardly the majority. I've had many man many many more rude and drunk and loudmouth opponents fans at college games then I ever have at pro games. And I'm talking about Aggie games (road, neutral, but even at home).

And the point of the stats that you missed was not that it was 25% who were rich, because yes thats much less than half of the people. It was that that was higher than pretty much every other pro team sport. And the same goes for the low end - their low income (uneducated) fans are a smaller percentage than other pro team sports.

So I just don't know who you are comparing to....among pro sports it's just asinine to call NFL fans uneducated.

You think the most valuable sports franchises in all of pro sports (outside of a few soccer clubs) are built on the poor and uneducated? 27 NFL franchises are among the top 50 most valuable sports franchises in the entire world and 4 of the top 10. So more than half of the top 50.

You say you aren't a liberal but it's amazingly just like the closed minded view they (MSM and liberal elites) have of the bulk of the rest of the country. They may have money but they are just poor uneducated yokels and rednecks who don't know any better. It's incredibly biased and the facts don't support it. Your view is the biased one - I guess maybe you only go to Aggie games and compare to that? A&M and Kyle Field are not indicative of most college sports venues or towns. Most visiting stadiums I have been to are full of asshats, loudmouths, trash talkers and even people who throw things. I've NEVER seen any of that at a single Cowboys game (maybe in Philly and NY you might get some of that).

The NFL might have a bigger upper band and a smaller lower band THAN OTHER PRO SPORTS, but that doesn't mean what I said is any less true. You're saying that one hooker is less skanky than the others. She's still a hooker, bud. That's not an elitist, close minded view, it's based on facts. You keep referencing money and income to make your point. Plenty of educated, articulate people make less than uneducated people. They're not synonymous.

Oh you're right I'm sure. Income has nothing to do with education. No correlation whatsoever. That's why people go to college. To make less money. Brilliant. And even people without degrees who make a lot of money are likely pretty smart or shrewd... far from what I'd call a yokel or uneducated masses like you are trying to lump ALL NFL fans in. Thats hysterical. And I repeatedly said upper and middle class. I don't think 100k makes you rich. I make a hell of a lot more than that but don't consider myself rich. But in economic terms not much of the population makes over 100k. It does put you in the upper half and yet you want to label them as uneducated hicks.

I still don't even know who you are comparing to as we have agreed they are at the high end of pro sports. So what's your point? You think college crowds are more educated because they are coleges? Thats aggie biased. Most crowds aren't like TAMU crowds. Most colleges draw a lot from local community. And having cheaper tickets and fewer games they draw plenty of uneducated sports fans. Look at your typical LSU and Bama and tu crowds. Tons of uneducated non students.

You've also offered no data, no articles and no examples that support your opinion. It's just what you think apparently. Well ok great.....

Hey buddy, let me let you in on something: you have t provided any support that refutes anything I've said. You keep citing things that support a position that NFL fans are better off financially than other pro sport fans. That isn't the argument. And no, education isn't synonymous with income. Yes, there's a correlation in general that those with college degrees make more than those without, but that's a very incomplete way to look at that data. As I said, I think most hard core pro sports fans are dumbasses. That's an opinion. You keep citing data that I think you believe supports your point, but in itself it doesn't. I think you WANT it to, but it doesn't.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

Hey buddy, let me let you in on something: you have t provided any support that refutes anything I've said. You keep citing things that support a position that NFL fans are better off financially than other pro sport fans. That isn't the argument. And no, education isn't synonymous with income. Yes, there's a correlation in general that those with college degrees make more than those without, but that's a very incomplete way to look at that data. As I said, I think most hard core pro sports fans are dumbasses. That's an opinion. You keep citing data that I think you believe supports your point, but in itself it doesn't. I think you WANT it to, but it doesn't.

At least I've provided SOMETHING. All you have is an asinine opinion that you've backed up with nothing but .... well actually nothing.

I don't know if you had your panties offended by one NFL fan one time or what but you've given nothing. You say I haven't proved it wrong... well you haven't proved ANYTHING to begin with. It's BS and you can t back it up.

Nice attempt at deflection though.

Here how about this DATA....NFL fans 11% more likely to have a college degree and 8% more likely to have a post graduate degree than the general population.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2006/09/Issue-11/The-Back-Of-The-Book/Scarborough-Research-Data-On-NFL-Fan-Demographics.aspx
Flexbone
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

At least I've provided SOMETHING. All you have is an asinine opinion that you've backed up with nothing but .... well actually nothing.

I don't know if you had your panties offended by one NFL fan one time or what but you've given nothing. You say I haven't proved it wrong... well you haven't proved ANYTHING to begin with. It's BS and you can t back it up.

Here how about this DATA....NFL fans 11% more likely to have a college degree and 8% more likely to have a post graduate degree than the general population.

http://www.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Daily/Issues/2006/09/Issue-11/The-Back-Of-The-Book/Scarborough-Research-Data-On-NFL-Fan-Demographics.aspx

The GENERAL POPULATION. You're really on a mission to prove to yourself that something you invest your heart and soul is totally ok. Newsflash: the general population in this country is STUPID.

It's an OPINION, and it's shared by many. I don't have to "prove" anything.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

The GENERAL POPULATION. You're really on a mission to prove to yourself that something you invest your heart and soul is totally ok.

Umm I don't know where you got that. I've gone to very occasional pro games. Like 3 total in the last 8 years only when given tickets for FREE. I can't even recall the last one I went to. Maybe a t-giving game 3 years ago. Haven't been to one this year or last for sure. I'm not invested in it. I go to aggie games and I'm a season ticket holder. I'm a much bigger college fan. I just think it's a dumb opinion.
Flexbone
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

The GENERAL POPULATION. You're really on a mission to prove to yourself that something you invest your heart and soul is totally ok.

Umm I don't know where you got that. I've gone to very occasional pro games. Like 3 total in the last 8 years only when given tickets for FREE. I can't even recall the last one I went to. Maybe a t-giving game 3 years ago. Haven't been to one this year or last for sure. I'm not invested in it. I go to aggie games and I'm a season ticket holder. I'm a much bigger college fan. I just think it's a dumb opinion.

Great.
vin1041
AG
But is it Arts?
Credible Source
AG
HTownAg98
Welp, that was fun.
ebdb_bnb
Nice choke boys
FW Declerk
choke? They knew they were gonna lose its what they do.
88jrt06
AG
Carl Hungus said:

Soon....
NOW??????????
Credible Source
AG
That was in response to him laughing at the idea that I would be watching the game from the Ring of honor suites. The picture is posted above. Swing and a miss for you.
88jrt06
AG
Carl Hungus said:

That was in response to him laughing at the idea that I would be watching the game from the Ring of honor suites. The picture is posted above. Swing and a miss for you.
No, for you.

Read the photo caption.
You "unleashed" nada. Certainly not an "insult", per the caption. How is that an "insult"?
I mean, you posted a photo of some crap seats somebody was sitting in while your 'boys choked again.
But....surely THAT'S not what that caption referenced. If so, sorry, overestimated your hyperbole.
Thought you had something entertaining.

No swing/miss...I walked, and scored on a 'boy-clearing "triple".
Credible Source
AG
88jrt06 said:

Carl Hungus said:

No, for you.

Read the photo caption.
You "unleashed" nada. Certainly not an "insult", per the caption. How is that an "insult"?
I mean, you posted a photo of some crap seats somebody was sitting in while your 'boys choked again.
But....surely THAT'S not what that caption referenced. If so, sorry, overestimated your hyperbole.
Thought you had something entertaining.

No swing/miss...I walked, and scored on a 'boy-clearing "triple".

You're embarrassing yourself. You're allowed to just stop posting on the subject.
Wyoming Aggie
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Zombie Jon Snow said:

Flexbone said:

Carl Hungus said:

It would be interesting what constitutes being a "fan". I think the poll needs more data points...

For example, there are many types of fans.

I like the Cowboys and will watch another game on TV if there is nothing else going on, but I am nothing close to a diehard. I care infinitely more about college football than I do about the NFL. Hell, HS football is more entertaining to me than the NFL. But I guess you could still call me a fan of the NFL.

I think a better poll would be which do you like better, college or pro football? I think the number of college educated NFL fans would drop dramatically if that was the parameter and had to choose one or the other.

In my experience, the only college educated people I know that prefer the NFL to college are those who didn't go to a Power 5 school thus not really having anything to draw a comparison to. They just default to the NFL.

Conversely, it would be interesting to see, if given the choice, how many people that are college educated prefer college to the NFL. I think in general you have a much more sophisticated fan at a college football game (notwithstanding the Alabama's and Auburn's of the world where the college game is the only game in town).

You can't tell me though that you don't see a stark difference on TV when the camera pans the crowd at a Cowboys game versus a college game. It's like you're panning the crowd of a casino at many pro venues where many of the people there are spending their paycheck to be at the game.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.