Its pretty simple sips. You will do exactly what we tell you to do.

77,522 Views | 456 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Tom Doniphon
99 Luftballoons Ag
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
You have no choice. You will join us in the SEC or we will go alone. Doing so will kill your football program, and you know it.

We are your Daddy, and you will do as we command. Get in the SEC with us or perish, beyotches.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
Luft
CenTxAg99
Did you think this sounded good when you typed it?
Bonfire1996
AG
Texas A&M in the SEC alone will lockdown recruiting East of I-45. That will kill the texas program.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Point out where I'm wrong. I know when I have a position of power. I negotiate for a living. We are in the position of power. The sips will have to do what we tell them to do or they get hosed. You know it. I know it. They know it. The SEC is praying for it.

Stop acting like this isn't the truth.
CenTxAg99
Texas can go to the SEC if they want regardless of what we do. Just because they don't want to doesn't mean we are in charge.

The certainly aren't in charge despite what some delusional sips on this site are saying, but neither are we.

[This message has been edited by CenTxAg99 (edited 6/11/2010 12:19a).]
Bonfire1996
AG
CenTx - texas already pooned out of the SEC
Texas_Horn
99redballoons

You've been pretty vocal and straight up angry on a lot of threads about this separation thing. You're not our Daddy and you know it.....in fact, it's quite the opposite.

The SEC knows Texas isn't interested, that's why they're trying to court "junior" to the dance in hopes of also attracting oklahoma or because they hope they can scare Texas into reconsidering the SEC. At the end of the day, we all know it's not the aggies the SEC, the Big 10, the Pac 10, or even the Mountain West wants, it's Texas. We can name our conference if we wanted and everyone would have to scramble their agendas around us. Sorry, you're absolutely wrong and all the venom you're spewing isn't going to change a thing.

The ONLY REASON the SEC has interest in the aggies is for the benefit of the rest of the schools ability to recruit in Texas. The funny part is that the aggies are the only ones that don't realize what's really happening. You guys actually believe that they're interested in you because "you're such a powerhouse and your program is going to bring so much to the table." LMAO!!! Let's be real, they need a few more conference doormats to help the big dogs in that conference get to better bowls and what better school to pick that the mighty fightin Texas aggies.

I think you and the rest of your aggie brothers know this is true and that's why your posts come across so hostile and full of jealousy. I don't blame you though, the aggies have been the red headed stepchildren of the Big 12 and you think you're more powerful than you really are. It's okay......we understand.
CenTxAg99
Yes..... they did.

That does not prove or have anything to do with the idea of us being in charge. They just don't want to go to the SEC.

[This message has been edited by CenTxAg99 (edited 6/11/2010 12:23a).]
Five1Two
Whoa, there, CenTx. You take your moderate tone and cogent, well-reasoned points some place else, pardner. aTm is daddy, and the sips better damn well accept it.
Bonfire1996
AG
Horn - Why hasn't texas declared for the Pac 11? Why are they waiting on A&M to make a decision.

Why is texas threatening A&M with retribution for not following texas in lockstep?

The fear emanating from Chip Brown and Geoff Ketchum with regards to A&M's future is very evident.
Bonfire1996
AG
CenTx - It isn't want. They are scared. You think they didn't know that USC was about to be cleared away by the NCAA? Google "Charles Alan Wright NCAA Infractions" and see if you think the sips know exactly what is going to happen to schools under investigation.
CenTxAg99
Don't misunderstand me here. The Sips certainly aren't in charge of us here either, and everything that has occured thus far in conference realignment negociations goes to prove that.

But that doesn't change the fact that the OP just doesn't make sense.
Five1Two
Dude. The OP negotiates for a living! A&M is going to KILL TEXAS'S FOOTBALL PROGRAM!! TELL ME WHERE HE'S WRONG!!

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 12:27a).]
CenTxAg99
quote:
CenTx - It isn't want. They are scared.

I completely agree.

I'm confused as to how you are connecting that with us.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
The ONLY REASON the SEC has interest in the aggies is for the benefit of the rest of the schools ability to recruit in Texas. The funny part is that the aggies are the only ones that don't realize what's really happening. You guys actually believe that they're interested in you because "you're such a powerhouse and your program is going to bring so much to the table." LMAO!!! Let's be real, they need a few more conference doormats to help the big dogs in that conference get to better bowls and what better school to pick that the mighty fightin Texas aggies.

Wait. wait. WAIT!!!

I know all they want is to pillage Texas recruits and suck our TVs dry. I know they don't give a rats ass about A&M. They don't give a rats ass about t.u. They want TEXAS TV!!!

It's you disheet sips that think everybody wants t.u. because they are so great. They don't. They want 3 HUGE TV markets and the money that comes with it.

We know that we can get a good deal with the SEC, regardless of our future success. We know that the SEC will pillage the sheet out of Texas recruits if we go without t.u.

Who stands to lose the most?

You will do what we say right ****ing now, or you will be screwed for 50 years.

We are in control.
Rabbe
what happens if A&M decides to join the rest of thier brethren to the PAC 16? Threads like this will look awfully stupid dontcha think?

I for one would hate to see you go but you have to do what you think is best. good luck to the ags wherever they may end up.....it's been fun

ps. since you negotiate for a living hopefully you're better at it than this message board thingy

[This message has been edited by Rabbe (edited 6/11/2010 12:40a).]
Bonfire1996
AG
Rabbe - dumbass. The reason we wouldn't play texas is because you took your ball and went home like a two year old.

Bunch of fuggin cowards.
APHIS AG
Horn, keeping on spouting the sip "party line" also, I have got some very bad news for you. It is not working. Just like a typical sip, you feel that by demeaning us and telling us of your superiority that it is going to change things. It will not. After the dust settles and the alignments are complete, we will see who are really going to be the "winners" and who are going to be the "losers". I have a feeling that the t.u. nation is in for a rude awakening and I am really looking forward to that.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Dude, if we go to the Fudge Pac, it will be SOLELY because it is the best deal for US ALONE. If the SEC is a better deal, t.u. will join us. You can't let us go to the SEC without being their with us. We would control the TV markets and your recruiting would REALLY suffer.

Why do you think t.u. is throwing such a hissy fit right now?
Five1Two
Well, if aTm heads for the SEC, Texas will have to be content with joining a conference with two schools located in Los Angeles (I don't have the numbers in front of me . . . is that a big TV market?).
Harry Stone
AG
yes, LA is a big TV market...but is it as big as the national CBS/ESPN/ABC deal the SEC has in place?
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Once again, you miss the point and the problem.

We don't care about California. t.u. is only as valuable to a conference as it's TV markets. A&M in the SEC will pillage and plunder the TVs in Texas. Your AD knows it, and so does your t-shirt orca fatass Ketch.

Critical to t.u.'s football success, recruit will also suffer.

t.u. cannot be successful if A&M goes to the SEC alone.

GET USED TO THE IDEA. We are holding all the cards. You will obey your Daddy.
Five1Two
Are you asking about viewership, or are you asking about contract money?

The SEC signed of the first multi-billion dollar TV deal; do think it will be the last?

Rabbe
quote:
why do you think t.u. is throwing such a hissy fit right now?

I don't know if UT is throwing a hissy fit or not.

I do know that some informed sources have said that A&M will join the Pac 16 and it will be announced as early as tomorrow.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
link.

Again, if we join the Fudge Pac it will be because WE found it to be our best option.
Five1Two
quote:
We don't care about California. t.u. is only as valuable to a conference as it's TV markets. A&M in the SEC will pillage and plunder the TVs in Texas.
So your argument is actually based on the notion that an aTm/SEC wedding will actually draw ALL of the TVs in Texas? Not create a split, but an honest to God monopoly? That's what's got you so geeked up?

Is it actually your sincere belief that aTm joining the SEC will have the effect of rendering Texas useless to the Pac 10 (since, naturally, we'll no longer be able to penetrate the Texas market)?

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 1:15a).]
Bonfire1996
AG
512 - No, his argument is that the SEC has CBS/ABC/ESPN on contractual lockdown. If A&M goes SEC, texas will not be on CBS or ESPN at all, all season, and on ABC maybe twice. The rest of their games will be on FSN unless NBC or Fox broadcast comes off the sidelines.

That is the deathnail for the texas program.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Not create a split, but an honest to God monopoly?

NO. It will be a split. But it will be in our favor...

...basically what bonfire said.
Bonfire1996
AG
512 - that is why the Pac 11 needed every big school in Texas, not just one.
Five1Two
I'm not persuaded.

As I said above: ESPN's deal with the SEC was the first, not the last, of the multi-billion dollar deals.

It simply disregards the laws of supply and demand to assume that Texas' football program can't find a big-money home anywhere outside of ESPN/SEC.

The Pac-10 will create its own network, and/or

FSN will cough up some cash, and/or

NBC will, and/or

a pay-per-view arrangement will be created, etc.

The demand is there. The rest is just gravity.

[This message has been edited by Five1Two (edited 6/11/2010 1:22a).]
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
Adding the Texas market only further justifies the perpetuation of the lockdown. Frankly, I don't understand why t.u. would not JUMP head first at the SEC. Except, of course, they are a bunch of chickens.
Five1Two
For the same reason we voted against partial qualifiers in the Big XII. We don't want to have to (a) lower our academic standards, or (b) recruit against in-conference schools with significantly lower academic standards than ours.

Obviously, Texas could join the SEC tomorrow if we wanted to. As it turns out, we simply don't. aTm does, and by all means, have at it. But the notion that "independence" equals "superiority" is just silly. And the idea that the ESPN/SEC contract is the end-all be-all of college football TV contracts is equally silly.
GAC06
AG
Vince Young is borderline retarded. He somehow made it past your stringent academic requirements and stayed in school for years. Please save your b.s. excuses. Texas won't join the SEC because they want an easier path and better chances of going undefeated. That and money, obviously but the SEC certainly provides that. It sucks that dip**** fans like yourself buy into those ridiculous lies that Texas spouts, and as a result you will wind up playing teams like Arizona and Oregon State.

If Texas gave two ****s about academic reputation they wouldn't be bringing along tech, okie lite, and oklahoma. Texas is being a pvssy and you the fans will suffer.
weeza
AG
I don't want to watch games that start at 9:00pm.

Fook the PAC10, and tu (and their "we won't play you anymore" bull****.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.