Ketch gave permission for his subscribers to Dream Big in week 1.

17,122 Views | 82 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by 45-70Ag
Tony Tedeschi
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Lol. Bloviating f***it.

quote:
You have my permission to dream big with the 2016 Texas Longhorns.

Go ahead.

As the resident brake-tapper on Orangebloods, I've been dealing cold water to Texas fans since I gave Garrett Gilbert and the 2010 Longhorns the benefit of the doubt in nightmarish fashion.

Since then, there's been a whole lot of realism (sometimes passed off as pessimism) when it comes to any kind of prediction for the Texas football program. When Texas fans have bathed in the sunshine of 9-3 prognostications, I'm the one over the last five years who handed them a towel in the form of possible seven-wins (or less) season reminders.

So, I feel like when I tell you it's ok to give into the sunshine pumping, it's coming from a place you can trust that doesn't give into going ga-ga over any kind of burnt orange success with the ease of a sixth grader falling in love with the girl sitting next to him in history class. After two weeks of college football action, there are two incredibly important truths as it relates to the ability of this team to win a trophy or two.

These Longhorns are pretty damn good and the conference they play in is not.

It's that simple.

After wins over Notre Dame and UTEP, the Longhorns have dangerous units in every phase of the game with some of the best young, emerging talent in the entire country and, oh yeah, a quarterback who is reminding people of a young Colt McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 looks like a conference that should lose its spot at the big boy table. Already this season, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have taken Ls from the likes of Houston, Arkansas, Central Michigan and Arizona State, respectively. Frankly, I'm willing to give the Sooners the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of these teams all look like rubbish. In what was supposed to be a quiet week in college football because of the lack of quality match-ups, but the Cowboys and Horned Frogs found a way to be the only teams in the country to fall out of both polls after home losses to unranked teams.

I don't know if this Texas team truly has championship chops, but outside of possibly the Sooners, I don't know that there's a team left on the schedule that's as good as the team I've watched the last two weeks at DKR.

It's two weeks into the season, but I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season. Like almost every team in the country not named Alabama, this is a group that might be an injury or two away from trouble, but based on what we've seen thus far, there's no reason to cringe at the thought of thinking big.

Perhaps the stars aren't aligning, but it sure seems like I can see Orion's Belt from here.

You have my permission to dream big.

~Ketch
Shawdawg
AG
I wonder if he is dreaming of Pluckers right about now?
brainman5000
AG
Never thought I'd see the day the sips would brag about a win over UTEP. I guess this was written before the Miners were blown out at home against the fearsome West Point Black Knights..?
Smithjg
quote:

Perhaps the stars aren't aligning, but it sure seems like I can see Orion's Belt from here.

~Ketch
Orion's Belt is the only belt he has seen in the last 40 years!!
goodAg80
AG
It looks like Ketch choked on his journalist prognostication like Mama Cass choked on a ham sandwich. California dreaming....
AGBOOSTER
Y'all gotta give the fat boy credit for getting this prediction right;-
quote:
Meanwhile, the Big 12 looks like a conference that should lose its spot at the big boy table.
And another:-
quote:
It's two weeks into the season, but I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season.
sips to get Armed Forces Bowl invite. Mark it down.
Sapper Redux
quote:
In what was supposed to be a quiet week in college football because of the lack of quality match-ups, but the Cowboys and Horned Frogs found a way to be the only teams in the country to fall out of both polls after home losses to unranked teams.

Does this **** count as English?
Science Denier
AG

Started writing that as he took his first wing.

Was done with this plate before finishing that stupid post.

Do you think he bothers eating the veggies?
Science Denier
AG

How do you get that fat right after getting staples put in your gut? I mean, damn.
Nuke_Ag05
AG
Why does that idiot feel like he always has to write in riddles and over-inflated symbolism? He's trying way to hard as well as tryin it to make himself into something he's not. Maybe it's low self-esteem or over inflated self-perception.
RyanAg08
AG
quote:
quote:

~Ketch

***ing fat ass doesn't even know his astronomy. The stars in Orion's belt aren't actually aligned. They only look that way from our perspective.
Joe Exotic
AG
How could that dumbass see their defense in week one and not think they are still bad?
Ragoo
AG
And he claims to not be a fan to protect his journalistic integrity.
Schrute
That fat lard is a damn joke
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
Why doesn't he sign it "Fat Ketch"? Sounds like he's being a little disingenuous.
Waffledynamics
AG
That sixth grader analogy.
Jock 07
AG
Just waiting for the picture of the roller coaster plummeting off the tracks like they used to make for our drop off after starting strong.
Garrelli 5000
AG
Whomever gave him a passing grade in his english/journalism classes at texas state should be fired.

It never ceases to amaze me how god awful he is at writing. Every article he delivers is nothing but run-on sentences and idiotic analogies.

He tries so hard to be profound and witty but ends up sounding like a 4th grader who just discovered puns.
Muy
AG
quote:
quote:

~Ketch

This post right here is what made OR.
DallasAg 94
quote:
Lol. Bloviating f***it.

quote:

It's that simple.

I don't know that there's a team left on the schedule that's as good as the team I've watched the last two weeks at DKR.

You should have highlighted the whole line. "The conference they play in is NOT."

Moment of truth for Sips. The conference is NOT good. OU may be the only team more talented than the Sips, who is left on the Sips schedule.

HOWEVER... how many of those game are they going to lose. 3? In a conference he describes as not very good... Strong still can't do well.
Humorous Username
AG
quote:

As the resident brake-tapper on Orangebloods, I've been dealing cold water to Texas fans...

(Removed:11023A)
AG
quote:
quote:
quote:

~Ketch

***ing fat ass doesn't even know his astronomy. The stars in Orion's belt aren't actually aligned. They only look that way from our perspective.

Actually it's perfect that he used that analogy since tu is all smoke and mirrors......it's fitting that he uses something that only "looks like" when in reality it's not!!
Brazos Born
Next stop. . . Pluckers!
FNG
quote:
Next stop. . . Pluckers!

Driving that car takes effort.

No way that analogy works for Ketch.
The Notorious A.G.G.I.E.
AG
chigger
AG
How in the hell does this guy have a job in an industry that doesn't involve anything other than a fry grill? People actually subscribe and pay for that?
dreyOO
The readers pay for his salary. All $11.50/hr
AG @ HEART
quote:
I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season.

I do
quote:

AG @ HEART

quote:
Quote:
You have my permission to dream big with the 2016 Texas Longhorns.

Go ahead.

As the resident brake-tapper on Orangebloods, I've been dealing cold water to Texas fans since I gave Garrett Gilbert and the 2010 Longhorns the benefit of the doubt in nightmarish fashion.

Since then, there's been a whole lot of realism (sometimes passed off as pessimism) when it comes to any kind of prediction for the Texas football program. When Texas fans have bathed in the sunshine of 9-3 prognostications, I'm the one over the last five years who handed them a towel in the form of possible seven-wins (or less) season reminders.

So, I feel like when I tell you it's ok to give into the sunshine pumping, it's coming from a place you can trust that doesn't give into going ga-ga over any kind of burnt orange success with the ease of a sixth grader falling in love with the girl sitting next to him in history class. After two weeks of college football action, there are two incredibly important truths as it relates to the ability of this team to win a trophy or two.

It's that simple.

After wins over Notre Dame and UTEP, the Longhorns have dangerous units in every phase of the game with some of the best young, emerging talent in the entire country and, oh yeah, a quarterback who is reminding people of a young Colt McCoy.

Meanwhile, the Big 12 looks like a conference that should lose its spot at the big boy table. Already this season, Oklahoma, TCU, Oklahoma State and Texas Tech have taken Ls from the likes of Houston, Arkansas, Central Michigan and Arizona State, respectively. Frankly, I'm willing to give the Sooners the benefit of the doubt, but the rest of these teams all look like rubbish. In what was supposed to be a quiet week in college football because of the lack of quality match-ups, but the Cowboys and Horned Frogs found a way to be the only teams in the country to fall out of both polls after home losses to unranked teams.

I don't know if this Texas team truly has championship chops, but outside of possibly the Sooners, I don't know that there's a team left on the schedule that's as good as the team I've watched the last two weeks at DKR.

It's two weeks into the season, but I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season. Like almost every team in the country not named Alabama, this is a group that might be an injury or two away from trouble, but based on what we've seen thus far, there's no reason to cringe at the thought of thinking big.

You have my permission to dream big.

~Ketch

Muy
AG
quote:
quote:
I don't see any reason why this team won't be playing for important things late in the season.

I do
quote:

Important, like trying to save their coach's job important?
Nixter
AG
quote:
What an imbecilic turd.

From five star brisket to coaching searches to tell your grandchildren about, all he has done is a constant pump and an occasional hedge.

The entire clown show that is sip fan sites is wall to wall dip$#|7s, and he is their king.
FNG
quote:
How in the hell does this guy have a job in an industry that doesn't involve anything other than a fry grill? People actually subscribe and pay for that?

What restaurant is going to look at him and say "Yes, we can trust you with a cooler full of food in back"?
Tony Tedeschi
LOL...He's a tune-changing fa***t today.
quote:

Let's face it, college football is a sport that has been trending towards high-scoring offense for years and there are going to be games in almost every season when an 80+ point shootout will break out that would make an old school coach like Darrell Royal blush. Hell, for the last nine months, I've had this game circled on the calendar as a possible trouble spot on the Texas schedule because of the fact that Texas has been shaky on the road under Charlie Strong and Cal has just enough going for it on offense to make a coin-flip shootout possible.

A 50-43 type game was always a possibility, especially if Cal quarterback Davis Webb got super hot, so even those of us who were drinking the burnt orange Kool-Aid after an exciting 2-0 start knew what loomed over the California hills on Saturday night.
Bonfire1996
AG
So, a few hours after saying this:
quote:
He says this:
quote:
even those of us who were drinking the burnt orange Kool-Aid after an exciting 2-0 start knew what loomed over the California hills on Saturday night.
Um. That's pretty bad dude, even for your fat ass
goodAg80
AG
quote:

Pulitzer. Give it to him. Who else could mix in so many metaphors as deftly?

Brakes, Card Dealing, Cold Water, Nightmares. The average citizen would be stumped by the smorgasbord of English language words, but Ketch 's Swiss-army brain can digest and crank-out sentences like a tornado sucks up and rearranges mobile homes.
Last Page
Page 1 of 3

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.