Why do you ags pretend like youre in charge?

46,263 Views | 228 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by West Point Aggie
Meaty Hands
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Texas is running this realignment thing.

aTm and Tech are along for the ride.

I know you don't like it and won't admit it, but it's true.
Muy
AG
cockroaches never shine a light on themselves, please follow suit.
BarnacleScraper
AG
quote:
Texas is running this realignment thing.

I think their bluff got called when the SEC said they would take A&M without tu.
Greg Marmalard
does A&M have an offer from the SEC?
Houston Solution
So not only do you have a stupid screen name and are a terrible poster, you also are an attention wh-re who has to start threads to call attention to himself.
highwayman
no
TefIon Don
AG
Has tceh officially joined the UT system yet?
A Horn
quote:
Greg Marmalard

No.

[This message has been edited by A Horn (edited 6/7/2010 3:10p).]
CenTxAg99
Texas was 1st in athletic revenue for the past year. Texas A&M was 4th. Who the hell knows where Tech was.

What logic you used to arrive to what you just posted, I have no idea, but it is insanely idiotic and blatantly false.

Texas and A&M are running this show, and everyone else is along for the ride. Don't let facts get in your way, though.

[This message has been edited by CenTxAg99 (edited 6/7/2010 3:15p).]
AmandaReed
No A&M has not received an official offer, or informal offer for that matter. Apparently a week ago or so Bill met with an SEC official then commented on it. So far the only reports of A&M going to the SEC is in a package deal with Texas or Oklahoma.
BohunkAg
AG
The funny thing is that it's the Horns that are the ones with their heads in the sand. They already made the unbelievable blunder of saying there was no way they would join the SEC. Even if they had no intention of joining it, you don't lose that leverage.
BohunkAg
AG
.....and now they are trying to get leverage back by floating stories through Chip Brown. They look desperate.
99 Luftballoons Ag
AG
quote:
No A&M has not received an official offer, or informal offer for that matter. Apparently a week ago or so Bill met with an SEC official then commented on it. So far the only reports of A&M going to the SEC is in a package deal with Texas or Oklahoma.

Talking straight out that ass, aren't you?

John Maplethorpe
AG
quote:

Does Texas have an official offer from the Pac 10?
No.
BMEDAggie11
tu is definitely the straw that's stirring the drink. However, unlike Baylor and Tceh, A&M does not HAVE to hitch along for the ride in order to be in a BCS conference when the dust settles. There's a chance (albeit not the most likely scenario) that A&M and tu end up in seperate conferences. There is NO chance Tceh/Baylor go to a seperate major conference by themselves.
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
There are few things that would infuriate UT more than to see A&M end up in the SEC while they found themselves elsewhere.

I'm hoping like hell it happens.
staticdoor
AG
Please let this happen. I would love for A&M and t.u. to be in separate conferences. And BMED is right on. A&M is not breaking a sweat over realignment. You will note that all of the comments on message boards all over the country have tceh and Baylor arguing their case for inclusion in one of the major BCS conferences. Aggies aren't doing that...because there is no need.

[This message has been edited by sphinx (edited 6/7/2010 3:20p).]
BMEDAggie11
I'm not

As much as I like the SEC, we have a MUCH better chance of winning if we go to the Pac-10
Not that it would make much difference in W's and L's, but I would be devastated if I didn't get to watch Texas play OU and a&m every year. Love those games. College football wouldn't be the same for me without them. While some of you may hate Texas or vice versa, I'm a little different as I have family littered throughout both schools and my dislike for a&m ends when the clock reads 00:00
Lloyd Christmas
quote:
There is NO chance Tceh/Baylor go to a seperate major conference by themselves.

Although there are many aspects of this whole ordeal that absolutely pisses Raiders off, this particular point has to be up there.
CenTxAg99
Any aggie that honestly wants to go to the SEC needs to take a huge step back and realize what they are saying.

Being in the premier football conference doesn't mean **** if you are the doormat of that conference.

We also sure as hell don't gain any more academic respect by joining the SEC.

The fact that some people want to go to the SEC just so we can "stick it to t.u." is pretty sad.

[This message has been edited by CenTxAg99 (edited 6/7/2010 3:24p).]
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
You will note that all of the comments on message boards all over the country have tceh and Baylor arguing their case for inclusion in one of the major BCS conferences. Aggies aren't doing that...because there is no need.
staticdoor
AG
Our recruiting will increase dramatically if we are in the SEC and t.u. is elsewhere. When we were outrecruiting t.u. in the 80s and 90s we beat the **** out of SEC teams like LSU. The only game I can remember losing to an SEC team during that time period was the Hurricane Bowl to Alabama. We would not be the doormat for long.

I do not want to go to the SEC if t.u. went with us because then the fear is immeasurably more valid.
Greg Marmalard
A&M to the SEC please
BohunkAg
AG
quote:
The fact that some people want to go to the SEC just so we can "stick it to t.u." is sad and idiotic.

I have not seen that written once.
AmandaReed
No, I like to this thing called reading. It helps to get all of the information so that when you post something on the internet you don't look like a tool like that 13 0 iron guy who posts here.

There are a lot of aggie fans that just need to realize that tu is calling the shots. Where they go we go. Said but true! You can say what you want to contradict that but in the end you will see.
landman1
No one said Texas had an offer, Maplethorpe.

But several on here have said the SEC has offered the ags, which hasn't happened.
Greg Marmalard
quote:
AmandaReed
posted 3:25p, 06/07/10

No, I like to this thing called reading. It helps to get all of the information so that when you post something on the internet you don't look like a tool like that 13 0 iron guy who posts here.

There are a lot of aggie fans that just need to realize that tu is calling the shots. Where they go we go. Said but true! You can say what you want to contradict that but in the end you will see.

yours will not be a popular stance here in rivalries.

[This message has been edited by Greg Marmalard (edited 6/7/2010 3:27p).]
Mr. Fancy Pants
You sound like a legit, 100% Aggie

I totally believe you
CenTxAg99
I have.

And if you don't think that's the case, I would love to hear why the SEC is a better situation for us right now than the Pac 10 is.

I might be okay with going to the SEC IF we were further along in our rebuilding process. But we aren't ready for that right now. If we went right now, we would take too many beatings to recover. We would be on the same level as Mississippi State, and you know it.

[This message has been edited by CenTxAg99 (edited 6/7/2010 3:29p).]
staticdoor
AG
AmandaReed = t-shirt sip posting in drag from his basement.
Greg Marmalard
quote:
Mr. Fancy Pants
posted 3:26p, 06/07/10

You sound like a legit, 100% Aggie

in other words, conform or be gone.
BMEDAggie11
quote:
Our recruiting will increase dramatically if we are in the SEC and t.u. is elsewhere. When we were outrecruiting t.u. in the 80s and 90s we beat the **** out of SEC teams like LSU. The only game I can remember losing to an SEC team during that time period was the Hurricane Bowl to Alabama. We would not be the doormat for long.

1: Our recruiting will likely improve, but not dramatically. tu and OU will still be taking their pick of the litter, and LSU would be even more of a factor in Texas. Not to mention that every team in the SEC will start to dip their feet into the Texas talent pool.

2: LSU was awful in the early 90s
Samuel E. Cronkowitz
AG
I want to goto the SEC because its the premier football conference in the country. I'd rather play Florida and LSU and Tennessee and Auburn and Alabama and Georgia and Arkansas and Ole Miss than Berkeley and Washington State and UCLA and Arizona and Oregon State. The culture in the SEC is 1500% closer to A&M's than is the Pac-10's. The travel is easier (and better), and there wouldnt be any midweek basketball games starting at 11 pm cst every week.

F taking the easy way out simply to be guaranteed a couple more wins per year. Play with the big dogs if you wanna be a big dog.

Give me the SEC.
Mr. Fancy Pants
quote:
in other words, conform or be gone.

Hurr hurr durrrrrrrrrr

(No, that's not really what I meant.)

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.