Matt Rhule

6,342 Views | 45 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by marble rye
Aggies Revenge
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
To Failor.
DifferenceMaker Ag
I hear he is trying to coax Bill Cosby to accept the offensive coordinator job.
CDUB98
AG
WHO?
Aggies Revenge
AG
CDUB98 said:

WHO?
Temple coach.
Flashdiaz
AG
He did play at Penn State while Sandusky was prowling around.... probably knows a thing or two about covering stuff up.
Matsui
AG
excellent hire!
ham98
Surprised he took a job at a badly damaged program.
wbt5845
AG
this is as good a hire as they could have hoped for.
redd38
AG
Is that Ja Rule's brother?
P.C. Principal
Objectively this is a good hire by Baylor.
The Collective
AG
Any experience in Texas?
StephenvilleAg77
Kevin Steele 2.0
aggiehawg
AG
He's going to need a lot of JUCO players, STAT!
redd38
AG
Doesn't seem like a bad hire other than the lack of Texas ties, so his recruiting might start a little slow to go along with 2 basically non-existent classes. So I'm not sure he'll get enough time at Baylor to put together a decent class before he gets canned in 4-5 years.
GAC06
AG
That's not a bad hire for them. Surprised that someone like him would take it though. That's a major rebuild, and things could get worse before they get better. They lost their best from their 2016 class, 2017 doesn't exist, and they've put basically no effort into 2018, which they will be starting from scratch.
aggiehawg
AG
GAC06 said:

That's not a bad hire for them. Surprised that someone like him would take it though. That's a major rebuild, and things could get worse before they get better. They lost their best from their 2016 class, 2017 doesn't exist, and they've put basically no effort into 2018, which they will be starting from scratch.
Why I said he needs to be looking at JUCOs for the short term.
88jrt06
AG
Baylor heard "Temple".

Thought: Jewish school. That'll work.

Re-branding campaign: "Baylor: Now with Judeo-Christian ethics."

Oy Vey.
McInnis80
I always thought Temple was a black hole of college football. Urban school without an on campus stadium. I don't think Philadelphia city is known for producing football players. He beat Penn State in the past and won the AAC this year, which is by far the best G5 league. Don't know if he will bring his staff, but he needs to start recruiting for next year. This year will be just junior college players.

I don't know if anyone has had a reality talk with the boosters that the next two years will be back to early 2000's on the Brazos. He can hire some assistants with ties to Texas. If he is smart, he will drop the entire current staff, including support staff. That may be easier said than done.
aggiehawg
AG
McInnis80 said:

I always thought Temple was a black hole of college football. Urban school without an on campus stadium. I don't think Philadelphia city is known for producing football players. He beat Penn State in the past and won the AAC this year, which is by far the best G5 league. Don't know if he will bring his staff, but he needs to start recruiting for next year. This year will be just junior college players.

I don't know if anyone has had a reality talk with the boosters that the next two years will be back to early 2000's on the Brazos. He can hire some assistants with ties to Texas. If he is smart, he will drop the entire current staff, including support staff. That may be easier said than done.
Probably not as hard as you think. This coaching staff has openly defied the BOR, the President (Interim) and the Head Coach (Grobe). Few people will shed a tear among the administration to see them go.
Aggies Revenge
AG
McInnis80 said:

If they coached or staffed under Briles, then he needs to **** can them. They will continue to be a toxic environment as he tries to rebuild the program. No way in hell would I want them anywhere near the program whispering secrets of how great the Briles era was to the players.
bigcat22
AG
Bill Cosby...Temple alum...Baylor... makes sense
Olsen
AG
I never saw this coming. What a surprise.
The Collective
AG
The coaching staff sucked without Art. That should be enough reason to can them all.
Texan1976
Good hire. Has two missing recruiting classes. Tough spot.

Think he runs a pro style type offense.
Joe Exotic
AG
A defensive coach in the big 12 with no Texas recruiting ties.

Ya, great hire
Texan1976
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Ya, great hire
He has coached offense the last ten years.
3 William 56
AG
McInnis80 said:

He beat Penn State in the past and won the AAC this year, which is by far the best G5 league.

I was going to comment that the BDF was the best G5 conference but then remembered UH trouncing their champ and not even finishing in the top 3 of the AAC.
BESCo91
AG
Rhule is a good hire.
Joe Exotic
AG
Texan1976 said:

Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Ya, great hire
He has coached offense the last ten years.

I'm sure Baylors one recruit really gives a ****
Miles Finch
Maybe Baylor thinks Rhule is from Temple, Texas?
Hood
AG
Bayside Tiger Ag said:

Ya, great hire
If you're Baylor post-Art Briles, maybe new ties and relationships are a good thing, yes?
ClassOf17
He really never had a choice
Jaydoug
AG
Making Baylol Baylol again!
Jack Cheese
AG
Amazing Cosby/Sandusky/Baylor trifecta. Amazing.
CrottyKid
AG
They had to have guaranteed him 8 years for him to take that job.
Page 1 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.