Worst Longhorn team this year?

6,239 Views | 33 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by MooreTrucker
Hand Of God
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Football: 5-7
Basketball: currently 10-17
Baseball: started 0-1

Have the big 3 ever been simultaneously worse at Texas?
HTownAg98
Yes. 1997-1998.
Football 4-7
Basketball 14-17
Baseball 29-22
Rec
AG
So there still a good chance for worst ever composite?
BRAVEAG
I only care about the dominant 3
Cross Country
Equestrian
Women's beach Volleyball
txjortsagent
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Yes. 1997-1998.
Football 4-7
Basketball 14-17
Baseball 29-22

Basketball and baseball will both be worse this year. Mark it.
landman1
Not sure yet what to think on baseball, but the basketball team will be lucky to win 5 more games this season. Absolutely horrible.
Hand Of God
AG
Bump for update
AggieTFA06
AG
Hand Of God said:

Football: 5-7 (LOST TO KANSAS)
Basketball: currently 10-17
Baseball: started 0-1

Have the big 3 ever been simultaneously worse at Texas?
FIFY

It's a special kind of bad when you lose to 1 win kansas to make them 2 win kansas
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
goodAg80
AG
AgOutsideAustin
AG
Basketball surprises me a lot. I thought highly of Shaka after couple of his tournament runs.
AggieTFA06
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Basketball surprises me a lot. I thought highly of Shaka after couple of his tournament runs.
Agreed. Smart isn't looking so smart.
To 1,000,000 touchdowns ...and beyond
wbt5845
AG
Texas just sucking in all the major sports this year. The new normal.

Football - 5-7 overall, 3-6 in conference
Basketball - 10-17 overall, 4-10 in conference
Baseball - opened 1-2 against Rice
LonghornDub
Wait'll next year. It's always darkest right hit before it goes completely black. It takes longer to build something than to tear it down. Thanks again, Powers, Patterson, and Chuckles.
God made the country, and man made the town. William Cowper

brainman5000
AG
wbt5845 said:

Texas just sucking in all the major sports this year. The new normal.

Football - 5-7 overall, 3-6 in conference
Basketball - 10-17 overall, 4-10 in conference
Baseball - opened 1-2 against Rice

They went 2-2 against Rice, Saturday was a DH. At the beginning of the series, folks on the Shag were just hoping for a split. So, yes... the new normal.
W
AG
generally speaking in all 3 sports...the #1 problem is recruiting. The current coaches (and former coaches) have had a difficult time recruiting star players to the 40 acres. They used to come in droves in all 3 sports 10 years ago. Not the case anymore. Especially in the past 5 years
wbt5845
AG
One issue Texas has is that they've become an inner city school. The area around campus kinda sucks and is rough to live in. To move into an area that's nice takes $$$ and only the football players get that.

When my son had his official visit, his first comment was "dang this school is in a crappy part of town".
McInnis80
It's been awhile since I have been on campus. What happened? Have students been priced out of near campus housing? I remember that South Riverside was a favorite location for students. Where does the average UT student live these days?

I think a lot of the students don't care about sports like they did 20 years ago. Part of this is the 10% rule where kids who were raised on the Burnt Orange Kool Aid aren't able to attend UT. Also recent losing does not help. It takes a lot when a school in Austin in no longer the hot place for 5 star athletes. Appreciate it DeLoss. Could be all the corn belt road trips, 11:00 kickoffs and the what station has the Texas game on it sweepstakes has taken its toll. Also look where the students sit for football and baseball games. Why bother? That could be why they haven't sold out their tickets for the last two years against their "rival".

The eyes of Texas are upon you, except when they are looking at their smart phones.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
HTownAg98 said:

Yes. 1997-1998.
Football 4-7
Basketball 14-17
Baseball 29-22
technically that is better than this year as it stands now.

Collectively now 16-26 = .381
1997-98 was 47-46 = .505

The Wonderer
AG
wbt5845 said:

One issue Texas has is that they've become an inner city school. The area around campus kinda sucks and is rough to live in. To move into an area that's nice takes $$$ and only the football players get that.

When my son had his official visit, his first comment was "dang this school is in a crappy part of town".
Hand Of God
AG
It's official! Texas basketball is officially last in the Big 12.
TAMU77CLAY
AG
Shaka
goodAg80
AG
Hand Of God said:

It's official! Texas basketball is officially last in the Big 12.
American Hardwood
AG
Remember when they to laugh at us for wanting to be mediocre in the SEC. Well, mediocre in the SEC would be a hell of a lot better than being mediocre in the BDF. Who laughs now?
goodAg80
AG
American Hardwood said:

Remember when they to laugh at us for wanting to be mediocre in the SEC. Well, mediocre in the SEC would be a hell of a lot better than being mediocre in the BDF. Who laughs now?

Shaka Khan

HTownAg98
wbt5845 said:

I can see you have not been to this part of Austin in 10 years. When the bare land east of campus is selling for upwards of $50-$75 per square foot, you aren't in a bad part of town.
indy 00
AG
Zombie Jon Snow said:

HTownAg98 said:

Yes. 1997-1998.
Football 4-7
Basketball 14-17
Baseball 29-22
technically that is better than this year as it stands now.

Collectively now 16-26 = .381
1997-98 was 47-46 = .505

By that standard, their baseball record would be overvalued. How about...

Then
Football: .364
Basketball: .452
Baseball: .569
Average winning % then= .462

So far now
Football: .417
Basketball: (10-19) .345
Baseball: (5-3) .625
Average winning % so far now= .462
goodAg80
AG

AgOutsideAustin
AG
^^^^ that does not seem to be very good.
GiveEmHellBill
AG
AgOutsideAustin said:

Same here. I actually thought Shaka would make them a Top 10-15 team again.

It's still early, but it's not been pretty.
goodAg80
AG
It's not the coach. It's the school.
Rocco S
goodAg80 said:

Mother****ing ONE road win between the two sports?

LOL.

Their ****ty AF football team played at KU so I assume that's where the one road win came from, right?
Mathguy64
AG
Sounds like the solution is just to play them all at home. I mean they are the Jones'. They have the pull to make that happen. Why should the mighty Longhorn industrial athletic complex ever be forced to get on a bus/plane/train? You dont make the king take a road trip to visit his servants. The servants travel to the king.
Zombie Jon Snow
AG
mathguy86 said:

Sounds like the solution is just to play them all at home. I mean they are the Jones'. They have the pull to make that happen. Why should the mighty Longhorn industrial athletic complex ever be forced to get on a bus/plane/train? You dont make the king take a road trip to visit his servants. The servants travel to the king.

And that powerful HOME record is only 15-9.

4-2 in football wins are UTEP and ISU and BU and ND - so not a single win vs. a team over .500 (BU was 6-6 regular season)

Lost to WVU and TCU (also 6-6 regular season)

11-7 in basketball .

WOW

nu awlins ag
AG
Is this Shaka's second year? If so, he turnt the wrong corner....
MooreTrucker
AG
HTownAg98 said:

wbt5845 said:

I can see you have not been to this part of Austin in 10 years. When the bare land east of campus is selling for upwards of $50-$75 per square foot, you aren't in a bad part of town.
The one time we went for a semi-official visit (back in 2008 or so) we were on the side of campus where Urban Outfitters and Tylers is - that was a big hot spot for teens back then, a "we have to go there". And that alone, the crazy freakshow homeless (or just excessively weird) people hanging out on the sidewalks, was more than enough to convince my kids they never wanted to go to tu or live in Austin.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.