NSIAP Baylor stole Texags

38,244 Views | 312 Replies | Last: 8 yr ago by aggiesq
AgLaw02
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I'm dying! Baylor message boards always crack me up. https://sicem365.com/forums/new/2/166/1654/quote
quote:
As we get hype for the start of the season I want to celebrate the conference I've been following for nearly my whole life. I've started a list of why the Big XII is the nation's best conference. Add your own reasons below.

1. It's based in Texas. It gives us regional match-ups people actually care about. Sure, tv anchors always hype games with "blue blood" programs, but in college football there just isn't as much passion there as there is in rivalry games. A game against Ohio State or Florida will never generate the passion of a game against the TCUs, Texas Tech's and Oklahoma State's, simply because of geography. We work and live with grads of those schools, making the match-ups meaningful.

2. Central Time Zone. Enough said. Our games are on when people can actually watch. That's a big disadvantage to the PAC-12. The SEC and BIG have more prime time games, but that's overrated. Games that start after 6:00 run the risk of running long-past when some fans will be getting ready for bed. Games at noon, or even 11:00 are perfect.

3. Strength of Schedule. It's just right. We play 9 conference games against legit Power 5 schools. And if some of the schools aren't exactly world-beaters
(looking at you, Kansas), that just gives us more flexibility to schedule interesting and challenging non-conference showdowns.

4. Travel. Baylor nation has a fantastic reputation of traveling to rep our school at away games, which is especially impressive given our small/medium student population. The geographically compact nature of the conference--focused in Texas/Oklahoma makes it all possible.

5. Stability. We've had turnover in recent years, but now we're a conference that up-and-coming future blue-blood programs want to be a part of. What other conference has schools falling over themselves to join? The grant of rights agreement is a big plus here. Some conferences have no penalty at all to leave. That means it's a house of cards that could fall apart any minute. The SEC appears stable, but without a grant of rights, crazy stuff can happen. Texas A&M and Arkansas could decide to come back to the Big XII/SWC days if they want to recruit Texas better. Florida could decide to join its rival in the ACC. Tennessee could skip to the BIG. It may sound far fetched, but 1 school with a wandering eye could bring the whole thing down.
Schrute
COR (Culture of Rape)
Definitely Not A Cop
AG
Stability.
End Of Message
AG
Travel.
7565_Ag
Baylol is hyping this video called "Fight for Every Inch" this year. Coeds need to be aware of this...

schwack schwack
AG

who?mikejones
AG
quote:
I'm dying! Baylor message boards always crack me up. https://sicem365.com/forums/new/2/166/1654/quote
quote:
As we get hype for the start of the season I want to celebrate the conference I've been following for nearly my whole life. I've started a list of why the Big XII is the nation's best conference. Add your own reasons below.

1. It's based in Texas. It gives us regional match-ups people actually care about. Sure, tv anchors always hype games with "blue blood" programs, but in college football there just isn't as much passion there as there is in rivalry games. A game against Ohio State or Florida will never generate the passion of a game against the TCUs, Texas Tech's and Oklahoma State's, simply because of geography. We work and live with grads of those schools, making the match-ups meaningful.

2. Central Time Zone. Enough said. Our games are on when people can actually watch. That's a big disadvantage to the PAC-12. The SEC and BIG have more prime time games, but that's overrated. Games that start after 6:00 run the risk of running long-past when some fans will be getting ready for bed. Games at noon, or even 11:00 are perfect.

3. Strength of Schedule. It's just right. We play 9 conference games against legit Power 5 schools. And if some of the schools aren't exactly world-beaters
(looking at you, Kansas), that just gives us more flexibility to schedule interesting and challenging non-conference showdowns.

4. Travel. Baylor nation has a fantastic reputation of traveling to rep our school at away games, which is especially impressive given our small/medium student population. The geographically compact nature of the conference--focused in Texas/Oklahoma makes it all possible.

5. Stability. We've had turnover in recent years, but now we're a conference that up-and-coming future blue-blood programs want to be a part of. What other conference has schools falling over themselves to join? The grant of rights agreement is a big plus here. Some conferences have no penalty at all to leave. That means it's a house of cards that could fall apart any minute. The SEC appears stable, but without a grant of rights, crazy stuff can happen. Texas A&M and Arkansas could decide to come back to the Big XII/SWC days if they want to recruit Texas better. Florida could decide to join its rival in the ACC. Tennessee could skip to the BIG. It may sound far fetched, but 1 school with a wandering eye could bring the whole thing down.

This might be the most perfect troll post I've ever seen.
Spotted Ag
AG
Dammit, Chip Gaines is taken.
schwack schwack
AG
quote:

Time to make it POD?
7565_Ag
quote:
quote:

Time to make it POD?

Already starred it
schwack schwack
AG
That was too easy.

Schrute
quote:
quote:

Time to make it POD?

Blue Star COR's response as well. Spot on!
7565_Ag
Username "Rebecca Liddicoat" has been indefinitely banned...
The Fife
quote:
I think the site is sporting about an 80:20 troll to legit poster ratio.
That's an elite troll to legit ratio!
End Of Message
AG
Not including the mods, I count about 5 legit posters so far.
Raid05
AG
Allbaylordoesisrape checking in, I'm sure I'll get the ban hammer right after my first post.
Canyon99
AG
DaveBliss was banned overnight.
Muy
AG
**************** in the house
schwack schwack
AG
The whole Big XII is the best thread is gone. WTF. Wiped out all the PODs we worked so hard to achieve.

7565_Ag
The thread about the greatness of the BDF was deleted. Some thin-skinned, paranoid *****es over there...
aggiehawg
AG
LOL. I can almost understand why they hate us so much. Tough launch day for the bears.
jja79
AG
I was piling up some stars on that one.
schwack schwack
AG
quote:
The thread about the greatness of the BDF was deleted. Some thin-skinned, paranoid *****es over there...

pimplepopper
AG
Well just like TexAgs, all the posts of the day are dominated by premium.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
AgLaw02
AG
quote:
My heart is full.
Spotted Ag
AG
If you don't want to lose your usernames STOP POSTING ABOUT IT HERE
The Collective
AG
quote:
LOL. I can almost understand why they hate us so much. Tough launch day for the bears.

They are getting hits. I don't see any reason they should complain.
Roadhouse
AG
This guy Ted is promoting his "Ted Talks" on his for profit website. Feel free to join me in letting TED know about the trademark infringement at partnerships@ted.com. Surprised Randolph Duke isn't already picking this low hanging fruit.
dixichkn
AG
quote:
4. Travel. Baylor nation has a fantastic reputation of traveling to rep our school at away games
From the school that brought approx 800 people to the last game at Kyle. A 90 mile drive.
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
quote:

They are getting hits. I don't see any reason they should complain.
We giveth and then we can just as easily taketh away. It's in the Bible, they might be familiar with the concept.

I love TexAgs.
schwack schwack
AG
Herc Hunt banned indefinitely.
Coppell97
AG
They probably love us. Providing great site traffic. Further genius from TexAgs management:

1) license the look of TexAgs for another school site;
2) TexAgs users go to site and generate incredible traffic;
3) ??????
4) Profit
Mathguy64
AG
Rae Pinger didn't make the cut. He's devastated.
Spotted Ag
AG
Drayton McLane has been cut. He's gonna take his letters off the toilet bowl.
txjortsagent
AG
T&P for Emepar, rehepar and mihepar

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.