Joe Wickline in action folks - they don't call him the best for nothing

9,740 Views | 56 Replies | Last: 4 yr ago by ccatag
Carlos_Magnuson
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
I literally watched that loop for 5 solid minutes. The C/RT dance is the best thing I have seen in a long time.
staticdoor
AG
that was hysterical
Some Junkie Cosmonaut
AG
great point made by fig96 on premium...

quote:
quote:
Wickline doing work! Holy ****! Watch the center.

http://www.gfycat.com/SmallMasculineBabirusa#

Relevant point that hasn't been made: look at the scoreboard and clock. This was the FIRST PLAY OF THE GAME.

If there is one play where your entire offense is going to be on the same page, it's the first play of the preplanned play script that you've been working on all week. Doh.

Deputy Travis Junior
quote:
That's some awesome o-line action!

By the way, I'm confused, is wickline the OC? or just OC in name only?
Whatever his job is, he isn't doing it.
khkman22
AG
Who does #74 think he is supposed to block? If he is pulling, he should be clearing somebody out. I assume he thought he should have had a linebacker and since #2 was a safety, he didn't need to touch him? Maybe I should give him a pass though since it looks like the linebacker was caught up in traffic and he was just surprised to see the linebacker could be that out of position that he didn't know what to do.
OPAG
AG
quote:
I literally watched that loop for 5 solid minutes. The C/RT dance is the best thing I have seen in a long time.

Those were my thoughts exactly!!
AgDotCom
These poor mother ****ers are in trouble.
Flashdiaz
AG
#74 is awesome. He pulls and runs around the entire line, then hobbles back and pushes #20 in the back after the play is done.
aezmvp
It's clearly a busted play but dear God hardly anyone did their job. Check out the blocking the receivers do up top too. Pathetic.
The Collective
AG
quote:
Who does #74 think he is supposed to block? If he is pulling, he should be clearing somebody out. I assume he thought he should have had a linebacker and since #2 was a safety, he didn't need to touch him? Maybe I should give him a pass though since it looks like the linebacker was caught up in traffic and he was just surprised to see the linebacker could be that out of position that he didn't know what to do.

Looked like some of the kids (5-6 year olds) I coach in basketball... just run immediately to their spot without any idea of what is going on around them.
ABATTBQ11
AG
With as much as their offense sucks, they need to add a third coordinator. There's just too much work for the two they have now.
NoneGiven
AG
Saw Appletits and his shamed wife at HEB yesterday. Evidently he is still seeking employment.
If Charlie is trolling frat houses for QBs he may as well start slumming for coordinators as well.
Madden
quote:
Gotta be a busted play...

On the first play of the game... Sad
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Saw Appletits and his shamed wife at HEB yesterday. Evidently he is still seeking employment.
If Charlie is trolling frat houses for QBs he may as well start slumming for coordinators as well.

Never fear, the university will hire him for their Transgender Awareness and Sensitivity program shortly, or he'll join the LHN team of Williams and VY.
Houston Summit
AG
Unbelievable
HtownAg92
AG
The athleticism displayed by Raulerson, 74 and 65 is just....nevermind, I cannot even write it down sarcastically.

Can anyone add the Benny Hill music to the gif?
liner98
AG
There are just no words for this in D1 football. Holy crap what a dumpster fire. But this is could watch all day.
d78230
AG
Guys running the wrong way and not knowing who to block isn't a overrated talent issue. That's coaching fail.

Guess that explains 4 draftees in 10 yrs at okie lite.
Snow Monkey Ambassador
AG
quote:
quote:
Gotta be a busted play...

The RG pulls left and the RB goes right.

RT pulls back as if to keep pursuit from going left.

My guess is... the QB changed the play at the line, but if you notice the TE is on the left, and the defense is lined up heavy on the right.

That play should have gone left... the QB and RB screwed it, and had it gone Left... it'd have gone for 15+
Dont think so (that it was a busted play). I think it was just misdirection in the backfield. You see the QB go right after the fake handoff, so its unlikely that the RB was also trying to go right....you even see the RB plant his right foot right after getting the handoff as if trying to move left...although that certainly could have been simply trying to avoid the defense.

To run a counter or misdirection type play out of that formation the RB has to cross the face of the QB for the handoff, and then change direction and follow the pulling lineman.

But the RB never got the chance because of such chitty OL play. Raulerson/the RT dont pick up the 3-technique, and he causes the play to implode
The play was clearly supposed to go left, but their RT had no idea what the **** he was supposed to be doing and that may be the worst C I've ever seen at this level of football. Sure, his assignment was "help" for the RT (who should've blocked down on the 5 technique rather than doing absolutely nothing), but dude snaps the ball and then does absolutely nothing but get in the way.

Freaking Keystone Kops!
Bobcat06
AG
quote:
It's clearly a busted play but dear God hardly anyone did their job. Check out the blocking the receivers do up top too. Pathetic.
It's a busted play because no one blocked the DE who got to the QB before the handoff.
Charlie 31
AG
quote:
what in the world was #74 doing?

Just kind of shuffling around the line of scrimmage

A wheel route...
RayRay99
AG
quote:
B-b-butt Wickline gif!

Why was Emmanuel Lewis there
ccatag
AG
Wickline bringing his services and talents back to Texas at Baylor. The sippies were thrilled when he came to tu as their (OL coach) offensive coordinator that either did or did not call plays?
Did that issue with OkState ever get worked out?

That OP video link is hard to stop watching. I enjoyed those Charlie Strong teams and years at tu. Good times!
Refresh
Page 2 of 2

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.