Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC

33,894 Views | 225 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Year of the Germaphobe
Bryanisbest
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Think about it. This is their only way to stop our rise and replacement of them as the supreme football power in Texas. Their own arrogance is their main obstacle. They will have to admit they were wrong about our move, wrong about the SEC etc. But when they realize that this is the only way to stop us their ego will have to give way to this smarter tactic. I believe they can put us back in our subservient role ONLY by entering the SEC and so they will be forced to eat the crow necessary to do it. I believe the SEC will have to let them in due to their tremendous wealth and power in all the back rooms around Texas and the nation. Our only hope is that their arrogance will outweigh their good sense. It will take a while for them to see this but it will eventually become very apparent: either go to SEC or resign forever their superior football position to Texas A and M.
aggie_2001_2005
Why would the SEC add Texas again?
DevilD77
AG
No votes from A&M, LSU, Arky, and Mizzou say this won't happen!
depriest1022
AG
Not going to happen. They don't want to share power, the league office isn't moving from Alabama, and too many no votes.

http://7on7football.blogspot.com/

Pure Aggie
AG
quote:
too many no votes.
Bryanisbest
AG
You people underestimate their power and influence in places like Texas legislature, NCAA, etc. They can do things believe me. They will get the votes by HOOK or crook.

[This message has been edited by Bryanisbest (edited 11/18/2012 12:28p).]
92_Ag
AG
Not to mention the albatross known as the lhn.

Worry about tu when they actually have anything to worry about. Our ship has sailed.
Silver Taps
Won 't Happen !!!
USDA AG
No, they won't get in.
deadelephant98
AG
Will never happen.
Rocky Rider
AG
Would love to see Dodds try to push around Bama, Florida, Georgia, and LSU.

They won't join because they won't be the top dog.
PJYoung
AG
The surest sign of BAS is an Aggie that is convinced that Texas will be able to join the SEC.

Ridiculous.
montanagriz
S
We have seen there "power" denied PAC 12, Norte dame turned them down, Florida st and Clemson turned them down. Arkansas turned them down. Yep, they got the power
smucket
AG
quote:
Worry about tu when they actually have anything to worry about.
tiger08
They didn't have enough power to stop us leaving, sooooooo, yeah. Not going to happen.
TwoTimeAg
AG
t.u. will go to the Pac 12 if Powers is still around or the B1G. Slim to none chance they ever go to the SEC.
ckwarren33
OP is premature in his conclusion. Lots would have to happen over the next 5-10 years for the whorn to begin an SEC campaign. First, they have to demonstrably become second fiddle in Texas. Second, that role has to be viewed as permanant. Third, the LHN would need to be flushed. Fourth, the SEC Network would need to become a financial home run. Fifth, the B1G and PAC would have to turn down the whorn multiple incremental times.

Let's revisit this in 5 years.
UKAggie96
AG
Not going to happen - I predict that if Maryland goes to B10, then Florida State will join the Big 12 and they will also add Clemson which will stabilize the conference with Texas, OU, Florida State and Clemson as traditional powers. The ACC will merge with Big East for basketball. VaTech and one other school will join the SEC.
TXCityAggie
AG
As other have said, there are too many no votes.

A&M and Mizzou will vote hell no. Florida, Georgia, and SC will vote no because they don't want to open up the possibility of other schools in their states being admitted. Arkansas is likely a no as well.
Bring n WOOD
AG
OP: FAIL......
Bryanisbest
AG
Ckwarren, notice I said, "it will take a while for them to see this.". Yes, 5 years is reasonable. Sooner or later, though.
RecklessAg
AG
No wonder everyone thinks bryanisbest is a sip troll, agtag or not. Plus at this rate the pendulum will have swung our way with recruiting and facilities before they wise up.
Verne Lundquist
AG
FUDGE THEM

THEY SHANT CROSS
AnalogyAg

quote:
They didn't have enough power to stop us leaving, sooooooo, yeah. Not going to happen.

THIS! I was absolutely shocked when we actually pulled it off. I thought for sure that Dodds was behind the Baylor litigation move and felt there must surely be some legislative interference coming down shortly.

I believe t.u. COULD have stopped it if they really wanted to, but LUCKILY FOR US, their own arrogance would not allow it.

They were more interested in spinning it their way and trying to maintain a stiff upper lip, when they should have been doing everything possible to stop it, including junking the LHN deal.

I'm forever relieved they were much too arrogant for such desperate tactics.

[This message has been edited by AnalogyAg (edited 11/18/2012 12:40p).]
wheelsoff
big iiiixii is gonna be around a while..didnt they just sign a billion dollar tv contract or something?
Buck Turgidson
"Horns will ultimately have to join the SEC"

YOU SHUT YOUR DIRTY ***** MOUTH!

Seriously, those filthy soddomites will be in the PAC as soon as they abandon that tumor called the LHN.
RockOn
There will ultimately be 4 power conferences:
For Sure:
1. SEC
2. Big10
3. Pac12

The ACC, BigEast and Big12 are to be transformed or dissolved one way or another. I would expect a few Big12 teams to join the Pac (UT, Tech). OU/OSU to join the SEC. And the BE/ACC to merge to 16 dropping the BigEast dead weights. WVU wold then go back to the BE/ACC.
Phil Garner
quote:
You people underestimate their power and influence in places like Texas legislature, NCAA, etc. They can do things believe me. They will get the votes by HOOK or crook.

[This message has been edited by Bryanisbest (edited 11/18/2012 12:28p).]

Okay guy.
zmurda
This is a fear that I too share OP, but I agree with most of the posters here that it is a long shot. I really hope that the SEC powers that be would realize what kind of head ache they'd be inviting.
HeadGames
AG
You mean the horns would have to grow a di ck? Not happening
aggiehawg
AG
quote:
Arkansas is likely a no as well.

Though he is still with us, Frank Broyles' dying breath would be expended saying, "Hell, no. Never let Texas into the SEC." They are the reason Arkansas left the SWC in the first place.

Kemo Sabe
The sec doesn't need them. They have a track record of being conference killers. They won't have the votes. SC and Fla do not want fla state or Clemson and will want reciprocating no votes from mizz, a&m and ark to keep those schools out.

[This message has been edited by Kemo sabe (edited 11/18/2012 12:55p).]
CiboloAg
SEC doesn't need or want them. Plus the sips are still getting rich and will always be relevant (no matter how much we wish they weren't). They'd go all out independent before joining another conference at this point.
Bryanisbest
AG
Y'all ignore the remote possibility tu would ever humble themselves and come to SEC with hat in Hand and willing to give up the LHN. What is the only thing in the world that could bring that about? LOSS of position to TAMU. The fear of that one thing is the only thing that would bring them to their knees. And it will.

[This message has been edited by Bryanisbest (edited 11/18/2012 1:00p).]
aggiebones
AG
They will go Big10 eventually. Or possibly Pac10.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.