Sips on Orangebloods are convinced they are joining the SEC with OU

59,657 Views | 382 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by LOYAL AG
mulch
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
quote:
Sec is open to "expand its sec network". Backdoor talks of 3 devoted channels on espn side. One with ut, a&m, lsu, ark and ou. Miss, alabama, tenn, vandy and kentucky would get the other and uga, uf, sc, and missou would get the other.

Again, this is farther along than is being led. I wouldnt be surprised if sec uses Ou as leverage to bring in Ut.

As much as they hate us, some of a&ms big brass understands the realionship brtween UT /a&m and its value. Publicly they bash us, but i wouldnt be surprised if they are ok with ur joining.

For now only a&m and ark have shown concern about this happening.

quote:
cdunagan051 said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1348980#post-1348980][/url]
quote:
Can you be specific on what the intentions of the SEC are? Explain it to me like I'm a 5 year old kid.

I don't know specifics...exactly what I've posted...ESPN and IMG are the ones fluffing the feathers on this. SEC knows they own houston TV market..you bring in UT+OU and you bring in san antonio/austin/waco corridor + dallas/ftworth + oklahoma city/tulsa. check these ratings(while form 2012), they haven't changed much...thats a lot of $$$$$$

While yes, ideally they want that DC market, ACC has a stronghold of that area because of the basketball presence, and with the new ACC tv deal, they have little doubt any school moves anytime soon.

I asked my family member about the rumor about OU possibly getting voted in soon, and they know nothing of that, however said wouldn't be surprised. SEC knows, if you want to bring UT, you lure them with OU. UT would be a disaster if it went away from its 2 biggest rivals...

look at what it did to recruiting, and how long its taken UT to get back up(yes i know it also has to do with product on the field, but that can only take you so far.) Again, look at the AD and the new president, BOR and the three amigos spear heading our athletic department. They are great business leaders. In business, money talks, and not a bigger cash cow than the SEC...numbers being thrown around by img/espn project school payouts of about 40-45 mill per school.

schwack schwack
AG

The Collective
mulch
AG
Thread is 6 pages of Gold. To be fair, there are rational posts like this, but they are quickly snuffed:

quote:
For some time I've been in the camp that says the SEC is a possibility for Texas - but still a remote one, more so than the ACC or the B1G. The fundamental obstacle I see isn't the money, or whether the conference wants us; it's whether the other SEC schools will vote to bring us onboard. This is especially true if OU goes without us first.

What incentive do A&M, LSU, Arkansas, Alabama, Auburn, and maybe Oklahoma have to let us in, when they know the chances of our becoming the 800-lb. gorilla in the room would go up dramatically?
The Collective
AG
It's funny how the SEC looks like a sweet place to be all of a sudden...
hunter2012
AG
Here's the 14 presidents voting on it:

I thought that the sips don't want to degrade themselves with the SEC, are they no longer elite enough?
SlackerAg
AG
Big 12 Media Days just finished & everyone's ready to leave?
Couldn't they pick up the phone "to call Slive & kick us out"?
Señor Chang
AG
quote:
Oklahoma have to let us in

So now OU is going to let UT into the SEC? How the hell do they come up with this stuff?
APHIS AG
All of that talk on their boards and all I hear is crickets from the mainstream media.

When it was "rumored" that we were leaving, that was all the media was reporting.

Their level of delusion really has no bounds and proves that meth is a brutal drug.
rocky the dog
AG
quote:
SEC knows they own houston TV market..you bring in UT+OU and you bring in san antonio/austin/waco corridor + dallas/ftworth + oklahoma city/tulsa.
They can forget San Antonio. UT and OU can't pry eyes away when the Spurs are on TV.
Kceovaisnt-
AG
I am guessing one of you SOBs are trolling them. Solid effort.

Lets see how long this goes for. Please feel free to post more gold.
mulch
AG
quote:
quote:
squarebush said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1346082#post-1346082][/url]
quote:
You obviously don't know what makes the SEC special. The only reason ATM and Missouri were let it in because it was beneficial to EVERYONE in the conference. They expanded their footprint into different states. What does adding Texas do for Florida? Tennessee? etc . Nothing but make the tv money pie smaller. They already have every subscriber in the state of Texas paying for the SEC network. Adding Texas or even Oklahoma doesn't make any sense financially for the rest of the schools. It is as simple as that.

Texas makes the money pie smaller?!? You really buy the argument that the SEC's in state cable rate is the be all end all money wise? The pot gets significantly bigger with Texas. Its about big time matchups. Every SEC West game that Texas played would be one of the highest rated college broadcasts of the week on any station. Texas moves the needle...**** does not

aggiehawg
AG
quote:
It's funny how the SEC looks like a sweet place to be all of a sudden...
No s***! WTH happened to "poor academic-cheatin'-SEC"???

Such liars.

The Collective
AG
quote:
Every SEC West game that Texas played would be one of the highest rated college broadcasts of the week on any station. Texas moves the needle...**** does not

I can read this with a huge **** eating grin on my face these days.
mulch
AG
quote:
Mrrman said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1348002#post-1348002][/url]
quote:
So you are of the idea that LSU and Arkansas would view Texas-to-the-SEC as beneficial to their programs?

I disagree but please explain to me how they'd view that as anything but threatening... Despite the increase in revenue (but less revenue than the unlikely scenario of ACC teams).

In the end, I think the confrences as they are today will look the same in 10 years. From there who knows..

Arky fandom were like kids before Christmas about the Texas Bowl. They have never gotten a rival in the SEC that matches the rivalry they had with Texas. Whatever threat Texas and OU pose is partially offset by the fact that Bama and Auburn would move east and thus eliminate two difficult ballgames.
APHIS AG
quote:
Every SEC West game that Texas played would be one of the highest rated college broadcasts of the week on any station. Texas moves the needle...**** does not.

Like I said, meth is a brutal drug
mulch
AG
quote:
GetOffMyDitka said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1348305#post-1348305][/url]
quote:
My wife's side of my family are LSU purple and gold, thru-and-thru, they love the thought of adding Texas and OU to the SEC. They love the idea even more if you move Bama and Auburn to the East!

I know a lot of LSU people who love the idea.

mulch
AG
quote:
Mrrman said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1348470#post-1348470][/url]
quote:
Not to come off as sounding like a dick here but these are two points that mean absolutely nothing at the end of the day.

It may be anecdotal. But, I don't think LSU will have to do much selling to get its fanbase behind annual games against Texas and OU. Have you noticed all the complaining about how boring our scheduling is? That's out the window in a big way, for everyone, if this went through.

The administration is going to reflect the wishes of its alumni and boosters at the end of the day. Unless you can point me to significant grouping that would oppose it, other than just the idea that "it makes things tougher" then I don't think your argument is on solid footing. LSU has always scheduled hard and has recruited in everyone's backyard.

Mrrman said: [url=http://texas.forums.rivals.com/threads/ou-has-plans-to-leave-for-sec.43038/goto/post?id=1348470#post-1348470][/url]
quote:
Again, at the end of the day, today, all of this talk is really just filler for off-season boredom. Until OU proves it has a ball sack big enough to give Texas, OKST, and the OK state legislature the middle finger this is nothing more than arguing to argue

The B12 is likely here to stay for awhile and that is heavily due to the warts that are Baylor, Texas Tech and OKST. Good or bad, Texas and OU are likely stuck right where they are for the next decade or two at a minimum. A&M leaving really tightened the strings on Texas; there was enough wiggle room for one of the two (A&M/Texas) to leave without killing the dwarfs but no way they can survive without either of them. That, plus the fact that the Texas administration is happy where it is today; it seems that keeps being forgotten in these threads on OB ...

UCF and BYU will join the B12, OU will get their championship game, and everyone will play nice for 10-20 years (unless a la carte come along and kills everyone's' sand castle and we all start from scratch...)

Again...if a scenario can be created where Texas and OU leave while simultaneously killing the Big XII, I think it can be done. There are scenarios where the Pac 12 and B1G snatch up enough teams to do just that.

All that being said, I don't think even the GOR will stop us if the Big XII were to somehow survive us leaving. Looking at the Maryland model, I think a $30 million check to get us out would pay for itself in a few years.
Maroon Dawn
AG
But...but...The Big 12 is the greatest conference on earth because it is the official home of By God Texas Football and The Traditional Texas Rivalries! Any move to the SEC is a huge mistake because of its terrible academics, cheating athletics and hillbilly culture!

Why are they so discontent with home games against tard, Iowa State, KSU and WVU that they want a hillbilly schedule like A&M, LSU, Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn and Bama?

LOL but all kidding aside, you sips are never ever getting in so you better preorder those Big 12 season tickets before they're all gone!
ABATTBQ11
AG
Too bad they don't have $30 million laying around...
El Nino in Londontown
AG
quote:
quote:
Every SEC West game that Texas played would be one of the highest rated college broadcasts of the week on any station. Texas moves the needle...**** does not

They're so ****ing stupid.
ABATTBQ11
AG
And what about all of the "cheating" in the SEC? I thought they were too good for that and it made us a perfect fit 3 years ago? Did we clean up the conference or something?
Muy
AG
the SEC is rolling in it, they are dominating the Texas market with just A&M, and they don't have to deal with the sips to get it. why in the hell would they ever think of ruining that?
mulch
AG
quote:
SEC wants Texas. Texas doesn't want SEC. So, SEC recruits away all relevant competition and resigns Texas to either go it alone, as has Notre Dame, or go to a lesser conference. In either scenario, it enhances SEC's ability to dominate recruiting in Texas, which was, in large part, why they wanted us to begin with.
Don't like the LHN very much, and when I think about what is has and is costing us in relevance, going forward, I like it even less.
who?mikejones
AG
quote:
quote:
SEC wants Texas. Texas doesn't want SEC. So, SEC recruits away all relevant competition and resigns Texas to either go it alone, as has Notre Dame, or go to a lesser conference. In either scenario, it enhances SEC's ability to dominate recruiting in Texas, which was, in large part, why they wanted us to begin with.
Don't like the LHN very much, and when I think about what is has and is costing us in relevance, going forward, I like it even less.

AndersHolmvik
AG
Is this where the sip tears go?

quote:
All of the kids we recruit live and have always lived in a world where Baylor is a much better football school than Texas. Before some smart guy comes in saying that 16-18 years ago we were better than Baylor, about 99% of these kids don't pay any attention to college football until they start getting recruited, so between 14-16 years old. We have no room to talk $#@! about anyone, really. It doesn't matter that we used to be better than Baylor, we no longer are, and it isn't close.
AndersHolmvik
AG
It appears they have figured out the whole tear down/ not tear down thing in Austin

quote:

Originally Posted by UTEX_ME
Brian Davis @BDavisAAS 45m45 minutes ago
Texas RB Johnathan Gray said Strong gave players a sheet with Bielema's "borderline erotic" comments. Said they threw it in trash.

Nonregdrummer09
AG
I'm going to say this again because I know this from people who would know: OU to the SEC is a fantasy, there is zero movement on this except for OU fans pleasuring themselves to the idea. No one has talked to OU about joining the SEC at this time. As an extension, it's highly unlikely that the sips would be any closer than OU. This is all message board fluff.
W
AG
the sips are delusions and then some
goodAg80
AG
This is bull****. They would not join a conference with redneck accountants.
hunter2012
AG
quote:
quote:

What makes it great is not only does **** move the needle, it's the sips and the step children that are moving the needle... do they think that just because they root against us they don't don't count as viewers?
Kceovaisnt-
AG
Someone please correct me if I am wrong. Assuming that rediculous statement about Texas moving the needle is correct, isn't the conference distribution based on subscribers in the state footprint. My understanding is actual viewership or ratings do not add to the pot as far as conference payouts go. Now the networks can charge more for advertizing and thus gain more revenue with higher viewership but none of those dollars are allocated to conference distributions. Is this correct?
hunter2012
AG
If it is, it's marginal at best. Subscriptions are the moneymaker for the SECN.

Remember this is the only way the sips can add value. So money from ads would have to exceed splitting the pie by another slice, because they don't grow the footprint. So would sips bring +$32M in additional ad revenue? I think that answer is obvious.
TXAGBQ76
AG
What does tu or blowu bring to the table? The SEC already owns both TV sets in mobilehoma and Austin had the largest viewership of Aggie and SEC games in general. No needle mover from either one.
If tthe SEC expands, it will be Eastward and most likely North Carolina and Viriginia based teams- i.e. new eyeballs- the SEC already has okie and Texas eyeballs.
mulch
AG

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.