Herman Stiffs UH

13,679 Views | 106 Replies | Last: 7 yr ago by Rocky Rider
AggsRule
How long do you want to ignore this user?
aggiehawg
AG
Classy guy. He'll fit right in on the 40 acres.
Orlando Ayala Cant Read
AG
Meh...coaches move on. People need to get over it.
vander54
S
If that's true he is pathetic.
Frisco - Ag
AG
Trash.

AG
It's part of the business....

Herman improved their brand.... They should be thankful...

They should focus on continuing what he started instead of crying about him leaving

They can have Sumlin back if they want him.... Does that help?
chipotle
Orlando Ayala Cant Read said:

NavyAg92
AG
If the above is true, the dudes a d*ck.
aggiehawg
AG
Am I the only one who thinks the sips jumped off of the other side of the boat with this hire?

Go to Strong and his (stolen) "Five Core Values" schtick to draw the contrast with Mack's Country Club for Football Players. Then reverse course and go full gangsta with Herman?
pikedawg
The use of the phrase "tu" is literally the stupidest thing ever. Guy's not even an Ag.
03_Aggie
His day of reckoning is coming. the media will be leading a charge for his firing as soon as they sense he is no better than strong.
welborn
BCG left a Cadillac at the airport when he left for Kentucky. He didn't even make a phone call.

The towing company unveiled that truth.

S*** happens coogs. Deal with it.
BillYeoman
aggiehawg
AG
BillYeoman said:

Explorer?? No wonder he left.
Olsen
AG
coug high needs to get over Herman like they got over Sumlin and Briles. Being a stepping stone university is your destiny in college football.
Aggie_Eric98
AG
But it has the premium wheels upgrade
BillYeoman
aggiehawg said:

BillYeoman said:

Explorer?? No wonder he left.

Golden Nugget unpaid tabs get you in an Explorer...
Aggie GIGolo
AG
Touche Bill
ATM9000
AG
Coogs did the same thing when Sumlin left. Everything was puppy dogs and rainbows then they get left? Bunch of stories surface about what a piece of trash the coach is. It's their bit to whine and likely embellish when they get dumped.
AggsRule
He's a tsip at heart, if he was an agg or a coog he would drive an F250 Lariat.
aggiehawg
AG
AggsRule said:

Just surprised it wasn't an Escalade.
BillYeoman
AggsRule said:

He will get a burnt orange Hummer in Austin. Hopefully he won't make it part of his pregame rituals with his players...
Liquid Wrench

If someone made you a promise to your face, you might take it a little more personally. I heard conflicting reports from UH boosters, some thought tu was a done deal and others thought they had indications he was staying.
Frok
AG
If you are interviewing for another job and your current employer asks if you are looking would you say yes?

Pretty standard protocol for these coaches to lie.
BillYeoman
Frok said:

If you are interviewing for another job and your current employer asks if you are looking would you say yes?

Pretty standard protocol for these coaches to lie.

Briles and Sumlin cost UH a total of 2 games due to interviewing. Keenum attests to some distraction (Tulsa 2007 under Briles, Sumlin 2011 to S. Miss) and has a good relationship with both coaches. Herman lost to UCONN last year flirting with South Carolina and THIS year to Navy and SMU.
gig_em02
Coogs need to take a lesson from Louisville on how to lock a coach down.
aggiehawg
AG
gig_em02 said:

Coogs need to take a lesson from Louisville on how to lock a coach down.
Nice comparison between Petrino and Herman. Niice. Hadn't thought about that, but it fits.
DAWG DR
AG
pikedawg said:

The use of the phrase "tu" is literally the stupidest thing ever. Guy's not even an Ag.

Neither are you. Was there a point you wanted to make?
Citizen Reign
Franklin Delano Bluth said:

It's part of the business....

Herman improved their brand.... They should be thankful...

They should focus on continuing what he started instead of crying about him leaving

They can have Sumlin back if they want him.... Does that help?
lying is not part of business.
Sq 17
u of h really got ahead of temselves thinking they were going to the b12 Hermann probably would stay if u h could ve gotten into a better conference
pikedawg
DAWG DR said:

pikedawg said:

Neither are you. Was there a point you wanted to make?

Would be glad to DM you a pic of my ring and diploma. Not all Texagers need an AgTag, my friend.

Point I was trying to make is "tu" sounds childish enough, especially if you attended Cougar High.
gA_CMAB_FA

Yup. That's par for the course at the D1 level.

Colleges coaches NEVER reveal their intentions to anyone outside of family and their agent. It's part of the business. This is best for team morale, recruiting, and booster contributions ANY time of the year. What's he supposed to say to his players? "Hey guys keep ballin out there for me cuz I need to look good for Texas or LSU. I don't wanna lose out on that 5mil next year. You understand right?" Or to recruits, "Yeah man, if I'm around I'll definitely give you a chance for some early PT. Keep in mind though that if Texas or LSU come calling, I can't guarantee you the next cat here is gonna do the same. See where I'm coming from?"

When was the last time a D1 coach told the media or their current team they are interested in another job?

For all you critics out there -- Did you ever tell your current employer you are interested in getting a job with a direct competitor?
aggiehawg
AG
Sq 17 said:

u of h really got ahead of temselves thinking they were going to the b12 Hermann probably would stay if u h could ve gotten into a better conference
That was the death knell for Herman at UofH. He had it written into his contract that he was to receive a big payday if Houston was welcomed into a P5 conference.

When Herman's team slapped the Sooners to start the year, Big XII schools got scared. They have never liked real competition. Cowards, all of them. And for some dumb reason, proud of being cowards.

BillYeoman
gA_CMAB_FA said:

Colleges coaches NEVER reveal their intentions to anyone outside of family and their agent. It's part of the business. This is best for team morale, recruiting, and booster contributions ANY time of the year. What's he supposed to say to his players? "Hey guys keep ballin out there for me cuz I need to look good for Texas or LSU. I don't wanna lose out on that 5mil next year. You understand right?" Or to recruits, "Yeah man, if I'm around I'll definitely give you a chance for some early PT. Keep in mind though that if Texas or LSU come calling, I can't guarantee you the next cat here is gonna do the same. See where I'm coming from?"

When was the last time a D1 coach told the media or their current team they are interested in another job?

For all you critics out there -- Did you ever tell your current employer you are interested in getting a job with a direct competitor?

The horns are not a direct competitor. #Htowntakeover

Good luck with August concussions horns.
gA_CMAB_FA
BillYeoman said:

gA_CMAB_FA said:

The horns are not a direct competitor. #Htowntakeover

Good luck with August concussions horns.
Can't give an intelligent response, huh?
Last Page
Page 1 of 4

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.