Ketchum and his grand kids

36,369 Views | 163 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by fistofsouth
El Nino in Londontown
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
What an absolute pile of crap.

quote:
10 things I'm thinking on a Tuesday night (Mack, Saban and more)

What a day.

As I sit down to pour out some thoughts onto my keyboard, I don't even know exactly I'm going to say. So many thoughts. So many angles. So much everything.

Again, what a day.

I'm just going to start typing and we'll see where this bad boy takes me.

1. I hope everyone realizes what today represents… the first step in what will be one of the most memorable stretches of time that this school/athletic program has ever known. The next few days will represent the final days of a tremendous era in Longhorn football and that by itself represents an incredible marker in the history of this 13-year old website, but I can't stress enough that the next few days, weeks and months could be the type of stuff that everyone will be telling their grandkids about. We're living right in the middle of history, starting with the Mack's goodbye and continuing into whatever the hell happens next.

2. As I wrote on Monday everyone needs to be cool and let the process be the process. Meetings and conversations and negotiations will take place in the coming days and there will be a resolution by the end of the week. If you go back to Chip's story today, this quote is paramount in my mind:

"Mack Brown loves Texas and wants what's in the best interest of Texas and what's in the best interest of Mack Brown," one high-level source said. "I don't think it's been an easy decision. But he doesn't want negativity around the program he helped unify.

3. I hope everyone knows the level of vetting on this story was intense. We did not report this cavalierly. There was a lot of dialogue throughout the day as Chip and the staff worked in unison to piece together what specifically was going to be reported. Make no mistake about it, we understood what our report would represent and the magnitude of the reaction it would create.

4. I'm thinking Friday will be an incredibly emotional day. Can you imagine the banquet? Honestly, I can't. It's a little hard for me to imagine the scene just yet.

5. Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban. Saban.

This is the moment this piece of the story has been waiting on. As if Frodo had just put the ring on his ringer, the eye of college football has turned to Alabama to see what step Nick Saban takes next. His silence today speaks volumes. VOLUMES.

Whether he takes the Texas job or not, this is the moment Jimmy Sexton and Saban have been waiting on, the moment when the true power of Saban's worth reveals itself. Seven million? Ten Million? One Hundred Million? Two Hundred Million. A Billion? Whatever that number is, everything that has been hinted at for the last year comes to a head right now. This is what they have been waiting for and I mean…. W-a-i-t-i-n-g. Now Saban gets paid, Sexton gets paid and then all of Sexton's other clients get paid again, which means Sexton gets to double dip on the rake! My God, I want to be Jimmy Sexton when I grow up. Total mancrush.

6. Every day Saban is silent, the better it becomes for Texas. No matter what happens, I really don't believe Saban wants to be viewed as a guy that was aligning for Mack's job before it was open. It will be incredibly hard for him to stay silent for the next 48 hours. Or hell, maybe it won't. We'll see, but I know every reporter on the planet is on the story now. Buckle up.

7. Just to be clear, this is the greatest attempted coaching theft in the history of the sport. It would cause the entire college football world to rumble.

8. There is no downside here for Texas. The might of the job is becoming apparent by the very discussion that is beginning to take place. If not Saban, this will be a very coveted position.

9. I've said it time and time again. One of the great aspects of being a Texas fan is that you have the luxury of having a lot of very talented writers/opinion makers in the Longhorn universe for information. As today got hotter and hotter, the last thing on my mind was any kind of silly Longhorns Internet site battle. Our 100% focus is on us and making sure that what we were doing was.is on point. In the aftermath of today, I'm reminded of these silly things we allow ourselves to engage in and I'll just remark once again that it's silly and I've been Silly The Clown on an occasion or two. With so much going on, we shouldn't have time to worry about the clutter and I can tell you today that was definitely the case. The bottom line is that good work in this industry in this market is not exclusive to one place, but I'm quite confident that the 13-year reputation of this website speaks for itself.

10. Nice job, Chip Brown.

One of the great things about working with the OB team is that we're more family than co-workers. There's a loyalty between us that makes working together every day something unique and special in this industry, so when one of the best college football reporters on the planet has the kind of day in reporting that makes the likes of Colin Cowherd, Bruce Feldman and just about every other respectable name in the industry sing his praises, it's a proud moment for all of us that witness the daily grind and total commitment that Chip puts into this job. I just wanted to give Chip an "attaboy" for the professionalism and care for his craft that he exhibits every day, an effort that that has helped make Orangebloods what it has become as a nationally credible news organization.

From, Chip to Suchomel to Dustin to Taylor to Alex… I'm a lucky dude.

11. Time to get back to work and stop with the back-patting. This is the start of the race and not the finish line. Are you guys ready for stories you'll tell your grandkids?

quote:
Subscriber retort

Come on man. Every word about not patting yourself on the back is a veiled attempt at doing just that. Advertising this thing as "history that we'll tell or grand kids about" is garbage. Maybe Ketch will tell his grand kids about the time he generated a bunch of hits on his website but please don't insult the rest of us by mentioning Chip "hide in a dumpster" Brown and this story. You can take a shot on reporting a story like this exactly because OB is a gossip column web site, not a source for journalistic integrity. No skin off your back if you miss, big "look at me" celebration if you happen to be right.

Anyone who is a true fan of Texas athletics should recognize that this site and others like it do not help the program, they damage it.

If you don't care about the University but simply want to be entertained, you've come to the right place. It's the National Enquirer of sports coverage. Maybe we'll see a thread about "Batboy Named New Head Coach."

BQ_90
AG
people actually pay for that ****.

The Collective
AG
quote:
but I can't stress enough that the next few days, weeks and months could be the type of stuff that everyone will be telling their grandkids about.

Real journalist "Jeff" struggles with grammar and grasping the importance of the moment.
jackalope05
AG
What the f-ck is a frodo? Lloyd?
digging tunnels
AG
Dumb fuggin horns pay for this sheet? Idiots they are
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
quote:
I just wanted to give Chip an "attaboy" for the professionalism and care for his craft that he exhibits every day, an effort that that has helped make Orangebloods what it has become as a nationally credible news organization.

95_Aggie
AG
quote:
next few days, weeks and months could be the type of stuff that everyone will be telling their grandkids about.

Yeah ... how they screwed up a coaching transition and had a giant PR failure.
jackalope05
AG
Tom Doniphon
What a crock of ****.
BlackLab
AG

[This message has been edited by BlackLab (edited 12/11/2013 2:09p).]
ac04
Silly The Clown? jesus
jackalope05
AG
Staples will not live to see grandkids
The Collective
AG
Just read #9. Did OB steal this scoop? Reads like a half assed apology but **** you.
Rocco S
quote:
9. I've said it time and time again. One of the great aspects of being a Texas fan is that you have the luxury of having a lot of very talented writers/opinion makers in the Longhorn universe for information

No ****ing way that's not trolling. He gets made fun of by other horn sites for ****s sake.
agent-maroon
AG
quote:
8. There is no downside here for Texas.

Nope, no downside whatsoever. Just like there are no clown shows from the sip AD.
No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
91_Aggie
AG
Is he married?
Paradise Ag
AG
Agreed.

NO downside, NO clown show.
OaklandAg06
AG
What an abortion of the English language and grammar
AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
hahahahahahahaha

They desperately want a 100-year moment.

This ain't it.

AgFormerlyInIrving
AG
"One of the great aspects of being a Texas fan is that you have the luxury of having a lot of very talented writers/opinion makers in the Longhorn universe for information."
WillieBrownsBratwurstBun
AG
quote:
8. There is no downside here for Texas. The might of the job is becoming apparent by the very discussion that is beginning to take place. If not Saban, this will be a very coveted position.

Except when they overpay for some schmuck who underachieves. Congrats on allowing Jimmy Sexton to run the show!
nu awlins ag
AG
quote:
One of the great things about working with the OB team is that we're more family than co-workers.

Hotdog Hamblin
AGSPORTSFAN07
AG
quote:
One of the great aspects of being a Texas fan

What a ****tard!!!!!
cupcakesprinkles
AG
Didn't Mack give his response to 247 and not OB after OB initially reported Mack to be stepping down?

Biz Ag
AG
quote:
I've been Silly The Clown on an occasion or two

Well, those Clown Cars in Austin do need drivers.
Furlock Bones
AG
That's a pros pro right there folks.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
A silverback gorilla whacking off with his elbow on a keypad could have produced better content than that tripe.

[This message has been edited by 13 0 Branding Iron (edited 12/11/2013 2:36p).]
wbt5845
AG
Grandchildren?

That fat sack of goo has to:

1. Find a woman desperate enough to mate with Jabba the Hutt.

2. Manage an erection

3. Hold it long enough to insert it into the dusty, worm riddled vaginal cavity that his "mate" has.

4. Generate sufficient movement to fully arouse himself without his aorta exploding.

5. Ejaculate with sufficient energy to seed said infested evil cavity

6. Have his sperm find some ovate type organism to latch onto to complete the reproductive process.

I don't see any of that happening.
Ft Worth Ag
AG
I wonder how his mancrush on Jimmy Sexton turns out when Saban leaves the Texas program at the alter. I doubt he will have nice things to say about Sexton after the scene plays out, regardless of how many posters Ketch puts of Sexton over his bed.

Sexton is about to ream Texas, and Texas may be "in for a penny, in for a pound" with Saban that a back-up plan may not be there (minus stories that the Harbrough brothers and Mike Tomlin are seriously looking to be the next coach in Austin).
The D
AG
quote:
Grandchildren?

That fat sack of goo has to:

1. Find a woman desperate enough to mate with Jabba the Hutt.

2. Manage an erection

3. Hold it long enough to insert it into the dusty, worm riddled vaginal cavity that his "mate" has.

4. Generate sufficient movement to fully arouse himself without his aorta exploding.

5. Ejaculate with sufficient energy to seed said infested evil cavity

6. Have his sperm find some ovate type organism to latch onto to complete the reproductive process.

I don't see any of that happening.
Red Five
AG
Give Ketch credit on one thing, he is right about the might of the Longhorn program becoming apparent. That job is so coveted that they are having to pay twice what any coach has ever been paid to get their man. Truly impressive.
Tom Kazansky 2012
AG
Bonfire1996
AG
quote:
This is what I wrote my post about. The focus is going to shift to the list soon. Look how great a job this is!
Ft Worth Ag
AG
quote:
Grandchildren?

More likely the couple sold their souls to the Dark One to help conceive a spawn to be unleashed on the world. Lucky us.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.