Why do you ags pretend like youre in charge?

46,240 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
BohunkAg
How long do you want to ignore this user?
AG
Sammy summed it up pretty nicely. I'm looking at it from a personal travel perspective too. I'd much rather go to Bryant-Denny, The Swamp, and Neyland Stadium than the LA Coliseum, Pullman Washington, and Tucson
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
Texas was 1st in athletic revenue for the past year.

Texas A&M was 4th.

Who the hell knows where Tech was. What logic you used to arrive to what you just posted, I have no idea, but it is idiotic and blatantly false.

Texas and A&M are running this show, and everyone else is along for the ride. Don't let facts get in your way, though.

Actually, we were #18 in value according to Forbes, but still one of the best. Number 17 in profits at $22 million. We were #3 in the big 12.

1) Texas, $119M value, $59M profit, Austin metro population, 1.51M

2) Notre Dame, $108M value, $38M profit, South Bend pop. 317k

3) Penn State, $99M value, $50M profit, State College pop. 145k

4) Nebraska, $93M value, $49M profit, Lincoln pop. 295k

5) Alabama, $92M value, $38M profit, Tuscaloosa pop. 207k

6) Florida, $88M value, $41M profit, Gainesville pop. 259k

7) LSU, $86M value, $39M profit, Baton Rouge pop. 774k

8) Ohio State, $85M value, $36M profit, Columbus pop. 1.77M

9) Georgia, $84M value, $45M profit, Athens pop. 189k

10) Oklahoma, $83M value, $40M profit, Cleveland county pop. 240k

11) Michigan, $81M value, $34M profit, Ann Arbor pop. 347k

12) South Carolina, $80M value, $37M profit, Columbia pop. 728k

13) Tennessee, $78M value, $29M profit, Knoxville pop. 691k

14) Auburn, $70M value, $30M profit, Auburn pop. 133k

15) USC, $68M value, $33M profit, LA pop. 9.68M

16) Michigan State, $57M value, $28M profit, Lansing pop. 454k

17) Arkansas, $56M value, $20M profit, Fayetteville pop. 444k

18) Texas A&M, $52M, $22M profit, College Station pop. 207k

19) Wisconsin, $48M value, $17M profit, Madison pop. 562k

20) Oklahoma State, $47 value, $18M profit, Stillwater pop. 78k
Detective Bannable
quote:
I want to goto the SEC because its the premier football conference in the country. I'd rather play Florida and LSU and Tennessee and Auburn and Alabama and Georgia and Arkansas and Ole Miss than Berkeley and Washington State and UCLA and Arizona and Oregon State. The culture in the SEC is 1500% closer to A&M's than is the Pac-10's. The travel is easier (and better), and there wouldnt be any midweek basketball games starting at 11 pm cst every week.

F taking the easy way out simply to be guaranteed a couple more wins per year. Play with the big dogs if you wanna be a big dog.

Give me the SEC.

Sam
staticdoor
AG
They were awful in part because we were out recruiting them. The argument becomes circular at some point. OU and LSU's rise along with Brown have killed our football program - literally.

If t.u. goes west and we go east our recruiting improves dramatically because we can sell staying at home (in Texas) and still playing in the SEC. OU's recruiting will remain at a high level, but A&M will benefit by getting recruits that would have likely gone to t.u. or LSU without the aforementioned realignment.
staticdoor
AG
Let me know how those 9pm kickoff ratings work out for t.u.

I want no part of that.
Mailinator1892
A&M and Texas will not be in different conferences, I don't care what fans on a message board want or think.
AmandaReed
Nice sphinx but unlike other people on this board I sign my work.

I am sorry if I don't gorge myself on the kool-aid like a lot of people on these forums do.

Any idiot can see that probably 85% of the realignment conversation is squarely focused on tu. Pretty much every other school is an after thought. If the SEC would want to expand tu would be the school it targets and A&M would be the throw in, much like how tech, and the other schools would be in the pac 10 deal.

I am sorry that my opinion differs from the very small minority of aggie fans who post on these forums

[This message has been edited by AmandaReed (edited 6/7/2010 3:39p).]
Mailinator1892
quote:
Let me know how those 9pm kickoff ratings work out for t.u.

I want no part of that

Texas and A&M will play only 2 teams per year that it would possibly fall into that scenario. If you think that a reworked contract will have a ton of 9 PM games you are sadly mistaken.
Greg Marmalard
quote:
I am sorry that my opinion differs from the very small minority of aggie fans who post on these forums

this usually doesnt go over real well.
BMEDAggie11
quote:
F taking the easy way out simply to be guaranteed a couple more wins per year. Play with the big dogs if you wanna be a big dog.

This was Arkie's thinking back in '91. In 20 years they have two SEC West titles, zero conference championships, finished over .500 in conference just five times and are 3-8 in bowl games. They've lost nearly one-fourth of their SEC conference games by at least 20 points.

But, they're still good enough to beat the dog**** out of us
BohunkAg
AG
What class are you, "Amanda?"
Frankie T
I'm glad I went ahead and upgraded to a 42" monitor here in the home office so I can see AmandaReed's profile pic without having to scroll back and forth so much.
BohunkAg
AG
Arkansas also has some of the best facilities in the country now too. Arky's mistake was that they lost their link to their big recruiting base in Texas. Not so for us.
Rusty Aha
AG
AmandaReed
Bmed- How would our recruiting improve? We are fighting against Mack, OU, and LSU for recruits right now. Now imagine opening up Texas to Meyer, Saban and company on a yearly basis.

If anything recruiting would become harder for Sherman. Sure he is getting some good recruits but how many would he lose should the SEC coaches start recruiting Texas?
BMEDAggie11
It's a massive risk that, if unsuccessful, could be the permanent death of our football program.
highwayman
quote:
If t.u. goes west and we go east our recruiting improves dramatically because we can sell staying at home (in Texas) and still playing in the SEC

This line of thinking I just don't get. A&M isn't getting top notch recruits because they've been suck the last decade, not because they're not playing in the SEC. Recruits choose programs, not conferences. I would think, if anything, it would hurt aTm's recruiting because they'd more than likely lose a lot more games in the SEC.
Frankie T
quote:
should the SEC coaches start recruiting Texas

Oh. For a few posts I thought maybe you weren't really a girl. Sorry, carry on sweetie.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
I dont think theres much argument that we'd take some lumps initially.

I'm not gonna predict we'll rattle of 2 straight undefeated seasons, but after a couple years of getting settled in, i have zero doubt we'd put a competitive team on the field.
BMEDAggie11
quote:
Pretty much every other school is an after thought. If the SEC would want to expand tu would be the school it targets and A&M would be the throw in, much like how tech, and the other schools would be in the pac 10 deal.

Not true. The SEC has stated that if they expand, they are expanding for depth and viewership, not more top heavy teams. A&M is historically a slightly above average team with a few dominant years, and we would bring viewership from three of the largest cities in the country. The SEC cannot afford another elite program, lest nobody ever run the table in that conference again
staticdoor
AG
What kool-aid are you talking about exactly? A&M doesn't need t.u. for a successful realignment period. You are either a self-loathing kid who has no concept of economics or some dumbass t-shirt sip or tard. I hope to god it is the latter because your posts are flat out ignorant.

Also, Urban Meyer doesn't need Texas when he has the State of Florida at his disposal much in the same way Mack Brown doesn't need Florida.

And spot on with Ark's mistake. The loss of access to Texas recruiting is why they wanted the game with us in Dallas to begin with.

[This message has been edited by sphinx (edited 6/7/2010 4:05p).]
BohunkAg
AG
http://www.caillouxfoundation.org/Scholars%20May%2005.htm

quote:
Amanda Hill from Kerrville's Tivy High School will major in nursing at Texas A&M at Corpus Christi.

No record on any Amanda Hill OR Amanda Reed on the Association of former students website. Wonder why that is?

[This message has been edited by BohunkAg (edited 6/7/2010 3:48p).]
Meaty Hands
I'm with bohunk. No way Amanda went to aTm, she's way to cute. Maybe she has aTm hips though.
BMEDAggie11
quote:
How would our recruiting improve?

The SEC is the most popular conference among Texas high school athletes, especially those in East Texas, which is why LSU, Arkie, and Bama are able to take high profile players from our state even up against tu. A Texas school in the SEC would have an advantage, especially if Texas goes to the Pac-10 (A mistake for them IMO). That being said, it would not improve "dramatically"
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:
AmandaReed

Bmed- How would our recruiting improve? We are fighting against Mack, OU, and LSU for recruits right now. Now imagine opening up Texas to Meyer, Saban and company on a yearly basis.

On the flip side, The Pac 10 would equally leverage USC and Oregon the same way.

quote:
should the SEC coaches start recruiting Texas?

Take a look at the SEC's rosters.
BMEDAggie11
quote:
Recruits choose programs, not conferences

This is just stupid, even for you. Recruits LOVE the SEC. If tu and OU werent so damn good, we'd be losing all our best athletes to them.
Greg Marmalard
quote:
It's a massive risk that, if unsuccessful, could be the permanent death of our football program

who gives a s***?

if you want to be a big dog, you gotta play the big dogs.
highwayman
quote:
The SEC is the most popular conference among Texas high school athletes
highwayman
Cmon hostile, Texas recruits occsasionally choose LSU, Bama, etc because they're big time programs.
highwayman
just like they occasionally choose USC, Michigan, ND, etc
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
quote:

No record on any Amanda Hill OR Amanda Reed on the Association of former students website. Wonder why that is?

I cant think of a more obvious non-aggie sock pretending to be an aggie. If they wouldnt get so overzealous, they'd work better. But the users are too dumb.
BMEDAggie11
One-fourth of the players on SEC football rosters are from Texas. Two teams are composed of more than 50% Texas players. Six teams in the SEC have more players from Texas on their roster than from their own state. At least six Texas players have been on the All-SEC team every year since 2000. Of the recruits who signed with the SEC last year, 22 had offers from tu or OU.

Like i said, stupid even for you
Mailinator1892
I want to win the lottery so I can buy a lot of cars and houses....

David_Puddy
AG
quote:
highwayman
posted 3:45p, 06/07/10

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If t.u. goes west and we go east our recruiting improves dramatically because we can sell staying at home (in Texas) and still playing in the SEC
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This line of thinking I just don't get. A&M isn't getting top notch recruits because they've been suck the last decade, not because they're not playing in the SEC. Recruits choose programs, not conferences. I would think, if anything, it would hurt aTm's recruiting because they'd more than likely lose a lot more games in the SEC.

You know what line of thinking that I don't get? Why some dipsh-t from Concordia is on an Aggie website, paying for Aggie recruiting information, and pimping Texas. Also the fact that you have the freakin audacity to try and run any sort of smack on Texas A&M or it's current and former students. Pretty f'ing brutal.
BMEDAggie11

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.