Why do you ags pretend like youre in charge?

46,254 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
13 0 Branding Iron
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
http://www.ocregister.com/articles/pac-233900-texas-time.html
quote:
Is it time for the Pac-10 to expand? We've been here before, in the mid-1990s, when... Texas and Texas A&M were blocked by their own state legislation.

http://www.teamspeedkills.com/2010/6/4/1500942/conference-realignment-wrap-up
quote:
Texas A&M holds a surprisingly large amount of sway here. As I mentioned above, it wants no part of the travel that would come along with Pac-10 membership. It would rather go to the SEC. Contrary to popular belief, it's not that the two of them have to go to the same place together; it's that they both have to end up in major conferences. It could conceivably happen that Texas goes to the Pac-10 and A&M goes to the SEC. Except that the SEC won't be preemptively doing anything.

So if Texas A&M says no to the Pac-10, Texas isn't going either. If Texas isn't going, then the whole scheme falls apart.

pooor stupid tards and their genetically inferior brains
FroggieBreath
Could it be argued that Rick Perry will have the ultimate say in where Texas teams go?

Rick Perry is an Aggie and former yell leader (I believe?) at that.

Thus, ultimately, the fate of even the non-Texas schools (because of deal brokering)- OU, OSU, and Colorado, as well as Baylor, Tech, A&M, and tu will essentially be in the hands of an Aggie.

So who is in charge?

An Aggie.

Good luck to ya'll tonight.
johnnyyou
Good luck tonight Ags.
waynehisler
That's the best sig ever Mailinater. It makes me angry and happy at the same time.
Harry Stone
AG
in all honesty, texas leads the way, BUT A&M doesn't need texas to make its own move. tech and baylor however, have to have texas to make a move. they could not go to a major conference without riding on texas' back.

raiders and bears can argue all they want, but that's the truth and they know and absolutely hate it. the only thing they can do on a message board until this all settles is deflect their arguments, blimp, or downplay A&M and the fact that it can go off by itself if the school wanted to go.

[This message has been edited by Harry Stone (edited 6/7/2010 7:43p).]
BDog
quote:
So far the only reports of A&M going to the SEC are on TexAgs.

fify
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
Take Texas A&M athletic director Bill Byrne's reaction Wednesday when asked if the Southeastern Conference is an option for the Aggies, should the Big 12 break up.

"It might be,'' Byrne said, pausing. "You know what? It might be.''
dermdoc
AG
BDog, face it.

If A&M didn't have other options, this Pac 10 deal would have already been done.

What do you think is holding it back-it ain't tech, baylor, or osu.

It certainly isn't tu-this is their deal.

Therefore, it has to be lowly A&M or possibly ou.

In other words, ya'll are not near as important as you thought you were.

No material on this site is intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. See full Medical Disclaimer.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
quote:
BDog
posted 8:28p, 06/07/10

quote:
----------------------------------------------So far the only reports of A&M going to the SEC are on TexAgs.
-----------------------------------------------
fify

http://www.dawgsports.com/2010/6/7/1505489/conference-expansion-the-sec-and
quote:
Into this stew of speculation and skullduggery, Poseur has tossed a hand grenade by suggesting that the SEC balk at Texas but bring Texas A&M into the fold. Are the Aggies, rather than the Longhorns, the lynchpin of league expansion?
quote:
BDog is a f***ing moron
FIFY

AGBlastoff
Ya know, there's an easy solution to all of these problems. Leave the Big 12 the way it is, and if Missouri goes, then take someone from a mid-major. to refill it to 12.
AJ02
missinAggieland
AG
As I understand things now, the realignment thing likes in the Huskers' hands...
Roll2Tide
Texas refuses to go to SEC because Mack's offense and ****ty defense will get exposed day in and day out, sorry but its a fact.
highwayman
Tell us more facts
Greg Marmalard
quote:
As I understand things now, the realignment thing lies in the Huskers' hands

it actually lies in Notre Dame's hands. if they choose to join the Big 10, then nothing else major will happen among the BCS conferences.

if they choose to stay independent, then the Big 10 will head to Lincoln. Then s*** will really start shuffling.

one thing is for certain - the Big 10 is going to expand. but it all starts with ND.
David_Puddy
AG
quote:
highwayman
posted 5:33a, 06/08/10

Tell us more facts

Here, I've got one....you have never stepped foot inside of a classroom at the university you're always defending every day on this website.
TefIon Don
AG
F all the other B12 schools. I want the SEC. I would love to see the pac-10 deal fall apart when OU and A&M bolt for the SEC, leaving texas to sit and squirm.
4 TTech
Texas is #1 here, by a lot. Without Texas this PAC 16 deal is probably off. A&M is a distant second but I wouldn't say that they are being dragged along by Texas. They will most likely go where Texas does because they bring in the $$$, not because they're riding coattails. I doubt the SEC extends an invite to A&M only and doubt that A&M would accept it if they did. I'm honestly just glad that we have risen enough as a program that we don't have to pull a Baylor just to try to get inclusion.
TefIon Don
AG
I'm lobbying for A&M AND OU...without OU texas would have a problem, as it is their biggest TV football rival.
Roman Moronie
quote:
FroggieBreath
posted 4:35p, 06/07/10

Could it be argued that Rick Perry will have the ultimate say in where Texas teams go?

Rick Perry is an Aggie and former yell leader (I believe?) at that.

And, more importantly, he's pretty handy with a pistol.
Yersinia pestis
I'm embarrassed that a Texan used a laser-sight.
13 0 Branding Iron
AG
READY FOR THE COLD HARD TRUTH, TARDS?

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/350707-conference-realignment-and-the-birth-of-the-super-conferences
quote:
SEC: what else can you say—Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State would be a grand slam. It's tough to imagine a better way for things to play out for this conference. All of a sudden that $205 million contract could increase, headed by the additions of premiere programs. Those four would have instant rivalries with LSU and Arkansas as well.
quote:
At the top of the list of losing schools would be those Big 12 members left out of the Big Ten, Pac-10, and SEC. None would likely attract ACC interest. The remaining Big East schools would also likely be left without a conference as well.

Iowa State
Kansas State
Texas Tech
Baylor

Cincinnati
South Florida
LonghornDub
BI - I would rather just UT and A&M from the west go to the SEC, and they take FSU and Miami into the east. There aren't enough TV sets in the Indian Territory to matter.

It doesn't look good though. The perception in Austin is that the academics and the state of ethics in the athletic programs in the SEC is too low to fix. I'm starting think both schools should stay put and just build a conference around them. It can be done.

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

Sumus Tejas
UTex09
quote:
SEC: what else can you say—Texas, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, and Oklahoma State would be a grand slam. It's tough to imagine a better way for things to play out for this conference. All of a sudden that $205 million contract could increase, headed by the additions of premiere programs. Those four would have instant rivalries with LSU and Arkansas as well.

My God. The thought of this is pretty amazing. That would be a conference that would be unchallenged as the best conference in the country (even more so than now). Other conferences would really have no chance of ever catching that new look SEC.
BMEDAggie11
Lonestar conference

Texas
A&M
Tceh
Houston
Rice
SMU
Baylor
North Texas
UTEP
TCU

Let's do this, beetches
LonghornDub
BMED - I like it.

Uva Uvam Vivendo Varia Fit

Sumus Tejas
Happy Kuykendahl
quote:
4 TTech
posted 8:15a, 06/08/10

Texas is #1 here, by a lot. Without Texas this PAC 16 deal is probably off. A&M is a distant second but I wouldn't say that they are being dragged along by Texas. They will most likely go where Texas does because they bring in the $$$, not because they're riding coattails. I doubt the SEC extends an invite to A&M only and doubt that A&M would accept it if they did. I'm honestly just glad that we have risen enough as a program that we don't have to pull a Baylor just to try to get inclusion.

A History Of Violence
AG
Poor Meaty Curtains.
John Beckwith
AG

Lloyd Christmas
quote:
Greg Marmalard
posted 3:23p, 06/07/10

A&M to the SEC please
John Beckwith
AG
quote:
Mailinator1892
posted 3:38p, 06/07/10

A&M and Texas will not be in different conferences, I don't care what fans on a message board want or think.

Oops.

AgDotCom
Damn. Talk about ripping someone's ballsack off and then showing it to them as you squirt the testicles out one by one like melon seeds.
goodAg80
AG
Forgot about the idiot A Horn.
staticdoor
AG
I killed on this thread
Furlock Bones
AG
fantastic thread bump

holy chimp brown

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.